Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Cowley Sacked

13»

Comments

• Options
    Read somewhere that Bowyer was their first choice when they appointed the brothers.
    Perhaps they see this as their chance to get Bowyer.
    Strange one though, unless Bowyer has already spoken to them.
    He clearly liked Yorkshire and wouldn’t be hard for him to settle again I guess
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Read somewhere that Bowyer was their first choice when they appointed the brothers.
    They wanted Bowyer for the same reason they wanted the brothers, keep them up or in the worst case take them back up.  Long term plan is a "European coach". 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Bowyer might have liked Yorks when he was in his 20s - but he's got a family now though.

He'd have to uproot them from Kent to Yorkshire.

Or live away from home most of the week.
    Can't think he'd like that much either.

#justwannagofishing
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    I think the Majestyk has shut though .....
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    They want Leeds assistant to take over https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53472605
    You'd reckon he would want to be at Leeds as assistant in the Prem - and get that on his CV, rather than forfeit that to go to a struggling Huddersfield.
    If he has any ambition (and reading the Leeds owners comments, he does), then he'd absolutely want the Huddersfield job. Added bonus for him is that he won't even have to move house.

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani said on Monday that Corberan has already had opportunities to leave Leeds to become a head coach previously.

"I understand the ambition of Carlos. I asked him to stay one year because we had an unfinished job. He did stay and now I think he needs to enjoy this moment of success with everybody.

I know how much Carlos works and I think now it's also good that he can take his own way and start a new journey to build himself as a first-team coach. He deserves it."

• Options
    Cowley's getting the sack was a shock, but seeing that Carlos Corberan was linked is very positive 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cowley's getting the sack was a shock, but seeing that Carlos Corberan was linked is very positive 
    @TerrierLee
    Yes I can see why you would say that.

What did you think of David Wagner ?
    The ex USA International striker ( dad was American) spent time as a number 2 at Dortmund where he worked with his mentor Klopp. 
    He was very successful in his first two seasons, getting the udders promoted and then keeping them up which was amazing.
    By the time he left in January 19, the terriers were 8 points adrift in the premier.

Wagner made a cracking start at Schalke but then they didn't win any of their last 14 games in Bundesliga. He seems to hit the ground running with team bonding being a big thing for him. 

• Options
    Carlos Corberán is a great young coach who Bielsa has had to persuade to stay when other clubs have come in for him.