Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clive Tyldesley "Sacked".

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can see why he’s put something like that out there if potential employers are now asking him if he’s facing health issues etc.
  • Options
    Does this mean that they have sacked his idiot co host Hoddle as well?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hal1x said:
    Does this mean that they have sacked his idiot co host Hoddle as well?
    Hopefully.  o:)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    So he's not actually been sacked. And it sounds like he will still be commentating for ITV.

So what's the story then?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I have just three words to summarise my thoughts on Clive Tyldesley:

“Cushion faced prick.“

😎
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I heard old complaints re-surfaced from the Fergie era. Clive made staff feel uncomfortable because he'd get inappropriate boners whenever United were playing
  • Options
    Blimey has the guy shat on everyones pillows or something?

Why the hatred? I dont feel passionately one way or the other over any football commentator personally! Bit OTT.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So he's not actually been sacked. And it sounds like he will still be commentating for ITV.

So what's the story then?

They’re taking him off the England games. 

He’ll be there number two guy which means he’ll get the joy of commentating on games like Finland v Russia at the Euros.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s life always someone younger breathing down your neck!!
    Shit response from him as he’s still got his job and presume salary! 
  • Options
    Made a long statement about how disappointed he is and that he won’t be making a statement!! 
  • Options
    Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
  • Options
    Not wanting to put the boot in on a man who's down but add me to list of people not liking his commentary.  He seems like a nice guy but he hates Spurs with a passion.

If I turn on the official international PL stream for a 3pm ko and he is commentating on Spurs, I tend to switch streams for NBC coverage now.
  • Options
    Blimey has the guy shat on everyones pillows or something?

Why the hatred? I dont feel passionately one way or the other over any football commentator personally! Bit OTT.
     fawns endlessly over ‘celebrity‘ players
    This x 10000
  • Options
    Sorry but what a prick. 22 years in the entertainment industry is a hell of a good run. He gets well paid to fly around the world watching football. Gets him a decent garden. Not even sacked, just doing the semi final not the final. He could say nothing, put out a jokey tweet asking if Sam Matterface can sort him two together for Villa on Sunday but he does this stupid whoa is me thing. Same moan that that prick from 5 Live Alan Green came up with.

At least Motson admitted that he was fed up travelling and was happy to carry on working wherever. (he's odd, worked with him a bit, hates foreign food and is amazingly nervous before a broadcast). 
    LMAO Unless you've got insider info I think you're overreacting a bit,

• Options
    "If you cut Jamie Carragher open, he'll bleed red."
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Not wanting to put the boot in on a man who's down but add me to list of people not liking his commentary.  He seems like a nice guy but he hates Spurs with a passion.

If I turn on the official international PL stream for a 3pm ko and he is commentating on Spurs, I tend to switch streams for NBC coverage now.
    What’s wrong with disliking Spurs ? 

In all seriousness, I wasn’t a great fan but he’s significantly better than Matterface
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I struggled with Motson and Davies, and the shocking Alan Green on Radio 5 who thought his personal views mattered.

Steve Wilson who commentated  on the Mendonca wonder show at Wembley was/is superb.

Clive Tyldesley's voice was fine, and becoming a number 2 at 65, seems a good idea as folk began to feel he was the reason England lost big games. 

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Way he used to say "and it's Wayne Rooooooney... Really irritated me, I was delighted when Rooney retired for that reason.

Think he said his name more then anything else during games. 
  • Options
    65 and not short of a few bob?

He should just move over gracefully and give the younger generation a chance.
  • Options
    What used to annoy me was any England free kick in the opposition half and he would pipe up 'Beckham territory....'