Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• Options
    How many has he scored in the other games? 

Getting a goal in a 4-0 hiding is like praising Stockley for scoring a penalty. Meaningless.
    A goal is a fucking goal... Its genuinely pathetic how people (YOU) are desperate to discredit someone just because they think one goal compared to another is "meaningless" - Especially when the likes of Schwarz was slaughtered on here for such a "meaningless" penalty miss against Oxford
    No, I'm saying that if Washington was in our squad right now we would still be crying out for a striker. 

He doesn't fit the style, he doesn't fit the formation and he doesn't fit as a lone striker. 

If he fancies turning himself into a winger then sure thing but even then we need to look at the 0 assists he provides. 
    You’re right. That’s not, however, what you initially said at all. 

Getting a goal in a 4-0 hiding is like praising Stockley for scoring a penalty. Meaningless.
    A goal is a fucking goal... Its genuinely pathetic how people (YOU) are desperate to discredit someone just because they think one goal compared to another is "meaningless" - Especially when the likes of Schwarz was slaughtered on here for such a "meaningless" penalty miss against Oxford
    No, I'm saying that if Washington was in our squad right now we would still be crying out for a striker. 

He doesn't fit the style, he doesn't fit the formation and he doesn't fit as a lone striker. 

If he fancies turning himself into a winger then sure thing but even then we need to look at the 0 assists he provides. 
    "Anyone wanting Washington back and thinking he's the answer clearly didn't watch last season. 

We need a striker that can score and finish off chances in the box. Washington isn't that. "

Is what I initially said. 
    "Getting a goal in a 4-0 hiding is like praising Stockley for scoring a penalty. Meaningless."

Is what you said though... No?

And its that comment that I was replying to
    If the only goal Washington scores is in a 4-0 hammering of a team, I wouldn't regard that as of the same importance as a 1-0 winner would. 

If that's the only game he scores in, it points to him being unable to get into goalscoring opportunities, or finishing them off. 
    If Rotherham survive by a single goal, or end up in the Play-Offs by a single goal.

Does that make Washington's goal less or more important than a 1-0 win?
  • Options

"Anyone wanting Washington back and thinking he's the answer clearly didn't watch last season. 

We need a striker that can score and finish off chances in the box. Washington isn't that. "

"Getting a goal in a 4-0 hiding is like praising Stockley for scoring a penalty. Meaningless."

If the only goal Washington scores is in a 4-0 hammering of a team, I wouldn't regard that as of the same importance as a 1-0 winner would. 

If that's the only game he scores in, it points to him being unable to get into goalscoring opportunities, or finishing them off. 
    If Rotherham survive by a single goal, or end up in the Play-Offs by a single goal.

Does it make him a good striker if the only goal he is capable of scoring is in a rout of another team? 

I would love to see Washington's XG this season compared to his final tally. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Started every match for a team that’s 5th in the Championship. 
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

There's no denying Rotherham are doing very well.
    Also, they've had a really easy start.
    Like thrashing the team top of the league? 
    Yes, Reading, another team that have had a really easy start.

Blackpool 1 Reading 0
    Reading 2 Cardiff 1
    Reading 1 Stevenage 2 (cup)
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Reading 3 Blackburn 0
    Reading 1 Middlesbrough 0
    Millwall 0 Reading 1
    It’s so competitive I just don’t see it that clubs have “easy starts”. Besides, Blackburn, Boro and Millwall finished 7th, 8th and 9th last season. I think there’s a case that they’ve lost the easier two. 
    13th, 14th, 5th, 8th, 18th, 16th this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Does it make him a good striker if the only goal he is capable of scoring is in a rout of another team? 

I would love to see Washington's XG this season compared to his final tally. 
    Christ thats some proper whiplash I've gone and got - I thought we were talking about how meaningless a goal is in a 4-0 win, now we're back talking about whether he's a good Striker in general, be right back, just need to go get an ice pack
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

Blackpool 1 Reading 0
    Reading 2 Cardiff 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Reading 3 Blackburn 0
    Millwall 0 Reading 1
    It’s so competitive I just don’t see it that clubs have “easy starts”. Besides, Blackburn, Boro and Millwall finished 7th, 8th and 9th last season. I think there’s a case that they’ve lost the easier two. 
    Yeah but Reading are top and Rotherham are 5th (with a game in hand) so you're contradicting yourself there? Surely where teams are in the league at this moment in time is fairly meaningless. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

Blackpool 1 Reading 0
    Reading 2 Cardiff 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Reading 3 Blackburn 0
    Millwall 0 Reading 1
    Yeah but Reading are top and Rotherham are 5th (with a game in hand) so you're contradicting yourself there? Surely where teams are in the league at this moment in time is fairly meaningless. 
    I know Reading & Rotherham won't get promoted this season.
    I doubt either will make the play offs.
    I expect Rotherham to be bottom half and probably Reading will be bottom half as well.
    Washington is a  lower level Championship to top half L1 striker.
    I'll leave it there.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    If we kept him we'd be blessed with two strikers who can't play the lone role.

It was like this after Bonne went to QPR and scored early on. Lots of folks said it was a mistake to sell him and that he was 'obviously a good player.' Time settles most arguments. 
  • Options
    5 games, 1 goal, 0 assists. 

Subbed off every single game at the hour mark.

Seems about right. 
    Started all the games though, and Rotherham are amazingly unbeaten in 5th (Paul Warne must have learnt how to cope in the Championship at long last, he's had enough attempts), so must be doing something right to be picked each week.
    I think he's better suited to being a striker in a team battling and not expected to win than he is to a team expected to dominate. He's good for a hard-working defensive striker who'll run all game, stop opposition defences from being able to push up totally and give full backs a difficult time when they receive the ball. There's less pressure on him to score and more for him to be part of a whole team effort pressing and harrying. For us he'd need to be better on the ball and better at finishing. Different styles suit different players and I think he starts quite happily for Rotherham but not for us
    Totally agree. 

What we need though is a list of all the forwards we have had in the last 15 years and to see if Connor finishes in the top half :wink:
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Started all the games though, and Rotherham are amazingly unbeaten in 5th (Paul Warne must have learnt how to cope in the Championship at long last, he's had enough attempts), so must be doing something right to be picked each week.
    I think he's better suited to being a striker in a team battling and not expected to win than he is to a team expected to dominate. He's good for a hard-working defensive striker who'll run all game, stop opposition defences from being able to push up totally and give full backs a difficult time when they receive the ball. There's less pressure on him to score and more for him to be part of a whole team effort pressing and harrying. For us he'd need to be better on the ball and better at finishing. Different styles suit different players and I think he starts quite happily for Rotherham but not for us
    Totally agree. 

What we need though is a list of all the forwards we have had in the last 15 years and to see if Connor finishes in the top half :wink:
    I think that might actually kill us all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

🐔🐔🐔🐔
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

Rotherham lose 3-0 at Sunderland
    Reading lose 4-0 at Sheff U

Reading slip from 1st to 6th
    Rotherham slip from 5th to 12th.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

Reading win again and back into the automatic promotion places 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

Naming an obscure Charlton striker would be a very good question on "Pointless". Though "Goalless" might be a better name...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

Naming an obscure Charlton striker would be a very good question on "Pointless". Though "Goalless" might be a better name...
    It's harder than it sound because everyone remembers the really awful ones.  Everyone would get polish Pete although only Cory Gibbs has ever had less minutes.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

It's harder than it sound because everyone remembers the really awful ones.  Everyone would get polish Pete although only Cory Gibbs has ever had less minutes.
    Shows how difficult it is - I always thought Gibbs was a defender.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

He was

I'd go for Akpo Sodje, as one of many mediocre, but not laughably bad, strikers we've had, though Tresor Kandol mentioned above is a great shout!
  • Options
    I know I was being sarcastic.

We’ve had so many poor strikers in the last 15 years I’d struggle to separate a lot of them. Sodje at least scored occasionally.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

He was

I'd go for Akpo Sodje, as one of many mediocre, but not laughably bad, strikers we've had, though Tresor Kandol mentioned above is a great shout!
    If JFC never played for us I would have gone for Forster.

Someone like Frank Noble was memorably awful.

What about Rob Hulse?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

He was

If JFC never played for us I would have gone for Forster.

Someone like Frank Noble was memorably awful.

What about Rob Hulse?
    Not having that. Hulse was very good for us.
    That wasn't the question and I agree. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

I knew that was coming  :D
    If Joao stays fit/isn't sold, they may have a decent season. 
  • Options
    I can't remember, was Joe Dodoo shit?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

very much tongue in cheek, be gobsmacked if they stay up for too much longer but I thought they were relegation candidates so they'll be delighted. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rotherham 1 Swansea 1
    Rotherham 4 Reading 0
    Preston 0 Rotherham 0
    QPR 1 Rotherham 1
    Rotherham 2 Birmingham 0

very much tongue in cheek, be gobsmacked if they stay up for too much longer but I thought they were relegation candidates so they'll be delighted. 
    Tbf I didn't realise Joao was fit/back.
    His goals can propel a relegation struggling team to play off contenders. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

In a proper order this time, not just top and bottom half.

I need to know if Tresor Kandol is ranked above or below Ricardo Vaz Te.
    That's a really tough one. Vaz Te was a better player than Kandol but Vaz Te was so unforgivably shit for us that I'd probably put him below. What I'd completely forgotten though is that Tresor Kandol played for us in the Championship not League One, which has blown my tiny mind. Could have sworn he was a Dave Mooney level nothing L1 loan. I've also read that we bid £400,000 for him and no longer wish to live.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems about right. 
    Totally agree. 

Tamer Tuna
  • Options
    League cup goal scorer wasn't he?