Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation/Survival day updates

12346»

Comments

• Options
    It’s done unless Sheffield We’d get clobbered.
    Given the amount of shit the EFL have had to deal with regarding us it wouldn't surprise me if us going down is a win for them and they decide to punish Wednesday next season because of it. 
  • Options
    I think the relegation has more than a sence of reality tied to it. 

Staying up would of been a short term happiness 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Oh well, weirdly there are bigger things to worry about then being in League 1
    In footballing terms for Charlton there really isn't.

With everything going on behind the scenes we'll be lucky to exist in the not too distant future.
    I was resigned to being relegated through non footballing reasons anyway, so this footballing wise is bad, but it is likely to get a lot worse before it might get better 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Yeah I’m not sure I can do much more of it. Depressed ain’t the word for it. 
    My sentiments too! 

One step forward, 2 steps back in every sense of the word with Charlton! 

League one, with a team who don’t look like threatening for promotion for the next few years is timid and agonising! 

Ironically , we’ve been fucked again in the last few minutes! 
    Makes the ownership struggles a win win! We cease to exist and at least my house is safe from getting another kicking.
  • Options
    2 90+ minute winners for Barnsley against Forest and Brentford save them
    Ridiculous turnaround for them really, to do it 2 matches running. 

And if WBA had been 3-0 up, Brentford wouldn't have pushed for the win so much
  • Options
    To be honest I'm not sure if we'd finished 4th that I wouldnt have trusted the efl not move Wigans 12 points deduction to next season... And then we're down... Rather this way than an agonising weeks wait...

As for Sheffield....give that up me thinks. 

As for us we need a miracle off the pitch to just be competitive in league one but I think LB will be gone and who can blame him. 
  • Options
    Yes and in all honesty we should have been safe
    two Games ago.
    we were let down by a scum Bag , who let his Team Mates down, Lee Bowyer Down, and the Fans down.
    and we all know who I am talking about.....Taylor the Twat !!!
  • Options
    When you look at tonight yes dogshit,  when you look at the season as a whole upubjave say we have been unlucky 
  • Options
    Birmingham finish on 50 points. If we had held on, they would be relegated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the Sheffield Wednesday thing Bollocks or true ???? 
  • Options
    Nah Barnsley would have been, Birmingham would have survived because of the Wigan points deduction
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    A lot of people let us down, and the ones that stood up to be counted just didn't quite have enough.

Let down by the chancers and absolute circus of an ownership, let down by the players who didn't want to come back and risk anything when we needed them, let down by the EFL for being a voyeur throughout the entire situation. You could even say Chelsea stuck a little dagger in as well by reneging on Gallacher's season long loan.

Can't fault the players that stuck it out, the fans or Bowyer and his team... we just didn't have enough.

Huge task to be able to put out any semblance of our previous League 1 team next season, it all depends on our ownership situation but I don't see us playing at this level for quite some time - the rebuild we've got to go on is top to bottom as enormous a task as I've seen in my time as a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    A lot of people let us down, and the ones that stood up to be counted just didn't quite have enough.

Let down by the chancers and absolute circus of an ownership, let down by the players who didn't want to come back and risk anything when we needed them, let down by the EFL for being a voyeur throughout the entire situation. You could even say Chelsea stuck a little dagger in as well by reneging on Gallacher's season long loan.

Can't fault the players that stuck it out, the fans or Bowyer and his team... we just didn't have enough.

Huge task to be able to put out any semblance of our previous League 1 team next season, it all depends on our ownership situation but I don't see us playing at this level for quite some time - the rebuild we've got to go on is top to bottom as enormous a task as I've seen in my time as a Charlton fan.
    Include that Scumbag Taylor and you are 100%
    Correct with your assessment 👍👍🍷🍷
  • Options
    Fucking Barnsley manager with fake tears on SkySports news saying this is such a special moment 

Fuck off mate, don't act like it means anything to you, you had probably never even heard of Barnsley before you took over.

Its just a job to you 
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Is the Sheffield Wednesday thing Bollocks or true ???? 
    For all thatll happen, it may as well be bollocks 
  • Options
    Nah Barnsley would have been, Birmingham would have survived because of the Wigan points deduction
    Barnsley got 49 points. 

If Birmingham hadn't scored late v us, they'd have 48.
  • Options
    Barnsley got 49 points. 

If Birmingham hadn't scored late v us, they'd have 48.
    Of course they would sorry
  • Options
    Birmingham would have 49, they only got one point against us.