Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gymshark - Anyone Heard Of Them / Used Them?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Have to call out Phillion a bit, he's very right in his anger at the fitness industry, but clearly doesn't focus on nutrition/consistency in working out otherwise his channel would be huge. 

He is a good watch though and the third eye of truth rarely gets stuff wrong. 

Omar Isuf is another great Youtuber. 
  • Options
    That Muscleworks looks amazing.  Would love something like that nearby.  

whereabouts do you live mate? Few decent bodybuilding gyms dotted around, but very rarely advertise in the usual channels!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have to call out Phillion a bit, he's very right in his anger at the fitness industry, but clearly doesn't focus on nutrition/consistency in working out otherwise his channel would be huge. 

He is a good watch though and the third eye of truth rarely gets stuff wrong. 

Omar Isuf is another great Youtuber. 
    What are your thoughts on Mike Thurston?

I met him in a gym out here in Dubai before Covid and he was filming something for his channel and i got talking to him. Really nice guy, absolute unit and has a mahogany tan that would rival Ronaldo.

Got watching a lot of his older videos and he seems very knowledgable with great info. Although nowadays he's doing more travel vlogging content but i guess there's only so many 'how to train chest/legs/back etc" videos you can do.
  • Options
    Mike Thurston seems a cool chap. Brings an element of laddiness to his videos which as you say, can get boring after all if centred around the same gym chat.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    That Muscleworks looks amazing.  Would love something like that nearby.  

whereabouts do you live mate? Few decent bodybuilding gyms dotted around, but very rarely advertise in the usual channels!

Ironically I'm from Orpington but left God's own country a few years back.  

Now down in a little village in East Sussex on Kent border a few miles from Tunbridge Wells. 

Have had a good look on the internet but can't find anything that is realistically doable in terms of travel 3 times a week or isn't just a commercial fitness first type gym.

Have signed up to the local leisure centre one which is actually better stocked for my needs than my fitness first one in town in terms of having 2 squat racks and deadlift platform etc so not too bad but would love to train at one like that Muscleworks which is purpsose built for weight training. 

Any inside info in that respect mate would be great.

Cheers

• Options
    Didn't want to start a thread to ask this, but seems to be some discussion relating to this here so thought I'd go ahead.

It looks like Kinesis on Well Hall road in Eltham has shut down (if someone knows otherwise then please let me know, but it looks like it is!) so I'm looking for a new gym and was wondering if anyone had recommendations. Looking for the same sort of gym - focused on weights training not full of treadmills etc. Not too keen on Eltham Centre gym as weights section looked tiny but not adverse to going to a chain.

Anyone knows of any then would be grateful for the info.
  • Options
    Saw Diego P in there today. Big lad!
  • Options
    Didn't want to start a thread to ask this, but seems to be some discussion relating to this here so thought I'd go ahead.

It looks like Kinesis on Well Hall road in Eltham has shut down (if someone knows otherwise then please let me know, but it looks like it is!) so I'm looking for a new gym and was wondering if anyone had recommendations. Looking for the same sort of gym - focused on weights training not full of treadmills etc. Not too keen on Eltham Centre gym as weights section looked tiny but not adverse to going to a chain.

Anyone knows of any then would be grateful for the info.
    Have you looked at Bones Gym in Eltham mate? Old school bodybuilding gym, loaded with kit.

Don't know if it's further than you wanted to travel, but there's Metroflex in Lower Sydenham which is of the same vein.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Here's a little fact,

Most GymShark models on social media are jacked up on steroids.

They advertise their brand mainly to teens too. 

Great advertising GS.
    Yeah was going to post this. Do you follow Shredded Sports Science or Greg Doucette on YouTube by chance?
    James Linker's Shredded Sport Science all day long.

I tried Greg Doucette but struggled with his voice.

Like Athlean X too but Jeff Cavalier has lost a LOT of respect with those fake weights.

Same... Greg Doucette's voice... His content is actually pretty decent but it is really hard to get through.

I like Athlean-X for the body mechanics stuff. Second to none. Nutrition info is sub-par. I go to Jeff Nippard for that stuff. I like how he backs up everything with the latest science and highlights the actual passages from the studies. 
    Just watched a couple of his videos, why does he feel the need to screech through them all? Just talk normally man!