Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good or bad guys (in film)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Kriss Kristofferson - Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
  • Options
    Jack Nicholson - As good as it gets
    Jack.Nicholson  - The Shining.
  • Options
    Jaws, a story of people slaughtering a shark for daring to be a shark in its natural habitat. 

It’s also heavily contributed to the world wide vilification of sharks as mindless murdering machines, while hippos and falling coconuts are more dangerous to humans 
  • Options
    Robert DeNiro as Louis Cypher in Angel Heart.
    Tim Curry as Pennywise in IT.
    TV rather than film but Bryan Cranston as Walter White/Heisenberg.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Robert DeNiro as Louis Cypher in Angel Heart.
    Tim Curry as Pennywise in IT.
    TV rather than film but Bryan Cranston as Walter White/Heisenberg.
    Angel Heart is one of the best films ever made in my opinion. Rourke and DeNiro still very much hate each other due to perceived disrespect shown on set. 
  • Options
    Tim Curry as Dr Frank N Furter. 
    Steve Martin as Dr Michael Hfuhruhurr. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor in the original Superman

Jesse Eisenberg didnt do a bad job in the recent reboote but Hackman is Lex Luthor for me
    Michael Rosenbaum’s Luthor was brilliant. Hackman refused to shave his hair, I’m not having that. 
    Yeah he was class in Smallville
  • Options
    Javier Bardem is a great shout from no country for old men. Proper nasty bastard 

Alan Rickman is a brilliant baddy in whatever he did, especially Robin Hood 

I was expecting Steven Stelfox to be more evil than he was in the film of kill our friends but Nicholas Hoult did an OK job 

Andy Serkis as Gollum stands out 

• Options
    Ian McKellen in the X Men films. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Tony Clifton in Man on the Moon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jaws, a story of people slaughtering a shark for daring to be a shark in its natural habitat. 

It’s also heavily contributed to the world wide vilification of sharks as mindless murdering machines, while hippos and falling coconuts are more dangerous to humans 
    Yes, it only did what sharks do brilliantly.
  • Options
    Question for anyone who watches Billions.

Who is the baddy and who is the goody?  The working class boy turned greedy Billionaire  insider trader or the spoon fed Ivy Leaguer attorney general breaking the rules to stop him? 
  • Options

Who is the baddy and who is the goody?  The working class boy turned greedy Billionaire  insider trader or the spoon fed Ivy Leaguer attorney general breaking the rules to stop him? 
    Same question, but this time for Succession. 
  • Options
    Ben Kingsley as Don Logan in Sexy Beast 

On that, I always thought Ian McShane's character in that film was a better villain. Kingsley is all screaming and swearing and spitting, but Ian McShane manages to be absolutely terrifying while staying calm in just about every scene he's in. You never know what he's thinking but he just radiates a sinister vibe. Great performance
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I’ve been recommended that a few times now.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

That shark’s whole family had it in for the Brodys. The shark's son went after the Brodys again in Jaws 2 and nearly killed the youngest. Its sister went after the Brodys in Jaws 3D and ruined a water park! Its grandson finally got the youngest Brody and then chased Ellen Brody around the country in Jaws 4! I'm not even exaggerating! She got on Michael Caine's plane and left Amity, went to the Caribbean and it followed her there! What a horrible family of sharks. 
    Mate, you may have posted this in jest but my missus is convinced that it was indeed a family of sharks hellbent on revenge. Even when I point out that it’s highly unlikely that sharks possess the ability to bear grudges let alone the intelligence to pass on stories of wrongdoings to future generations she still won’t have it. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

That shark’s whole family had it in for the Brodys. The shark's son went after the Brodys again in Jaws 2 and nearly killed the youngest. Its sister went after the Brodys in Jaws 3D and ruined a water park! Its grandson finally got the youngest Brody and then chased Ellen Brody around the country in Jaws 4! I'm not even exaggerating! She got on Michael Caine's plane and left Amity, went to the Caribbean and it followed her there! What a horrible family of sharks. 
    Mate, you may have posted this in jest but my missus is convinced that it was indeed a family of sharks hellbent on revenge. Even when I point out that it’s highly unlikely that sharks possess the ability to bear grudges let alone the intelligence to pass on stories of wrongdoings to future generations she still won’t have it. 
    The fourth movie genuinely has that approach. Ellen is convinced the shark is after her, and when it finds her 500 miles away a few days later, it's confirmed. 

I think Brody may have pondered this in the second book (which is awful, as is the first frankly) but it's not mentioned in the third. Just coincidence. 

Elliott is right though - that film did a serious amount of harm to the shark population. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's a strange show. Every single character is an irredeemable twat, and yet we keep watching. 

On that note - at what point did anyone stop rooting for Walter White, if ever? 
  • Options
    Ben Kingsley as Don Logan in Sexy Beast 

I'm not sure anyone liked him.  Brilliant performance though.
  • Options
    Anthony Perkins - Psycho
    Lee Van Cleef- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    David Warner - Time after Time (amongst others).
    Always thought he would make a brilliant Snape until Alan Rickman was cast and made it definitively his
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

The fourth movie genuinely has that approach. Ellen is convinced the shark is after her, and when it finds her 500 miles away a few days later, it's confirmed. 

I think Brody may have pondered this in the second book (which is awful, as is the first frankly) but it's not mentioned in the third. Just coincidence. 

Elliott is right though - that film did a serious amount of harm to the shark population. 
    There was a second book? I thought there was only one (which was indeed nowhere near as good as the film.)
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

It's a strange show. Every single character is an irredeemable twat, and yet we keep watching. 

On that note - at what point did anyone stop rooting for Walter White, if ever? 
    Never, but I liked Hank as well.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

There was a second book? I thought there was only one (which was indeed nowhere near as good as the film.)
    Jesus Christ it's bad. I think it might have been based on the sequel movie screenplay, but Brody only discovers there's a shark a couple of chapters from the end. The shark spends most of its time chasing an orca or something. I'd say it's the worst book I ever read, but then I'd be ignoring The DaVinci Code, which I threw out of a train window as I finished the final page pulling into Redhill station. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Peter Benchley, the author of Jaws the novel upon which the film was based, bitterly regretted that his book had such a negative effect on people’s perception of sharks, so much so that he later went on to be a shark conservationist. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Anthony Perkins - Psycho
    Lee Van Cleef- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    David Warner - Time after Time (amongst others).
    Always thought he would make a brilliant Snape until Alan Rickman was cast and made it definitively his
    A film that could effectively be called The Bad, The Bad and The Bad.  You're absolutely right - Lee Van Cleef is brilliant. Clint is pretty damn good, whilst Eli Wallach as Tuco Ramirez is on another planet.
  • Options
    The iceberg (not the real one) in Cameron's Titanic film. In fact I wish it had hit the ship a little harder so that it sank faster and gave us a shorter film.

The most overrated film in history.
  • Options
    Gary Oldman.
    The Firm.
    Leon.
    The Fifth Element.
    The Magic Sword.

De Niro, Brando and Pacino in The Godfather 1 and 2.

Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven.

Richard Dawson (Killian) The Running Man.

Brendan Gleason (Ken) In Bruges.