Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NBA Basketball

Comments

• Options
    Some interesting last game matches to come.

Warriors v Grizzlies for the 8th seed and avoiding the bottom play in game.

Blazers v Nuggets. If Nuggets win they take the 3rd seed. However the downside of that is by beating Blazers it will surely allow the Lakers (who face an injury hit and nothing to play for Pelicans) to leapfrog the Blazers and get 6th. Which will mean they face the Nuggets in the first round. I wonder if the Nuggets will be tempted to rest players and lose and then have an easier 1st round match.

• Options
    Lakers end up 7th as Nuggets (as expected) rolled over and lost to the Blazers.

Lakers v Warriors will now face off in a play-in match. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    It's gone a bit crazy with the injuries, glad it didn't ruin last night's Clippers game. Hopefully Leonard is back soon.

I can't see Irving being back, looked like a similar incident to Lebron's.

I guess Chris Paul return soon. If not I wouldn't bet against Atlanta, although given what's happening elsewhere they must be due an injury.
  • Options
    Kahwi may have done his ACL judging by some reports.

Time for 'Play off P' Paul George to step up
  • Options
    Chris Paul situation is unique in the sense that he's had a positive Covid test result, but he's been vaccinated, so I don't know if they'll let him come back early. If not, the conference finals could start as early as Sunday night apparently, and we could be into game 3 or 4 before he's allowed back
  • Options
    Anyone here saw the last second inbound alley-oop for the win? Insane play
  • Options
    Crazy way to win.

Am watching Bucks v Hawks at the moment and Trae Young is taking the mick. Just set up an alley-oop off the backboard. I hope they win, then wouldn't mind them or Phoenix overall.
  • Options
    I am a Knicks fan. Been to a few of their games, basketball is my second favourite sport, I absolutely love it. Any other knicks followers in here?
    Over the moon to have come across a thread like this as well. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Crazy way to win.

Am watching Bucks v Hawks at the moment and Trae Young is taking the mick. Just set up an alley-oop off the backboard. I hope they win, then wouldn't mind them or Phoenix overall.
    Did you see his stop, shoulder shuffle, set up for the 3? Dude was taking the piss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    This play off series has been crazy, imagine if you'd said at the start of the season we might get a Hawks v Suns final!

Injuries have killed many teams though. Nets would've come through the East easily but they lost Kyrie and had Harden playing practically on one leg. Durant tried his hardest but ultimately you can't beat a team on your own.

Then in the West you had:
    Lakers - Davis injured, Lebron not fully fit
    Nuggets - lost Jamal Murray
    Clippers - lost Kawhi

Still think Bucks will improve and turn it around v Hawks. Suns v Clippers i'll take to go to 7 games.
  • Options
    I hope the Bucks do turn it round, just for Giannis really. Been a really interesting playoffs this year.

• Options
    If I like anyone, it's the Nets, just because of the name.  You've got the Nets, the Jets in the NFL and I believe the local water polo team are the Wets.
  • Options
    Clippers look to have blown it, shooting just 5-31 from three and going 0-10 on shots in the 4th quarter that would've tied the game or put them ahead.

Suns up 3-1 with the next game back in Phoenix. 
  • Options
    Clippers look to have blown it, shooting just 5-31 from three and going 0-10 on shots in the 4th quarter that would've tied the game or put them ahead.

Suns up 3-1 with the next game back in Phoenix. 
    Good, really want CP3 to get a very deserved ring
  • Options
    Chris Paul puts up 41 points in a blowout win at Staples Center to send the Suns to the finals for the first time in 28 years
  • Options
    Suns have been playing well but as i mentioned in an earlier post, they've been quite fortunate. 

Their playoff opponents so far:
    Lakers - they were 2-1 down then Davis got injured. Lebron wasn't fully fit
    Clippers - lost Kawhi

Now the Hawks and Bucks go into their game 6 tonight with both their star players (Young and Giannis) doubtful because of injury, so you'd have to question how fit both would be if they make the final v Suns.

It's a Southgate-esque run of luck.
  • Options
    Suns v Bucks in the NBA Finals.

Bucks actually looked pretty good and won the last 2 games without Giannis but i wouldn't fancy them to beat the Suns if he doesn't return from injury soon.
  • Options
    Suns have been playing well but as i mentioned in an earlier post, they've been quite fortunate. 

Their playoff opponents so far:
    Lakers - they were 2-1 down then Davis got injured. Lebron wasn't fully fit
    Clippers - lost Kawhi

Now the Hawks and Bucks go into their game 6 tonight with both their star players (Young and Giannis) doubtful because of injury, so you'd have to question how fit both would be if they make the final v Suns.

It's a Southgate-esque run of luck.
    And Suns lost Chris Paul Vs the Nuggets and again in the first 2 games against Clippers.

The difference has been the second string (Cam Payne in particular) stepped up to fill the void
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    It's been a fun off-season so far, I like Miami and Kyle Lowry so that'll be fun to watch. I didn't see Westbrook to the Lakers coming, 'Young socialite' Ben Simmons has also requested a move to California but Philly are asking for silly trades.

USA v France is live on Eurosport 2 at 03:20 tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My boys the Suns are 10-0 in the last 10 games, the hottest team in the NBA right now
  • Options
    Warriors are on fire as well (obviously thanks to Curry) and they've got Klay and Wiseman to return in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Jets, Mets and Nets for me. 
  • Options
    I got laughed at last week for not knowing who Stephen Curry is. Genuinely had never heard of the bloke. 
  • Options
    So many players missing now because of Covid and contact tracing.

Will make a mess of the big Xmas ties but Kyrie Irving being welcomed back to ~50% of Brooklyn's games then going straight into H&S protocols brings a wry smile.
  • Options
    Klay Thompson should be back tomorrow night in one of the Sky games, GSW v Cleveland.

Anyone voted for the All Star Game? I went for Curry, Mitchell, Jokic, Green, James; Van Vleet, DeRozan, Giannis, Durant, Embiid.
  • Options
    Going to the Cavs/Warriors game tomorrow. Booked it weeks ago. Stroke of luck that what with Klay Thompson coming back. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Going to the Cavs/Warriors game tomorrow. Booked it weeks ago. Stroke of luck that what with Klay Thompson coming back. 
    Should be a brilliant atmosphere, one of the most eagerly awaited regular season games in a long time.

Crazy that he hasn't played since June 2019. I read the other day that he has earned $84 million in wages since last playing!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Anyone watching the playoffs?

My Suns are looking to go one better than last year and win it all, and that extra experience from last season's run will stand them in good stead, with Ayton stepping up more, Booker looking even better than last year, and Bridges being an absolute defensive monster, all complimenting CP3.

Oh and Jar Crowder starts too, the only man in NBA History to post up a playoff Quadruple Single! 

• Options
    I managed to stun a group of Americans last week by announcing that I had never heard of Steph Curry.

Am I weird, or am I right in thinking that the average UK person would never have heard of him?