Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Farewell to the following

Comments

• Options
    We'll always have that day in May last year, that was an unbelievable experience and thanks to all those that played their part especially LB. Wish him nothing but the best in his future career, been a beacon of light for us in these darkest years. 

All I can hope is that as with the last relegation following a play off final victory over Sunderland we can come back stronger. That will be the hardest job for all those that take it on but who knows? Right now I can't see it happening and if we have any club in any form at all it's a positive. 
  • Options
    League One doesnt overly scare me - Bolton put up a good fight and may well have gotten close to surviving had the season completed

We're going into next season with a better squad than what they started with, whilst it'll be a miracle if we challenge towards the top I dont think we'll be worrying about another relegation scrap next year
    Erm erm erm....I really lost you on the point where we will have a better squad...we won’t have a squad if we are still embargoed...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    League One doesnt overly scare me - Bolton put up a good fight and may well have gotten close to surviving had the season completed

We're going into next season with a better squad than what they started with, whilst it'll be a miracle if we challenge towards the top I dont think we'll be worrying about another relegation scrap next year
    Erm erm erm....I really lost you on the point where we will have a better squad...we won’t have a squad if we are still embargoed...
    Of course we will, we've still players under Contract havent we...

Phillips | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington | Morgan | Lapslie | Pratley | Doughty | Bonne | Aneke | Oztumer | Davison

Yes I'd expect the sellable players to go: Phillips | Morgan | Doughty | Bonne

But thats still more experienced than what Bolton started with, and they started under an embargo themselves
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think that's his point, Bolton had to play their kids as well. At least thanks to the nightmare injury crisis mid season, some of ours have already had first team starts.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Bowyer will take Jackson and Marshall with him to Birmingham, I reckon.
    Bowyer won't go to Birmingham. Why would he leave the madhouse here for a club only 2 points better off, that's barely any better

A tiny chance he'll stay (say 5%), but more likely he'll just resign and wait for a better opportunity (and take a much needed break)
  • Options
    We're in a worse state than when we were relegated in 2016 and we were in a terrible way then.

If we're even able to compete next season, avoiding relegation to League Two will be a reality.
    Last time we went down we were able to sell the likes of Pope | Gudmundsson | Cousins even Henderson

We then got £11m for Lookman and £1m (?) for Fox a few months later

Roland still had his teeth in the club and Meire was still around but feel we're much worse off this time
    We had a much higher wage bill back then, full of Driesen flops

At least this time we don't have any expensive flops on long contracts that we're stuck with
  • Options
    Ben Ransom-sky
    No doubt Lee Bowyer has done a great job, I suspect that he’ll be finalising the Birmingham job within a matter of days and that’s the last we’ll see of him. The compensation will pay wages for another 2 months and then we’ll see what the EFL say about the ‘investigation’ #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Phillips | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington | Morgan | Lapslie | Pratley | Doughty | Bonne | Aneke | Oztumer | Davison

But thats still more experienced than what Bolton started with, and they started under an embargo themselves
    And Oshilaja

Not sure how the embargo works with contract options. If Dillon goes, then Amos would be a decent number 1 for example
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Ben Ransom-sky
    No doubt Lee Bowyer has done a great job, I suspect that he’ll be finalising the Birmingham job within a matter of days and that’s the last we’ll see of him. The compensation will pay wages for another 2 months and then we’ll see what the EFL say about the ‘investigation’ #cafc
    Hope he resigns 1st then the club won’t get fuck all...or at least it won’t go in any of the thieving c***s pockets...!!
  • Options
    We really do have the feel of a club that needs to go away and start again from scratch. Top to bottom.
    The championship is not the place to be doing that
    Yep. Today felt kind of irrelevant. I don’t think it really matters what division we’re in next season, until this absolute mess of an ownership issue is sorted out any modicum of against the odds success the players and coaching staff manage to pull off will be built on sand. 

Only one thing matters getting ESI and Roland out of our club and owners who want to run a competitive football club in. 
  • Options
    In the words of the famous Scottish Prophet..." We're Doomed I tell you!".
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Players I would be gutted to see leave:

Phillips
    Doughty
    Morgan

Not that bothered about any others tbh. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Bowyer will take Jackson and Marshall with him to Birmingham, I reckon.
    Bowyer won't go to Birmingham. Why would he leave the madhouse here for a club only 2 points better off, that's barely any better

A tiny chance he'll stay (say 5%), but more likely he'll just resign and wait for a better opportunity (and take a much needed break)
    Haven't they sorted their finance issues out now?

Also they just sold Bellingham for 25-30m, so even if they give a new manager half of that, it's a decent sum to spend in a post-Covid world.
  • Options

So if the 4 players you've said are sold, we'd be left with 8 players + kids. We'd be facing a relegation battle.

Not to mention we may even go into admin and get -12.
  • Options
    What a dumb fucking clause that is, fuck sake
  • Options
    Well that was a smart move by whoever signed it off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Only way we maybe could of signed him last summer. 
  • Options
    If it wasnt our club it would be laughable. Can we get any more of a joke?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    CAFCOlly said:

To be honest he's not been up to championship quality this season ? Far too many mistakes in him
    Will there be that many championship clubs interested??
    But let's be honest has any of the squad been good enough??
    Only dillion
    Really? I think he’s our best CB, highly doubt we’ll be able to sign anyone better.

Actually, I highly doubt we’ll be able to sign anyone.
    Our best CB is not really saying much though, is it
  • Options
    Oh great, that's all we need.
  • Options
    Please can the last one leaving turn out the lights. Thank you.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Only way we maybe could of signed him last summer. 
    Release clause... yeah i get, but for free ? 
  • Options
    You gotta laugh.

If you don’t laugh, you’d cry.