Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NBA Basketball

Comments

• Used to play "NBA Jam" on my Mega Drive, and played at school. Chicago Bulls for me. Scotty Pippin my favourite player. Not seen it as much as I liked recently
  • Some superb play off performances overnight.

Luka Doncic who is still only 21 scores 43 points with 17 rebounds and 13 assists as the Mavs tie the series at 2-2 with the Clippers.

Raptors bench pile on 100 points as they ease through 4-0 against the Nets. Raptors v Celtics will be a great series next round.

Mitchell and Murray become the first ever opposition players to both score 50+ points in a play off game.
  • All games postponed following another BLM incident in the US.

Nobody is sure when the play offs will recommence.
  • Big respect to the players for this.
  • Reports overnight that the Lakers and Clippers have voted to end the season. Every other team wants to continue.
  • The ending to Boston v Toronto last night was quality. A couple of very late twists.

Hopefully Harden turns up against the Lakers tonight.
  • Harden did indeed turn up. Rockets easily beat the Lakers.

In the other semi finals:

Boston leads Raptors 2-1
    Clippers lead Nuggets 1-0

And in probably the biggest surprise Heat have destroyed the Bucks and lead 3-0.
    Last night they were trailing by 12 heading into the 4th quarter............then won the quarter by 40-13 to win comfortably. Bucks need to sign someone who can help Giannis or i think he'll be leaving next summer.

Boston leads Raptors 2-1

And in probably the biggest surprise Heat have destroyed the Bucks and lead 3-0.
    Last night they were trailing by 12 heading into the 4th quarter............then won the quarter by 40-13 to win comfortably. Bucks need to sign someone who can help Giannis or i think he'll be leaving next summer.
    I hope it was a ''feeling out''  game for Lakers, similar with the Portland series in that give up game 1 if you have to but learn the adjustments you need to make for rest of the series, plus having the extended break may of been a hindrance to LA

Boston leads Raptors 2-1

I’ve got 20 plus matches to watch, I think it’s on series link, but have jumped to your suggestion, it’s a cracking match, do like Houston think it’s the James Harden beard, America’s answer to David Bellamy, I’ve seen 2 quarters so far, very entertaining.
  • Boston were 1 second away from taking a 3-0 series lead. It's now 2-2.

Clippers pegged back overnight too as the Nuggets make it 1-1.

Every series with all to play for except Heat/Bucks which looks done.
  • Sponsored links:

• The finale of Toronto v Boston isn't on Sky tonight, FFS. I think I'll have to find another way to watch next season. 
  • Go to nba.com (it defaults to a sky sports site). You can get a free 7 day trial of their game pass and watch the game 
  • Just caught up with last night's games, the Clippers were lacklustre. Denver are the first ever team to come from 3-1 down in multiple playoff ties. 

I guess the Lakers are overall favourites but it feels pretty open. 
  • Just caught up on the highlights from yesterdays game, absolutely immense performance from Jimmy Butler playing all but 48 seconds of the match.

3-2 Lakers and they should still win it, but it'll be very very tense if the Heat can make it 3-3.
  • New season already starting tonight on Sky Sports Mix (not Arena).

Lakers v Clippers and a fun looking Brooklyn v GSW on tonight. Got some big games on TV over the next few days.

I don't think there have been that many big movers in the off season(?). James Harden has yet to move, with Boston & Toronto supposedly his most likely options.

I've enjoyed 'The Lowe Post' podcast in the off-season, some of it goes over my head but it's well worth adding to your repertoire if you're a big pod person.

• RedPanda said:
    New season already starting tonight on Sky Sports Mix (not Arena).

Lakers v Clippers and a fun looking Brooklyn v GSW on tonight. Got some big games on TV over the next few days.

I don't think there have been that many big movers in the off season(?). James Harden has yet to move, with Boston & Toronto supposedly his most likely options.

I've enjoyed 'The Lowe Post' podcast in the off-season, some of it goes over my head but it's well worth adding to your repertoire if you're a big pod person.

Probably the biggest was Westbrook and Wall swapping.

Nets should be good this season with a fit again Durant and Irving together. Warriors would've been contenders but Klay Thompson is injured again, so not sure how they'll get on. Pelicans have added some decent players so will be good to see how they get on with Zion.

Probably can't look past the Lakers again as winners though.
  • Clippers beating Lakers surprised me.  As a Clippers fan I hope the new coach has changed the team's mindset.   We seem to peak for Lakers' games.
  • Lakers and Clippers not surprisingly leading the way in the West.

Most teams in the East got off to a slow start, but Celtics and Bucks have put on good winning runs to move to the top of the standings.

And then this week, the Nets blew everything apart by completing a huge trade for James Harden. Nets now arguably have 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA on the same team and overnight became the favourites to win the East.
  • You can't rely on Irving to play though. Seems a liability for such a big wage.

I've enjoyed watching Joe Harris for them this season, couldn't watch the Cleveland game last night but it sounded like a good one. Sunday we should be able to see them all on court together vs Miami.

Bucks v Lakers tonight, I feel like LA will be out with a point to prove after chucking away a 19 point lead vs GSW. I learned a lesson there, thought it was over so went to Reddit and ruined the ending for myself.
  • If anything I’d say I’m a Raptors fan.  I worked in Toronto for a bit years ago and got to go to a few games and absolutely loved it. Awesome sport 

they were crap back then but seem to be much better now
  • Sponsored links:

• Draymond Green given a technical and ejected from the game for shouting at a team mate but the ref thought he was shouting at him.

In the NBA, technical's (for some stupid reason) can't be overturned so even though the ref realised his mistake shortly after, that was Green done for the night.

And we think officials in football are bad.
  • GSW v Utah disappeared from Sky last night, and so has the Toronto game this evening. Instead Sky are replaying last night's Brooklyn game at 8:30. Very annoying.
  • RedPanda said:
    GSW v Utah disappeared from Sky last night, and so has the Toronto game this evening. Instead Sky are replaying last night's Brooklyn game at 8:30. Very annoying.
    Didn't miss much, was over as a contest by HT.

Nets are a bit of a shambles right now, 3 amazing offensive players but absolutely zero defence. Need to sign a couple of bigs before the deadline.
  • Draymond Green given a technical and ejected from the game for shouting at a team mate but the ref thought he was shouting at him.

In the NBA, technical's (for some stupid reason) can't be overturned so even though the ref realised his mistake shortly after, that was Green done for the night.

And we think officials in football are bad.
    Yes, the NBA officials can change the momentum of games with their decisions. There are so many fine lines with NBA basketball. And the Technical Foul against Draymond Green was an example of this. That ruined the game. I think the Warriors would have won that if he hadn't been ejected. He's a big player for the Warriors. 

• Lebron has gone off injured tonight, but he did hobble back and shoot a 3 to keep his run going of 10+ points per game (1036 in a row). Quite a nasty looking one with someone falling into his ankle and bending it.

Sky are showing one game a day now which is great, NBA's helped keep me a little busier during lockdown. 
  • I’m a Hawks fan. Sacked our coach and since then we’ve won 8 matches in a row. Beat the Lakers tonight (albeit without AD and Lebron for the most part). Pretty confident we’ll make the play offs.
  • No one is beating the Nets if they're all fit.

Harden, Durant, Kyrie, Griffin +1. They're second in the east and they haven't even all played a game together yet.
  • Any views on who should be MVP or who'll make it out of the east or west?

A lot of big games and teams have been tarnished by injury so I'm struggling with MVP. I'd probably say Curry, but wouldn't go against Jokic or Embiid.

The Lakers look like they're getting fit at the right time. I don't trust the Clippers not to wilt, and I'm not sure when Conley and Mitchell are back for Utah..? 

I like Milwaukee for the east, they've been relatively under the radar. Good to see Harden coming back at the right time though.
  • Everyone is still sleeping on my guys the Suns. 

Booker and CP3 are a match made in heaven right now
  • Jokic will be the MVP, played every game and been putting up stacked numbers every night. Also led his team to 3rd (atm) in a mega competitive West. Embiid been injured too many times as usual.
    The arrival of CP3 in Phoenix has been amazing, they have a brilliantly solid roster. It will be hell of a game if lakers end up 7th seed and they face off vs the suns. That’s if Bron is back healthy. 
    I think the winner is coming from the east this year. Three standout teams. I backed Philly at the start and I’ll stick to them for value purposes- they are fully reliant on Embiid staying healthy which is the sticking point, but a E finals vs the Nets will be a spectacle, they have no one good enough to guard Embiid so will likely resort to going all out attack and aiming to score more, which means they must topple the standout defence in the league (alongside the suns)

Realistically it still points to a lakers nets final but I’m hoping for Nuggets/Suns to get there vs Philly. Clippers are the interesting one, have coasted through the reg in second gear, who knows what clippers side will turn up post season tho?