Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Farewell to the following

13»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCOlly said:

To be honest he's not been up to championship quality this season ? Far too many mistakes in him
    Will there be that many championship clubs interested??
    But let's be honest has any of the squad been good enough??
    Only dillion
    Or would he do well in a stronger side where he isn’t constantly under pressure? Hudson was ok for us but did well in the Championship after leaving.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCOlly said:

To be honest he's not been up to championship quality this season ? Far too many mistakes in him
    Only dillion
    Really? I think he’s our best CB, highly doubt we’ll be able to sign anyone better.

Actually, I highly doubt we’ll be able to sign anyone.
    Our best CB is not really saying much though, is it
    Well it’s saying that we have got, and won’t be getting, better.
  • Options
    Who are the CBs in the youth team? At the moment they're starting our first league one match!
  • Options
    Think we better get down to Sparrows Lane tomorrow for trials🤣
    We don't own the training ground, so it's going to be Charlton & Danson Parks. 
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:

Only dillion
    Be good for us then in div 3 then...(would have)
  • Options
    Whats the chances PV has contacted LB and suggested that he hold on for a short while?
  • Options
    Deji and Pearce isn’t a weak CB partnership at League 1 level. The midfield is way more concerning 
    Pratley, Morgan, Lapslie, Oztumer. Inspiring.
  • Options
    Deji and Pearce isn’t a weak CB partnership at League 1 level. The midfield is way more concerning 
    Also got Aneke who can play CAM - If he bullied Championship teams he'll give League One teams nightmares

Could be a real opportunity for Davison too, he could thrive at this level and get the goals that turn him into a real confidence player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whats the chances PV has contacted LB and suggested that he hold on for a short while?

low
  • Options
    Isn't Doughty out of contract?
  • Options
    What a dumb fucking clause that is, fuck sake
    Those are the sort of measures required when recruiting on a low budget.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    McGeady won't be back. 
    There's always a silver lining :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Currently still in contract starting 11 for next season:

Phillips
    Deji Lockyer Pearce Purrington
             Pratley  Morgan
    Oztumer  Aneke     Doughty
                   Bonne

BENCH: Davison, AMB, Lapslie, Wiredu and some other kids

That starting 11 isnt horrendous at league one level, however i expect Phillips, Morgan, Doughty and Bonne all to be sold and suddenly we are really staring down the barrell of successive relegations, with no ability to recruit during our embargo.

Fucking grim. ESI must be held to account for this shitshow.
  • Options
    Hope this Inspiring fella is tall enough....
    Someone Driesen spotted playing in the Albanian second division, exciting Italian winger Gabrielli Inspiring
  • Options
    Currently still in contract starting 11 for next season:

Phillips
    Deji Lockyer Pearce Purrington
             Pratley  Morgan
    Oztumer  Aneke     Doughty
                   Bonne

BENCH: Davison, AMB, Lapslie, Wiredu and some other kids

That starting 11 isnt horrendous at league one level, however i expect Phillips, Morgan, Doughty and Bonne all to be sold and suddenly we are really staring down the barrell of successive relegations, with no ability to recruit during our embargo.

Fucking grim. ESI must be held to account for this shitshow.
    The base of that would actually save us from relegation next season (although Pratley is like what? 56?)

But you are absolutely right if Phillips, Morgan, Bonne, Deji get sold we are in deep doodle. 

If nothing changes LB and most of the staff will likely go to Birmingham, and you can't blame them. 
  • Options
    Watched a lot of league one football this year and I will definitely say that team would do well - would be very competitive at least for a play-off spot, particularly because there will be many competitive teams due to the fall-out from lockdown.

As others have said, the problem is that team will probably not still be here come the start of the season.
  • Options
    Watched a lot of league one football this year and I will definitely say that team would do well - would be very competitive at least for a play-off spot, particularly because there will be many competitive teams due to the fall-out from lockdown.

As others have said, the problem is that team will probably not still be here come the start of the season.
    It's hard to predict, as the finances of football are terrible across the board in L1 and L2, so it's not as if most of the other sides will be flush with cash either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Bowyer - you’ve been a real gem and I wish you well
    Cullen - see above
    Dillon - see above
    Alfie - go and have a great career young man
    Field - enjoy being away from our cancer club
    Greene - good luck elsewhere

JJ - if ever we needed a hero it’s right now. We really need you to stay you absolute legend.

Anyone else off?
    Every player that’s out of contract.
    And probably quite a few still in contract.

It'll be like Woolworth's closing down sale: everything must go.
    Matt Southall out the back, syphoning off job lots of past-their-sell-by-date Aiden Mcgeadys. 
  • Options
    Hope this Inspiring fella is tall enough....
    Someone Driesen spotted playing in the Albanian second division, exciting Italian winger Gabrielli Inspiring
    Is he ready to rise again?
  • Options
    8 teams with a worse goals against record than us, only one with a worse goals for record. Suggests defence has not been our problem, and Lockyer has been a virtual ever present. Yes he's made few errors, but every defender does. Think he's been decent overall and young enough to improve. I will be disappointed if he does leave. Apart from anything else, we need some bloody stability - this constant squad rebuilding is not sustainable.
  • Options
    This is the list I'd like to see depart this summer:

Southall
    Nimer/Nemer/Nemo/Nimmo/whatever
    Farnell
    Elliott
    Florica
    Mihail
    Anyone else connected to the above

As for the players, I fear we may lose quite a few and not just those out of contract at the end of this season.

Regardless of how much they love Charlton and the fans, they know what a shit-storm it is behind the scenes and may want to go somewhere else for the sake of their own sanity.

If Lord Bowyer decides to the pull the pin on his time in charge (please God, no!) the major attraction for a number of players will be gone and they'd be looking to move.

My guess is we'll be left with Pratters, possibly Pearce and Purrington, and a group of U23s that haven't featured in the first team on a regular basis.

Division Three is going to be a bundle of laughs next season :(