Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew comments on BBC London

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]marvin p gay jnr.

Correct. Changed his name from Marvin Gay to Marvin Gaye. must have been a busy day.
  • Options
    Marvin Pentz Gay, Jr
  • Options
    Isn't google a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    Takes me back to an early episode of The Office where David Brent keeps trying to show off to the young temp who'd been on Blockbusters by running into his office reading his encyclopedia then running back with useless information only to be bettered time and time again...Classic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Isn't google a wonderful thing.

my dear old Dad is much better. who says old people are useless. *ducks* ; 0 )
  • Options
    Pard's was just on SSN saying that , theres a couple of areas which are still to be covered. Also said that most of the Darren Bent money will got to softening the blow of relegation. Said a little bit about the new players we have got, but because this is Charlton, they had to cut the interview half way through to talk about the cricket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Isn't google a wonderful thing.

Its great. But Wikipedia is far better ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Heard it on the grapevine.

Classic song OR over-played Capital gold pap.

Good old Marvin Gaye. Actually I prefer the version by Creedance Clearwater Revival.

".....and I'm just about to lose my mind honey honey yeah!"
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It's only the grapevine i'm afraid but ive been told Pards is trying to thrash something out with Alex.

Me and Pards. We've got it sorted. Marvin up front :-)
  • Options
    has anybody seen or heard full interview? on other sites it's being claimed that 2 players coming in may rise if others leave but i haven't heard this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Good old Marvin Gaye. Actually I prefer the version by Creedance Clearwater Revival.

".....and I'm just about to lose my mind honey honey yeah!"

I agree. the CCR version is great.
  • Options
    I heard a fuller version that was replayed on BBC Radio London this evening on the way home. He actually said that he wanted to bring in another couple to add to WHAT HE HAS GOT, a central midfielder and "although this may surprise some Charlton fans" another striker. He added that there are likely to be another 3 who go and 2-3 of our younger players may go out on loan.

He said that he is happy about the goalkeeping situation now, that the defence was really strong, the wide areas were really strong and that he wanted to add to mid and forward areas as per above.

So, by my reckoning of those that we may have expected rather than wanted to go in all cases are: Faye, Rommedahl, Young, Diawara, Thomas and M Bent only 3 may be on their way. So, if Pards genuinely only wants one centre mid, I would have thought that Faye stays. Romm will go if anybody is willing to take him, Young may stay due to his medical problem which will possibly see him fail yet another medical, but I think he'll be snapped up and one more striker in, M Bent out I reckon as the guy needs a fresh start.

If we go into this season with:

Weaver
    Randolph

Moutouakil
    Gibbs
    Powell
    Thatcher
    Samedo
    Diawara
    McCarthy
    Bougherra
    Fortune
    Sankofa

Reid
    Holland
    Ambrose
    Thomas
    Christiansen
    Faye
    Sam
    AN Other

Todorov
    Varney
    Iwelumo
    Dickson
    A N Other

I think we could be in for a great season!
  • Options
    Midfield still looks scarily light to me. Faye is the only ball winner in there at the moment, and that's not saying much, so a lot of pressure on Mr AN Other. Oh, and mustn't forget Simon Walton...

50 odd games, often plaing midweek, injuries, suspensions - it's a key area to strengthen.
  • Options
    Oh, and I don't think either Jody Morris or Alex Song is the answer - at least, I hope not. (Song maybe as a squad player, but found out too easily.)
  • Options
    think you greatly underestimate Song, Weegie. If we did get him he will be a revalation this year.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

Quick quiz: What was Marvin Gaye's real name?

Marvin Gay
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Correct. And I bet you didn't have to look that up either.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]

Correct. And I bet you didn't have to look that up either.

No I didn't ... strange that ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]think you greatly underestimate Song, Weegie. If we did get him he will be a revalation this year.

I've said it before, AFKA - he may have lots of talent, but I'm afraid he's just too slow. His poor games in the Prem came after he got found out and closed down more. That will happen all the time in the CCC. Another of the instances where I'll be more than delighted to be proved wrong...
  • Options
    I think the reason he got closed down was because the rest of our midfield ran away from him when he had the ball. There were lots of times when Song had the ball and everything was in front of him or behind him, with no option to release the ball. Then he ended up getting caught on the ball.

I think Song next to Andy Reid in central midfield would be an excellent partnership because both like to get on the ball, and have the ability to pick a pass. Then you have the tackling from Song which I think he showed he was capable of, and you could get the goals from Reid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Reid would prefer to play in the middle and he has the heart, but he does give a good balance to the side playing on the left in a Graham Stuart sort of way as in a central midfield player playing wide. He only uses his right foot for standing on and that's such a shame as he could be a bit one-dimensinal in the middle.

Holland and Song or Walton in the middle would be solid, if unspectacular allowing the wide players to push on and create.