Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott statement

Comments

• Options
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
        Paul Elliot is not a grifter.
        He owns hundreds of serious commercial 
        Properties all over the Northwest of the UK.
        I would be totally amazed if he is not Legit !
    Grifter or not, why would a property man from Manchester buy a London football club, have to show proof of funds for circa £20m and also sign up to pay RD £50m in a little over 4 years? 
        He is London born 
        Some of His business interests are in the north
         West.
        If I could afford to put Charlton back on the map
        And back in the premiership one day  I would.
        He certainly could  with his contacts.

If I am wrong I am certain many on this forum will
        Delight in pointing their fingers and slaughtering    
        Me.

I honestly think Paul Elliot needs a chance 
       To prove his integrity not just from the Charlton
       Faithful but the inept EFL also.

If Paul Elliot so good with property / business why is he involving himself with the dodgy overpriced Duchatelet/  ESI sale & Separation of assets? Whats in it for him ? Are the wages Paid a loan with expectation that players will be sold ? Is there another property play planned ? 
        Why do people want to buy a football
        Club?
        and why not buy a London Club with Huge future
        Potential and a fantastic past history and great fan base.
        Why do several other business related supporters 
         also want to save our club?
        I would have thought the answer was bloody 
        Obvious.
        And just because Roland was a rottin egg and 
        Mouthall -Southall is a lying scumbag with zero 
        Integrity does not mean everyone who wants to Save this club is the same....none of us with ever move forward wallowing in Negativity !!
    You are avoiding the questions that I, and others, asked ...  where are the links and the proof?

If you can’t back up your statements, why should we take you seriously?

As a reminder you stated:
    Where have you been looking ?
        Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?
        No you got this all wrong.‘

So tell us where to look. 
    Ok it seems we should all just give up on our club
    and wallow in self pity and negativity.???

i personally do not know Paul Elliot that well at all.
    a close friend of mine knows him very very well,
    and I am told he is the real deal.
    i personally do not give a toss what anybody thinks
    but I trust my friend who knows Paul Elliot.

i also love Charlton Athletic, and highly respect Lee Bowyer, JJ, and the players who wanted to play and put the shirt on.
    i want my football club to move forward and I will not be sucked into negativity and scepticism.
     Are you friends with Chris Farnell?
    He is CF , opened an account on message boards of all clubs in the last few years cos he knows he’ll be involved with em all at some point in time 
        😂😂😂😂😂
        I am not CF 
        I am Greenwich Born, from a working class 
        Background, was brought up in the Charlton 
        Lee Green/ Grove park area of SE London.
        My Grandmothers house where I first lived is on 
        Wolf Crescent,  walking distance from the Valley.
        I am a Third Generation CAFC supporter and my
        Son is a forth we are also season ticket holders.
        My Grandfather help build the Valley.
        I love this Club and Respect Lee Bowyer and JJ
        I also think apart from the Arseholes who have
        Damaged this club for their own financial greed
        The EFL also have a lot to answer for.
        All I want is to see stability and success at this
        Wonderful historic Football Club.
        Believe me I am CF 😂😂

Even your not sure if your Farnell or not!! ;)
        I am certain who I am ....... are you ?? 😂😂
    I get baffled very easily at times so even I dont know who I am ;)
  • Options
    But that won't happen will it? They can't plod along without satisfying the tests. We have been warned by the EFL. The tests need to be satisfied quickly and until they are we are potentially in grave danger.
     Yes they can. See ESI mark 1. As long as they are paying the wages and staving off admin they can keep this up for a fair while yet. 
    Unless the EFL grow a pair of bollocks.
  • Options
    But that won't happen will it? They can't plod along without satisfying the tests. We have been warned by the EFL. The tests need to be satisfied quickly and until they are we are potentially in grave danger.
     Yes they can. See ESI mark 1. As long as they are paying the wages and staving off admin they can keep this up for a fair while yet. 
    And what happens in a few weeks when the fixtures are being drawn up for next season when they have still not provided the required information? Do you think the EFL will be putting CAFC in the fixture list ??? No is the answer I think
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words
    All the best grifters have the likeability factor. That’s not to say he *is* a grifter, but the fact than he can charm people does not prove he’s legit, unfortunately. I wish it did.
    Grifter or not, why would a property man from Manchester buy a London football club, have to show proof of funds for circa £20m and also sign up to pay RD £50m in a little over 4 years? 
        He is London born 
         West.

Me.

If Paul Elliot so good with property / business why is he involving himself with the dodgy overpriced Duchatelet/  ESI sale & Separation of assets? Whats in it for him ? Are the wages Paid a loan with expectation that players will be sold ? Is there another property play planned ? 
        Club?
        Obvious.
        Integrity does not mean everyone who wants to Save this club is the same....none of us with ever move forward wallowing in Negativity !!
    You are avoiding the questions that I, and others, asked ...  where are the links and the proof?

Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?

i also love Charlton Athletic, and highly respect Lee Bowyer, JJ, and the players who wanted to play and put the shirt on.
    i want my football club to move forward and I will not be sucked into negativity and scepticism.
    He is CF , opened an account on message boards of all clubs in the last few years cos he knows he’ll be involved with em all at some point in time 
        😂😂😂😂😂
        I am not CF 
        Believe me I am CF 😂😂

Even your not sure if your Farnell or not!! ;)
        I am certain who I am ....... are you ?? 😂😂
    I get baffled very easily at times so even I dont know who I am ;)
    👍👍👍😂😂😂😂🍺
  • Options
    I think we need to ask why they have not completed the purchase of ESI and Elliott hasn't become a director of CAFC, or even ESI, if he and Farnell are confident about receiving EFL approval. They have said that it's to comply with EFL rules (and the current directors are already in breach of those rules), but if the club is knowingly trading insolvently the directors of CAFC will potentially be exposed to the risk of criminal prosecution.
    Which is very telling. We do need to ask why and we need to ask now.
  • Options
    Why doesn't he just give it to the EFL and miss us out?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

He is London born 
         West.

Me.

Club?
        Obvious.

Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?

Why did he originally tell us that he had bought the club and then we found out that it was dependent on other matters and that the sale hadn't actually taken place?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

He is London born 
         West.

Me.

Club?
        Obvious.

Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?

Why did he originally tell us that he had bought the club and then we found out that it was dependent on other matters and that the sale hadn't actually taken place?
    There is a pattern here isn't there. I mean being told one thing and finding out another.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do not under estimate the EFL's penchant for giving the crooks, fakes and gangsters every opportunity to get a foothold in the game.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

He is London born 
         West.

Me.

Club?
        Obvious.

Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?

Hi mate, all CAFC fans would dearly love Paul Elliot to be our saviour.
    So please ask your close friend to provide you with the necessary information demonstrating that Elliot has in excess of £20M to spend on CAFC in the next 18 months, as this is what the EFL are asking for.
    We'll await the evidence & until then there is no point in saying any more.
        👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    The EFL is not a huge organisation in terms of personnel, I would not be at all surprised if one or two key people there are, ahem, 'susceptible'.
  • Options
    Do not under estimate the EFL's penchant for giving the crooks, fakes and gangsters every opportunity to get a foothold in the game.
    I think this is a key point that probably gets overlooked.

I think the EFL know only too well that the business models for the majority of their member clubs is so completely fucked (Prick Arry has said so himself) that the only people now prepared to get involved and underwrite the horrific loses that clubs make are the wide boys, chancers, crooks and charlatans - even if this funding is only on a temporary basis until the money runs out and the club gets handed over to the next set of shysters.

They have no real power to force clubs to be run on a more sound commercial footing, so the can just gets kicked down the road and the gravy train rumbles on. 

Their concern is to keep the league going. I don't think they really care too much which particular shitbags are running which clubs, as long as they can pass their weak as piss tests and they can tick a box.

Our lot are so special they can't even do that!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    What I don't underestimate, and Bury taught me that, is the EFLs happiness to let one of its member clubs fall under a bus. It could have done more, like giving Bury a season to sort themselves out and joining League 2 if they could manage it. Total heartless intransigence.
  • Options
    What I don't underestimate, and Bury taught me that, is the EFLs happiness to let one of its member clubs fall under a bus. It could have done more, like giving Bury a season to sort themselves out and joining League 2 if they could manage it. Total heartless intransigence.
     The EFL need to have 100% more transparency than they do now.

Secret squirrel talks with sham owners pretending to run clubs thay have no right to run has to stop.

Any takeover should be subject to both parties keeping supporters groups in the loop at all times. They should be part of the process.
     Emotional investors should also have a place at the negotiating table in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    That is something the EFL certainly lacks. With people like Rick Parry in charge, how do you expect any care and consideration for the fans. We have lost the game to these bastards haven't we?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    There is no next six weeks.
    There is no 'the next two weeks will be crucial'.
    There is no give it time, wait for answers, see what happens.

There is the next couple of days.

We need
    A) The Farnell File tidy and in order, to show to anybody and everybody including the EFL, the FA, the Inland Revenue, the Law Society, politicians and the media.
    B)The EFL to decide something with regards to Elliott.
    C) If nothing before then, then a presence however meek and thinly attended at the EFL HQ in London on Thursday.
    The problem is your point B. The EFL.just seem to refuse to put a time limit on it. There should be a mandatory set number of days in which you need to submit certain documents & then pass their tests. If you dont then you fail. 

14 days in which to submit initial docs......then 7 for any follow up ones. Pass the test within the next 7 days.
  • Options
    Point B leads on to point C.
    Very probably futile, but if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.
  • Options
    The issue is, you don't need to pass the EFL rules to run a business. You need to pass them if you want to compete in their competitions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

We need
    A) The Farnell File tidy and in order, to show to anybody and everybody including the EFL, the FA, the Inland Revenue, the Law Society, politicians and the media.
    C) If nothing before then, then a presence however meek and thinly attended at the EFL HQ in London on Thursday.
    The problem is your point B. The EFL.just seem to refuse to put a time limit on it. There should be a mandatory set number of days in which you need to submit certain documents & then pass their tests. If you dont then you fail. 

14 days in which to submit initial docs......then 7 for any follow up ones. Pass the test within the next 7 days.
    Disagree. It should be done before you can buy a club and a bond needs to be posted.

All the above need to be the Law in this Country.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I totally get where you are coming from & agree to a point. I can only assume that he is either telling the truth.......or has a brass neck & very thick skin.

Mmmm.......aren’t you forgetting he was/is an estate agent! 🥴
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    seth plum said:

We need

Disagree. It should be done before you can buy a club and a bond needs to be posted.

All the above need to be the Law in this Country.
    I don't disagree........but first things first. The EFL is a dinosaur so small steps 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Point B leads on to point C.
    Very probably futile, but if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.
    If we get to point C then I think in the circumstances a "meek and thinly attended" protest outside the EFL in London is exactly what is needed - although I would prefer to describe it as "calmly resolute and covid-compliant" - the pavement there is not wide, and a larger group might well be dispersed by the police for obstructing the footpath if people cannot pass at a reasonable social distance, should the EFL decide to call them.  A dignified picket of 2 or 3 at a time should be ample to make the point.

Even better if, as suggested in @razil 's thread https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/89541/protest-ideas-ground-vigil-e-mails-to-efl-etc/p1 the protest can be repeated daily.  I do think at the moment the EFL is a better target than The Valley, especially since news of the emails blizzard will hopefully have spread round their building by Thur.  

There was an earlier discussion of protesting outside the UAE Embassy, in which several lifers expressed interest in participating (provided there were nearby loos!)  Perhaps they would be interested in joining you at the EFL instead?  Surely worth a PM, @seth plum?  Now the pubs have reopened, hopefully the loo problem has a solution!!  
    https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/88864/planning-ahead-uae-repercussions/p1
  • Options
    I suggested to Razil the EFL might be a better target for protest.

Not sure if I'm brave enough yet to risk going on public transport for a Thursday protest. I'm somewhat vulnerable with mild to moderate emphysema.

Very frustrating 😡. I really believe we could be near the end game. A London EFL protest with press alerted is the only action left I can think of.

Also out of desperation I e-mailed my MP James Brokenshire reminding him in simple terms the big trouble cafc is in.
    Asking him to support 

1) The Wigan parliamentary  petition that has over 14700 signature's, asking for a review of the EFL's Owners & Directors test.

2) " A way forward for Football " by Damian Collins MP & Charlie Methven co- owner of Sunderland FC.
  • Options
    Speaking as a newbie that has only joined since ESI arrived on the scene I hope it’s all just banter against 1968CAFC. If the Lee Green exile was CF his early posts show that he knew even more about Charlton than where Makro’s car park is.

And before I get dug out - yes I was taken in with the initial hype - yes I loathe all of the shady characters that now seem associated with the club.

It’s nice to see some positivity even if I don’t share it re getting ESI fit and proper (or whatever the correct term now is) and source and sustainability of funds signed off.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    1968CAFC said:
    stonemuse said:
    1968CAFC said:
    vff said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

He is London born 
         West.

Me.

Club?
        Obvious.

Only 1 properly?
        and a Bridging Loan?

😂😂😂😂😂
        I am not CF 
        Believe me I am CF 😂😂

I'll handle this one guys.

Where did you used to get your aniseed twists from during your time in the Grove Park area mate?
    And was the owner a bit of an exhibitionist 😉. I owe you an apology for incorrectly mentioning not so up market Hither Green the other day 😧.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Off_it said:
    1968CAFC said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.
        Absolutely correct,
        I appreciate and understand why there are so
        Many negative comments after what Roland Rat, 
        And slimy RAT face Southall / ESI have done.
        I think Elliot could well be the real deal, providing 
        The EFL Dickheads can make a sensible decision    
        Between them.
    Out of interest, what is it that makes you think Elliot could be the real deal? 

What has he actually done so far, or what is it about his past, that gives you that impression?
        Paul Elliot is a very respectable and educated
        Business man.
        He is not a get rich quick crooked scumbag from
        The seedy part of Blackburn.
        Paul Elliot could Buy/sell and dissolve that 
        Horrible suntanned Twat in 10 minutes.

Have you got the right Paul Elliott? Its not the one who used to play for us you do know that don't you?