Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gymshark - Anyone Heard Of Them / Used Them?

Must admit I’d never heard of this young guy and his company, almost a billionaire at 28, (Worth more than Alan Sugar?) started out in his garage with his company at 19. Anyone tried their gear?

https://news.sky.com/story/gymshark-ex-pizza-delivery-boys-fitness-wear-brand-valued-at-over-1bn-12049635

https://uk.gymshark.com/collections/hoodies-jackets/mens?page=0&id=4402774245491

Comments

• Clearly done extraordinarily well for himself, but hadn’t heard of them personally until today 
  • If you have the right business head, once you crack social media marketing, you've basically made it. 

To build that in 9 years though, amazing effort
  • edited August 2020
    .... do they do 40' waist?
  • Gymshark is probably one of the biggest brands in the fitness industry/world, especially in the uk. Theyre massive in the 'influencer' market, and honestly its everywhere. Go on instagram and just search #gymshark to get an idea of the audience/popularity

I dont own any of their stuff and im not a gym buff at all but my gf does own some and ive seen a lot of people wearing them. It's good quality stuff and the brand is v successful, especially considering where it started from! 
  • Love the logo, that's smart!

No 4xl  i am out.
  • Gymshark is probably one of the biggest brands in the fitness industry/world, especially in the uk. Theyre massive in the 'influencer' market, and honestly its everywhere. Go on instagram and just search #gymshark to get an idea of the audience/popularity

I dont own any of their stuff and im not a gym buff at all but my gf does own some and ive seen a lot of people wearing them. It's good quality stuff and the brand is v successful, especially considering where it started from! 
    I think that's where a lot of the success lies
  • My nephews Mrs who has just qualified as a personal trainer (see the ad in the marketplace) says it's good gear.
  • I've used their stuff for the gym, running, and boxing and can speak highly of it. Very good quality and customer service- they regularly send new products out for free to people active on their social media or on the fifth anniversary of your first order with them. They've always been pretty good in dealing with customer service issues from what I've seen. 

Think they've used social media better than any other brand I've seen, especially in the fitness market.

I think that's where a lot of the success lies
    100%. Im pretty sure at the start it was their entire business model.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to the guy, clearly deserves all the success he gets.

Really like this as well "during the pandemic, Mr Francis donated £180,000 to Birmingham's women's and children's hospital where his mother works".
  • .... do they do 40' waist?
    Yes .
    Just for me
  • Here's a little fact,

Most GymShark models on social media are jacked up on steroids.

They advertise their brand mainly to teens too. 

Great advertising GS.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Here's a little fact,

Great advertising GS.
    Yeah was going to post this. Do you follow Shredded Sports Science or Greg Doucette on YouTube by chance?
  • edited August 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Here's a little fact,

Great advertising GS.
    Yeah was going to post this. Do you follow Shredded Sports Science or Greg Doucette on YouTube by chance?
    James Linker's Shredded Sport Science all day long.

I tried Greg Doucette but struggled with his voice.

Like Athlean X too but Jeff Cavalier has lost a LOT of respect with those fake weights.
  • edited August 2020
    Doesn't bother me re the weights to be honest mate. He's a really knowledgeable bloke and the content he gives away is top notch.

Did his athlean xero during lockdown and enjoyed it.

Simon Miller and Pure Bullfit are good channels too for entertainment \ discussion
  • Yep watch both of those too.

Yeah Jeff's advice is second to none, but lying about the amount he lifts was very amateurish.

Will have to take a look at Athlean Xero never done any of his programs, tend to build my own, but need something different.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yep watch both of those too.

Yeah Jeff's advice is second to none, but lying about the amount he lifts was very amateurish.

Will have to take a look at Athlean Xero never done any of his programs, tend to build my own, but need something different.
    It's all bodyweight mate. Back in the gym now they've opened but was great to keep me going through lockdown and certainly enhanced my  overall (relative) athleticism compared to weight training.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Here's a little fact,

Great advertising GS.
    My mates always joke about the gym shark special formula in their water bottle being the secret to their fitness gains, joke being its mostly roids
  • edited August 2020

Ignore the first 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf-9oTp9vmY
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Yep watch both of those too.

It's all bodyweight mate. Back in the gym now they've opened but was great to keep me going through lockdown and certainly enhanced my  overall (relative) athleticism compared to weight training.
    Being cheeky, but you couldn't inbox some photos of the programme could you? I want to double down my workouts now I've built my home gym space

Going to be a while til I get a new weights rack and protective flooring etc.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Here's a little fact,

Great advertising GS.
    Mate, the entire fitness industry is on PEDs. Every cover you've ever looked at has either been edited or the physique obtained by roids
  • Highly impressed with Muscleworks Orpington. 
  • mendonca said:
    Highly impressed with Muscleworks Orpington. 
    You’re going to blow my mind!
  • Just had a look on their website, felt exhausted Afterwards!
  • edited August 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Here's a little fact,

Great advertising GS.
    James Linker's Shredded Sport Science all day long.

I tried Greg Doucette but struggled with his voice.

Like Athlean X too but Jeff Cavalier has lost a LOT of respect with those fake weights.

Same... Greg Doucette's voice... His content is actually pretty decent but it is really hard to get through.

I like Athlean-X for the body mechanics stuff. Second to none. Nutrition info is sub-par. I go to Jeff Nippard for that stuff. I like how he backs up everything with the latest science and highlights the actual passages from the studies. 
  • mendonca said:
    Was about to join there then lockdown happened. Now it is all changed. Have the prices changed do you know? 
  • Dizzle said:
    mendonca said:
    Was about to join there then lockdown happened. Now it is all changed. Have the prices changed do you know? 

My first visit was post Lockdown. I read that they increased their prices a fair bit, ie. £5 to £10 for a day pass, £50 to £70 for a month (non contract). Luckily, the prices are cheaper than City gyms so fine for me while I can freeze my usual gym. 
  • That Muscleworks looks amazing.  Would love something like that nearby.  

• Shredded Sports Science is a good YouTube channel for a scientific view on training and taking the P out of the fitness industry.