Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarr to Coventry ?

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Sarr is good enough for L1. Not sure about the championship.
    Check out his Player Marks averages from this season, especially the second half of this season, if you want disabusing of this notion 
  • Options
    Every time I see Naby I think of the lovely Katrien Meire. So it a big fat yes from me. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    You won't get a 'proven' striker at this level for the wages (about £6k) Sarr has been on. 
    I thought Sarr was on nearer to double that!
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Hasn't he shown he is good enough?
  • Options
    Who'd have thought that, in 2020, we would lose both players who scored at Wembley in 2019? 
  • Options
    He's a good fit for us and importantly the manager wants him.

Notwithstanding any of that I don't see us being in a position to attract anyone significantly better with his versatility so 'better the devil you know.'
  • Options
    Sarr to me is an automatic pick if we go 3 at the back, probably less so if part of a 2, where a club like us probably needs out and out defenders

• Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Hi is more than good enough imo. Yes he has erratic moments but if he cut out all errors then he'd be playing for a top European side with the rest of his skill set. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    You won't get a 'proven' striker at this level for the wages (about £6k) Sarr has been on. 
    I thought Sarr was on nearer to double that!
    I think there was a lot of numbers banded around, however I think it was said by an ITK person on here he was our top earner on £6k pw... 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Who'd have thought that, in 2020, we would lose both players who scored at Wembley in 2019? 
    Eh? Three players scored at Wembley and nobody has left in 2020 yet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we had a bit of cash we'd need to invest in a CB alongside Lockyer. But I'd be happy with Sarr and Deji as the back up options for next season. Not quite sure Pearce is up it. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Eh? Three players scored at Wembley and nobody has left in 2020 yet. 
     Sure if you want to talk facts. 

19/20 Transfer Window - Bauer leaves

Sarr and Purrington still here.

Sarr could be gone, but Purrington is still in contract. 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:
    Hi is more than good enough imo. Yes he has erratic moments but if he cut out all errors then he'd be playing for a top European side with the rest of his skill set. 
    Really?? Lots of ifs there. Top european side have a word.

For the record I'm not anti Sarr. He has blinders but also has some shockers. On the left side of 3 CBs he is comfortable but when he was partnered Lockyer in a 2 instead of Pearce he was exposed.

Yes his distribution is good at times but he has no pace at all, isn't great in the air and gets bullied. Not sure any of that can be argued with. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:

For the record I'm not anti Sarr. He has blinders but also has some shockers. On the left side of 3 CBs he is comfortable but when he was partnered Lockyer in a 2 instead of Pearce he was exposed.

Yes his distribution is good at times but he has no pace at all, isn't great in the air and gets bullied. Not sure any of that can be argued with. 
    Apart from freezing against Millwall (and still getting fouled, but that's another argument ;) ), how many cast-iron shockers (as opposed to getting beaten by a good ball across, like last week) that have led to goals can you think of? 

I don't think he was exposed at all when partnered by Lockyer, that Millwall game aside. There was a game against Preston where he was subbed off because he did some ill-advised ball-juggling and had to take a yellow, but it was Pearce and his grubby hands that actually lost us that one
  • Options
    If we had a bit of cash we'd need to invest in a CB alongside Lockyer. But I'd be happy with Sarr and Deji as the back up options for next season. Not quite sure Pearce is up it. 
    That's the EFL Championship player of the month you are talking about...
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Purrington just called, he asked if he's dead to you? 
  • Options
    I'd pick Pearce over Deji all day long. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Would we wan't to give him a new contract even if we could ? 
    Bowyer says yes, so I say yes. 
    He’s hardly likely to say no before a game like tonight 
  • Options
    If we had this same team going into next season (minus the loans) I'd suggest:

Goalkeeper | Defence
    Leave alone apart from bringing in a backup Right-Back and Left-Back (as wouldnt see Page staying regardless)

Midfield
    Would bring McGeady back on a perm deal, try and get Field on loan again
    Cullen is the main replacement seeing he's been here for two years now
    Find someone to replace Conor Gallagher

Strikers:
    See if we can get Leko back
    Replace the judas of course with two other Strikers of similar style

Its frustrating we've been dealt this hand as apart from replacing the loan signings, Gallen's job should have been so much easier this term compared to the last two summers

Yes there are a few players out of contract or approaching their last year that need dealing with but certainly shouldnt have needed the recruitment drive we saw ahead of this season

Just need that little bit more quality in the team that can push us a bit further up the table each season before we can compete at the top of the League
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sarr could potentially be a regular in a side that does well in this league. In a better team he’d get on the ball more where he could use his passing ability and he wouldn’t be under as much pressure defensively.

I don’t see that potential with Pearce or Oshilaja. Lockyer possibly, but alongside Sarr you might want a more powerful CB who’s quicker and stronger in the air. Not saying Lockyer’s poor in those areas, but I don’t think a side chasing the top 6 will have him at the top of their shortlist.
  • Options
    I would. 
    Madness.

He's never been played in central midfield and so we've never seen the best in him.
  • Options
    The epitome of a cult player really, with his mixture of sublime moments - TAA or De Bruyne would be proud of his assist for Taylor at Forest or the similar pass to set up Bonne on Saturday - with some awful howlers
  • Options
    So would I actually, 9 times out of 10. But going forward I think Deji is a more valuable member of the squad. He's younger and offers versatility. I'd actually say he's better than RB and would have him and Matthews there next season. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:

Fair enough, maybe I was getting carried away but it depends on how you define errors i.e. lapse of concentration/poor positioning/decision making etc too. 

I do think he gets some unnecessary stick still but perhaps I'll rephrase 'Top European' to 'much higher level' if he didn't have those errors in him. 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:

Apart from freezing against Millwall (and still getting fouled, but that's another argument ;) ), how many cast-iron shockers (as opposed to getting beaten by a good ball across, like last week) that have led to goals can you think of? 

I don't think he was exposed at all when partnered by Lockyer, that Millwall game aside. There was a game against Preston where he was subbed off because he did some ill-advised ball-juggling and had to take a yellow, but it was Pearce and his grubby hands that actually lost us that one
    Wigan on Saturday was a shocker, he was 5 yards behind Pearce and Lockyer, had he been up with them as he absolutely should have then that ball was cut out. No excuse for that.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Leuth said:
    ChiAddick said:
    IanJRO said:
    ChiAddick said:

Wigan on Saturday was a shocker, he was 5 yards behind Pearce and Lockyer, had he been up with them as he absolutely should have then that ball was cut out. No excuse for that.
    Agreed, it's not just his obvious mistakes that let him down. His positioning is suspect at times. He just had so many lapses in concentration which led to such inconsistency. When he's on form though he's a mid-table Championship CB easily.