Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any House DJ's (or any other genres about) ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Been DJ’ing since 1993 and have played at Ministry of Sound, Pacha, Heaven and all over the west end and beyond. Was also lucky enough to play Bestival in 2010 and also did a summer season in Turkey and some club nights in the states.

Also did many gigs with Lizzie Curious (referring to the original poster haha)

All I would say is find your sound...dont just play the 10 biggest house sounds of the month from Traxsource or whatever, everyone does that.

I’ve always lent towards the more soulful vocal funky stuff which has served me well as promoters know what they are getting from me and they can leave the peak time stuff to the others.

Happy to help with any questions etc you may have and good luck with it....best feeling in the world having the dance floor in the palm of your hand!

Thanks for the tip mate, appreciated.

I just find any house track I like the sound of and will mix in it. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Good mixes mate. That's my gym choons sorted for the week!
    Try some Gabba for your workout!!

I do beat box

I absolutely love a good beat boxer.

ur not Michael Winslow are you (police academy)
    lol not that amateur
  • Options
    Started doing a bit of mixing on the djay app on my iPad using my Spotify playlists that have some classic house/soul/garage/disco from back in the day.

Saw you can get some decks on Amazon that link up to the djay app. Great bit of fun I thought.

Was just about to buy them and found out Spotify stopped allowing all DJ apps from streaming their music the week before.

Bugger!

I know I could use a different streaming service but we've got all our stuff on Spotify.

• Options
    Been DJ’ing since 1993 and have played at Ministry of Sound, Pacha, Heaven and all over the west end and beyond. Was also lucky enough to play Bestival in 2010 and also did a summer season in Turkey and some club nights in the states.

Also did many gigs with Lizzie Curious (referring to the original poster haha)

All I would say is find your sound...dont just play the 10 biggest house sounds of the month from Traxsource or whatever, everyone does that.

I’ve always lent towards the more soulful vocal funky stuff which has served me well as promoters know what they are getting from me and they can leave the peak time stuff to the others.

Happy to help with any questions etc you may have and good luck with it....best feeling in the world having the dance floor in the palm of your hand!

Impressive CV
    Id be interested in hearing some of the funky stuff online if you can point me where?
  • Options
    I used to do a lot of DJing, mobile disco was what I made money from but to be any good at that you need to at least be able to beat match and to have any sort of fun or success with any particular genre of music you have to be able to do this else you are just cross fading 

Whether it be vinyl, CDs or eurgh, digital music. Get two copies of the same record and put one in each deck and dick around with the pitch and match away to your hearts content. You will thank me in the long run 

• Options
    Hi Lifers,

I have some news I'd like to share with you.

A company called 'FOREVER 54' have asked me to produce a 1 hours house mix video for a Charity Event they're organisng. I'm over-whelmed that I'll one of 4 DJ's on this Friday's mix starting this Friday at 7pm.

I'll be on the 8pm-9pm slot.

The live links are:

Mixcloud

You Tube

This is also a charity event where they're raising money for Cancer Research if you'd like to make a donation www.justgiving.com/fundraising/forever54

I also have a Facebook group if you like anything house and to get up to date and events I do: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3184210411626356