Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Cowley Sacked

Comments

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    I'm not a big fan as find him a bit Pardewesque on the talking shit front. But he can hold his head up on a mission accomplished. As they're not inviting applicants it sounds like cost cutting.
    Andy Hughes?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Bowyer to Birmingham and Cowley to us in the summer ...you heard it here first 
    Or Crowley to Birmingham 
    Aleister? 
    Didn't see that coming.
  • Options
    Staggered, especially as his last result was beating West Brom 2-0
  • Options
    Staggered, especially as his last result was beating West Brom 2-1
  • Options
    Ungrateful bastards.
  • Options
    Staggered, especially as his last result was beating West Brom 2-1
    Wouldn't have been sacked if they had won 2-0  ;)
  • Options
    At the bottom of their statement it says something like “the club is not seeking applications for this role....” sounds like ro-lund sort of thing
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    At the bottom of their statement it says something like “the club is not seeking applications for this role....” sounds like ro-lund sort of thing
    Hudds fans on twitter suggesting that that means Mark Hudson taking over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That said, it seems there's more to this one than originally met the eye tbh 
  • Options
    Hope we reappoint Chris Powell just to wind up some of our fans

: - )

• Options
    Or Crowley to Birmingham 
    Crowley's already at Birmingham. He played in our game on Wednesday...
  • Options
    Cawley suggesting they could be interested in Bows. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Or Crowley to Birmingham 
    Crowley's already at Birmingham. He played in our game on Wednesday...
    Thought he was a good player to.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    My understanding is they are going with a coach, not a manager, quite possibly Hudson, for now.

Their "business" in the shortened off season is being done by an advisor or agent with the view of reduducing the wage bill but getting players to play the "German way".  It maybe that the next coach is there for months but the long term aim is to get a new European manager.

This is may or may not come true but that is the plan.  Now I have said that expect Pulis to be announced tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Strange....but footballs like that....likeable bloke says it at it is like I do....love him.
  • Options
    after guiding them to safety and arguably their best win (v WBA) of the season on Friday .. proves that 'loyalty' and 'gratitude' mean nothing to far too many in football .. BUT it serves the Cowley's right for quitting Lincoln for a better future ((:>) 
  • Options
    I reckon the Cowley's are Brum bound .. but in these times of no money, no income, will ANY club outside the Prem be looking to sign expensive personnel ? 
  • Options
    They want Leeds assistant to take over https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53472605
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hudson has also left
  • Options
    know someone who knew the Cowleys at Concord Rangers, reckon they were a horrible nasty pair.
  • Options
    Met him at Mansfield FA CUP away game last season....very pleasant to talk to, I found him to be a very nice individual with a great sense of humour.
    Lincoln fans were understandably gutted when he decided to leave them.....they had been on such a high.
  • Options
    know someone who knew the Cowleys at Concord Rangers, reckon they were a horrible nasty pair.
    Really......that would surprise me a great deal.🤔
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    They want Leeds assistant to take over https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53472605
    That'll never happen, what will Bielsa do for interviews?!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    You'd reckon he would want to be at Leeds as assistant in the Prem - and get that on his CV, rather than forfeit that to go to a struggling Huddersfield.
  • Options
    I wrote on another forum that they struck me as cocky chancers.  Saving Huddersfield from relegation when you have the benefit of parachute money is not evidence of indispensable managerial genius and it seems their Board concurred.
  • Options
    I wrote on another forum that they struck me as cocky chancers.  Saving Huddersfield from relegation when you have the benefit of parachute money is not evidence of indispensable managerial genius and it seems their Board concurred.
    Well, that's your opinion, fair enough  .....but Huddersfield were bottom of the division and hadn't won a game in the time before the Cowley bros. took over, parachute money et al.

I don't believe it's a question of managerial genius either - they were asked to save Hudds from relegation, given little money to spend in the January window, but did the job anyway, mission accomplished. 

You can bet their sacking was with Grant being sold from underneath them; told precious little of the transfer fee was going into the playing budget and tempers flared.

Or something like that.

• Options
    I know the family and this is incorrect.