Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks Charlton v Reading (closes Monday lunchtime)

Comments

• Options
    Sorry I know it’s about opinions but  have to respond to this, what a twat!! 
    Do care to explain yourself? I am a twat because of my opinions? Which looking at the majority of the other ratings given on here are not that much different to everyone else's...

So please enlighten me
    I repeat what I said  just in case you never heard the first time. The only thing you got right was Morgan should never been removed. Suggest you watch the game again and then enlighten yourself on exactly the correct marks. 
  • Options
    Trying to use my head rather than my heart.

Phillips: 7.5
    Matthews: 7.5
    Lockyer: 8
    Pearce: 7.5
    Oshilaja: 6 - Tries but (still) worries me.
    McGeady: 7 - Looked quality in the first half but 'strikers' need to get on the end of what he does.
    Cullen: 7.5
    Pratley: 6 - I think we should have brought Ozzy on for him as he (and his game) were not needed
    Morgan: 5.5 - Quality going forwards but he didn't track his runner
    Bonne: 4 - Has gone backwards 
    Aneke: 6
    Doughty: 7.5 - Unfortunately I don't think he can last 90 minutes running from left back, I would put him further up the pitch and get others to do his dirty work and let him just run at defences from opposition half
    Williams: 7
    Referee: 3 - That is being generous
  • Options
    Do care to explain yourself? I am a twat because of my opinions? Which looking at the majority of the other ratings given on here are not that much different to everyone else's...

So please enlighten me
    I thought Londonirish was spot on with his summing up.
  • Options

So please enlighten me
    That’s a relief we can rest easy now 
  • Options
    Phillips: 6
    Matthews: 7
    Lockyer: 6
    Pearce: 6
    Oshilaja: 5
    McGeady: 6
    Cullen: 6
    Pratley: 6
    Morgan: 6
    Bonne: 4
    Doughty: 7
    Williams: 6
    Referee: 2
  • Options
    edited July 2020

So please enlighten me
    I repeat what I said  just in case you never heard the first time. The only thing you got right was Morgan should never been removed. Suggest you watch the game again and then enlighten yourself on exactly the correct marks. 
    Repeat what you said? You didn't say anything soppy bollocks! Apart from it's a matter of OPINION and if you look back at the other opinions on here most people share the same opinion! I don't need to watch that game again I've watched every Charlton game for the last 25 years so I am very much entitled to MY opinion. 

And if don't like my marks then that's YOUR opinion and I couldn't care less! Now go dry your eyes snowflake
  • Options
    Phillips: 7
    Lockyer: 7
    Pearce: 7
    Oshilaja: 6
    McGeady: 5
    Cullen: 7.5
    Pratley: 7
    Morgan: 7.5
    Bonne: 6
    Aneke: 7
    Doughty: 7.5
    Williams: 5.5

Referee: 2.5
  • Options

So please enlighten me
    Repeat what you said? You didn't say anything soppy bollocks! Apart from it's a matter of OPINION and if you look back at the other opinions on here most people share the same opinion! I don't need to watch that game again I've watched every Charlton game for the last 25 years so I am very much entitled to MY opinion. 

And if don't like my marks then that's YOUR opinion and I couldn't care less! No go dry your eyes snowflake
    Don’t cry about It, suggest you watch something else if you get this emotional at being challenged. 
  • Options
    Hardly being challenged! 

All you've said is "What a twat"

Right intellectual debate there! Can tell you know your stuff about football! Haha anyway enough of you muggings I'm bored now! 
  • Options
    Phillips: 7 has very little to do

Lockyer: 8
    Pearce: 8
    Oshilaja: 4 HE IS NOT A LEFT BACK
    McGeady: 6.5 fades away
    Cullen: 9 great performance 
    Pratley: 7.5
    Morgan: 7
    Bonne: 6.5
    Aneke: 7.5
    Doughty: 8 SHOULD HAVE STARTED
    Referee: 1 TWAT of the highest order along with the linesmen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020

Phillips: 7.5 - had very little to do. 
    Matthews: 7.5 - strong, some good forward runs, a couple of decent crosses
    Lockyer: 7 - strong, busy afternoon as the Reading forwards were pretty lively.
    Pearce: 7.5 - committed performance, a couple of forward runs
    Oshilaja: 6.5 - some good defensive work but - 5 for the penalty, shouldn’t have dived in
    McGeady: 7.5 - possibly his best game for us but he seems to be finished at this level, nothing quite comes off, though was involved in Aneke’s “goal” and Bonne’s miss 
    Cullen: 7.5 - since his 3 MOM matches he’s not really been at the races, too defensive
    Pratley: 7 - too defensive, can only really hold players off or go sideways and backwards.
    Morgan: 9 - played very well first half, our most creative outlet and has precision and vision with some of his passes
    Bonne: 7 - ran about, should have scored, did he win a single header?
    Aneke: 7.5 - unlucky not to be on the scoresheet, seemed unfairly penalised on a number of occasions
    Doughty: 7.5 - talented player, needs to hone his dribbling skills to hang onto the ball, created a chance that Pratley just missed with the diving header.
    Williams: 7 - ran about but nothing really near enough to goal, goes down too easily
    Referee: 3 - shafted us

Hemed: 3 - did he even touch the ball after he came on
    Forster-Caskey: 6 - unlucky not to be awarded a penalty

• Options

So please enlighten me
    Maybe a bit strong, if the referees decisions had gone our way, marks may of been different. However LondonIrish fully entitled to his opinion and i dont entirely disagree with him. Certainly no need for personal insults
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed with that ref I can't give marks.
  • Options

So please enlighten me

And if don't like my marks then that's YOUR opinion and I couldn't care less! Now go dry your eyes snowflake
    Lol if ever there was a snowflake. Relax guys 
  • Options
    I can't believe I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to watch that - horrible refereeing

Phillips: 8 - I can't blame him for conceding the penalty, and some great distribution at times
    Matthews: 6 - solid performance, some decent crosses
    Lockyer: 6 - rarely felt threatened defensively, other than a brief spell in the first half
    Pearce: 6 - ditto ^
    Oshilaja: 5 - although he's performed alright in this position before, he was exposed today. Didn't offer a lot going forward, and defensively, well....
    McGeady: 6  
    Cullen: 7 
    Pratley: 6 - solid, but not the skillset required for this game
    Morgan: 8 - beautiful range of passing, some lovely diagonal balls
    Bonne: 5
    Aneke: 6 - I'm shocked how he didn't get a yellow, fouled the opposition so much which slowed down the game when we least needed it
    Doughty: 8 - the man can run
    Williams: 7 - classic williams, forced the opposition into fouling him. Shame we couldn't do anything with the free kicks.

Referee: 3
  • Options
    Lockyer: 6.5
    Pearce: 6
    Oshilaja: 5.5
    McGeady: 7
    Cullen: 6.5
    Pratley: 5
    Morgan: 7.5
    Bonne: 4
    Aneke: 6.5
  • Options
    Phillips: 6.5
    Matthews:  7
    Lockyer:  7
    Pearce:  7
    Oshilaja:  6
    McGeady:  6
    Cullen:  7
    Pratley:  7
    Morgan:  6.5
    Bonne:  5
    Aneke:  7
    Doughty:  7
    Williams:  6
    Referee:   3
  • Options
    your marks please:

Pearce: 6.5
    McGeady: 6.5

Hemed: n/a
    Forster-Caskey: n/a

• Options

Oshilaja: 5
    McGeady: 5
    Aneke: 5.5
    Doughty: 6
    Williams: 6.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Phillips: 6 nothing much to do.
    Matthews: 7 Good game.
    Oshilaja: 6 The foolish challenge lost us the game in the 2nd minute.
    McGeady: 6.5 His best game for us and was still distinctly average.
    Bonne: 6 Missed a good chance again.
    Aneke: 6.5 Lots of effort, little skill or brains. I suppose he was unlucky having the goal ruled out.
    Doughty: 7 Looked dangerous
    Williams: 7 Looked dangerous.
    Referee: 5 
  • Options
    Matthews: 6.5
    Oshilaja: 5.5
    Pratley: 5.5
    Morgan: 6.5
    Aneke: 5.5
    Referee: 4
  • Options
    Phillips 7 not much to do
    Matthews 7
    Lockyer 7
    Pearce 7
    Oshilaja 5.5 shouldnt of started
    Mcgeady 6.5
    Cullen 7
    Pratley 6
    Morgan 6
    Bonne 5.5 not at the races
    Aneke 6 tried but not great
    Doughty 7 made a positive impact
    Williams 6.5 same as doughty

Ref 4
  • Options
    SID JAMES - your criticism of another persons marks is out of place on here, please respect other views 
    Having read those marks and remarks I can understand why and how Sid James responded. I thought that the marks given and comments supplied were pathetic. Apparently every player was below average/awful at best. 
  • Options
    McGeady: 7
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    McGeady: 7.5 MotM (8.5 first half, but less involved 2nd)

Referee: 2 shocker
  • Options

Phillips: 7 not a lot to do 
    Oshilaja: 4 why we have a right sided CB playing LB when we have two LBs on the bench just confuses me. 
    McGeady: 7 thought he done well
    Cullen: 8 tidy
    Morgan: 8 Bowyers nonsense about why he was taken off at half time is ridiculous. Everything positive in the first half came through him. We lost that when he came off. 
    Bonne: 4 start Davisson
    Aneke: 6 he’s a handful, but not good enough 
    Doughty: 8 should’ve started 
    Referee: 0.5 dog shit but shouldn’t be blamed for the loss. We were all over Reading and had plenty of chances to score goals. We just don’t have anyone capable of scoring. 

Hemed: n/a he is not the type of player who can influence a game with 10 minutes to go
    Forster-Caskey: n/a unlucky booking 
  • Options
    Oshilaja: 5 (foul aside, he's clearly no left back. It's bizarre he keeps getting the nod).
    McGeady: 7 (some glimpses of the old McGeady).
    Cullen: 7.5 (deserves to be at a higher level).
    Pratley: 5
    Bonne: 4 (I actually feel sorry for him. He's being asked to do a job for which he's simply not equipped. As my Colchester Utd supporting mate said after they got rid of him, "he's national league at best").
    Aneke: 5 (looks really tired, really quickly. Some good strength and hold up play though).
    Doughty: 7 (good impact).

Referee: 2 - how he can continue to referee without any recourse to his incompetence is beyond belief.

• Options
    Oshilaja: 6.5
    Cullen: 6.5
    Bonne: 3
    Aneke: 3.5
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Phillips: 6.5 - didn't have much to do. did some good distribution at times. 
    Matthews: 7 beat their full back on several occasions. 
    Lockyer: 6 solid performance. was untroubled by their forwards
    Pearce: 6 passed the ball well out of defence. 
    Oshilaja: 5 crap beginning but got better after that. obviously shouldn't of been playing at left back anyway. 
    McGeady: 6.5 very good in the first half. played some really good crosses and dinks. went missing in second. 
    Cullen: 8 controlled the pace of the game in the middle. some really good passing and some outstanding tackles to win back possession. 
    Pratley: 5.5 slowed their attacks down but also slowed ours down when on the ball. 
    Morgan: 6.5 should of stayed on. great passing from him. wish he would be more in the middle either further up or in a pirlo position. 
    Bonne: 3 - should of scored at least 1. struggles to hold up the ball and has no understanding with his fellow striker. 
    Aneke: 3.5 missed a couple of chances and rarely looked threatening. isn't very mobile and has no pace to scare the opposition. his persistent fouling didn't help us much either. 
    Doughty: 6.5 some good runs 
    Williams: 6 won plenty of fouls but wish he would pass when in the box. 
    Referee: 1 - disgrace