Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan | Sat 18 Jul | 12:30pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    They've done it again. 

Posted here last week how we've scored hatfalls of goals against Reading......and we draw a blank

Then on Wednesday it was how Jonnie Jackson scored a winner last time we won at Brum.......and we go let in a last minute equaliser.

Don't know why the club does it.
  • Options
    6 hours 48 minutes to kick off
  • Options
    6 hours 47 minutes to kick off
  • Options
    6 hours 46 minutes to kick off 
  • Options
    6 hours 45 minutes to kick off
  • Options
    been calling our wankness for ages when some were still too blinkered to see every shit wank nothing performance we were putting in as the outstanding start to the season fizzled out ...
    just over 4.5 days till it’s all confirmed 
    i feel  sick , excited in a sick way , sick as in gutted , sick of our fucktard club being fucked about with sick individuals , sick that we’re playing a “sick” team like Wigan , sick cos I’ve eaten too much Cadbury’s 

It’s still possible 
    but we are as shit as is down there and that’s with the remains of our “fully fit” squad 
    it ain’t over till the naked fella shows up in court .......... 
  • Options
    Today is the day that will decide what division we are in next season. 
    Come on Charlton don't let us down. 
  • Options
    It is probably the day. 
  • Options
    I don't believe that anything but a loss will happen, and that we will go down (just made more elaborate predictions on the 'league table talk' thread).

However this is football. We have to hope that they get a man sent off and/or we get a dodgy penalty and/or they get the shits and/or they get cocky after winning 8-0 and/or their goalkeeper lets the ball slip under his foot and/or their defender slips at a crucial moment and/or they get news about not getting paid just before the match and/or they hit the bar and post 8 times but can't score and/or they score an own goal and/or we get a lucky deflection 

Never win against 10 men but some of the others would be good.
  • Options
    Win or bust - simple. And I'm bricking it already. Hurry up kick-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Both on and off the field I think we’re in the last chance saloon. 
  • Options
    Always thought it would come down to Wigan to stay up. Us versus them to stay up at a packed Valley. Will have to settle for cart wheels in the garden than on the hallowed turf.

1-0 Charlton. Bowyer and Jacko complete their mission and keep us in the division. 
  • Options
    Very apprehensive - hope we can scrape a win.
  • Options
    7-mile run done and dusted, now to sit back and relax in eager anticipation of todays game

Legs felt good out running in this heat so got a good feeling about this one
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Birmingham was a big game, but there was always a second or third chance albeit not as easy chances. Today feels like Wembley last year without the occasion around it. Just as important though. 
  • Options
    Anything less than a win and we're as good as down sadly. We won't get anything at Leeds and Luton will beat Hull today.
  • Options
    Bowels on the move already,surely we are due just one tiny piece of luck,today would be good.
  • Options
    Well, we certainly need the run of the green today.
  • Options
    If we could avoid giving away a penalty today that would be a good start
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Yes, when you score as few as we do, you hardly need that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    MattF said:
    Brentford Referee: Gave us a penalty against Sunderland last season
    Reading Referee: Gave a penalty against us this season (Cardiff Home)
    Birmingham Referee: Gave a penalty against us this season (Preston Home)
    Wigan Referee: Gave a ton of penalties in the Doncaster game last season ;), also gave us a penalty in the Luton home game last season

Last four referees have all got history of giving penalties in Charlton games
  • Options
    With this being my last match preview of the season just want to thank everyone as always for their support and feedback when I write these

Thanks as well to @Sage for his support with the midweek games which has turned us into quite the team this season and am sure that'll continue into the next whatever League we're in!!
    Top work by both of you.  Thanks guys 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Today is the day that will decide what division we are in next season. 
    Come on Charlton don't let us down. 

Today is like a cup final, so many times down the years the underdog has come out on top.
    COYR.
  • Options
    I still think we will lose today, and Luton will win.  But now that Leeds are promoted and will surely seal the title later today, we might have a chance on Wednesday.

On the former, I do of course hope that I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Win this or death 
  • Options
    Throw the kitchen sink at them boys. Forget the Taylor’s and Gallagher’s, who gave up on you. This is about the Cullens and Phillips. We’re at home, we deserve to be in this league. Grab the chance with both hands.

COYRs!!!!!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Throw the kitchen sink at them boys. Forget the Taylor’s and Gallagher’s, who gave up on you. This is about the Cullens and Phillips. We’re at home, we deserve to be in this league. Grab the chance with both hands.

COYRs!!!!!

The general feeling is that Gallagher had no say in the matter.
  • Options
    We are gonna get proper rolled today. Early wigan goal and ends up 3-0.
  • Options
    I just can't see us stopping Wigan scoring a minimum of 2, that mean we need to score 2 or 3 ! Just not happening is it 😪
  • Options
    I think I have found a way for the club to win today, sign the topless dude up from yesterday's court case and stick him upfront for the last 20 mins, repay the bloke for being a legend and also show the EFL we don't give a fuck lol