Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Can the appeal be deemed frivolous? 🙂
    If that was the case the judge wouldn’t have given them 7 more days .
  • Talal said:
    I would imagine PE’s team are going to be playing this tactically, they need to take as much time as possible to submit the appeal but ensure they leave enough time to get a decision before the 7 days.
    Maybe I'm missing something but why do they need to take as much time as possible to submit the appeal? I'd have thought they'd want to get it in pretty sharpish so there's less risk of the COA not deciding before Wednesday. 
    Following this would it be possible to perhaps waste there time or would they have already have the appeal ready? IE flood them with telephone and email enquiry to waste there time.
  • Talal said:
    I would imagine PE’s team are going to be playing this tactically, they need to take as much time as possible to submit the appeal but ensure they leave enough time to get a decision before the 7 days.
    Maybe I'm missing something but why do they need to take as much time as possible to submit the appeal? I'd have thought they'd want to get it in pretty sharpish so there's less risk of the COA not deciding before Wednesday. 
    Following this would it be possible to perhaps waste there time or would they have already have the appeal ready? IE flood them with telephone and email enquiry to waste there time.

This doesn't make sense?
  • I once heard the term 'vexatious litigation', which is supposed to be some kind of naughty legal carry on which is recognised in law as naughty. Something like using legal process, I suppose using loopholes and further opportunities to the nth degree in order to continue to pursue an unwinnable and reasonably decided case.
    Are these Lex Dominican Monks going into vexatious litigation waters?
  • I’d say they are close @seth plum and certainly I think they are pushing in it but unfortunately I don’t think that is provable because all the dealings where Farnell is involved seem to be slightly off record and the fact that they are all proven to be super self interested and rip off merchants (balance of evidence proves that) is difficult to apply specifically to us. We know they are ripping the shit out us and the legal system but that’s hard to prove. 
  • seth plum said:
    I once heard the term 'vexatious litigation', which is supposed to be some kind of naughty legal carry on which is recognised in law as naughty. Something like using legal process, I suppose using loopholes and further opportunities to the nth degree in order to continue to pursue an unwinnable and reasonably decided case.
    Are these Lex Dominican Monks going into vexatious litigation waters?
    A vexatious litigant is someone who constantly brings cases to court, most of them completely groundless. 
  • mendonca said:
    Talal said:

This doesn't make sense?
    I think he means ‘their’.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell 
  • After going to the pub tonight (and just returned not reading the previous few hundred posts)  I thought I'd not really care what happened today but it still rankles that there is a possibility that some people are in it just for the money and have no regard for the best interests of the club.
  • Thanks Blucher.

You make it sound pretty straightforward.

Unfortunately nothing is where Charlton are concerned.
  • While o agree he would have found such comments, o am not sure that he should have been allowed to admit them as new evidence today particularly given he refused to admit similar evidence yesterday.
    Agreed. Anything posted on social media is conjecture
  • castrust said:
    Very helpful summary that answers some key questions.
    Grounds for cautious optimism that the delay should be just 7 days. Bad enough for Lee Bowyer and the team but hopefully not material to TS’s determination to buy CAFC.
    Can the COA increase the injunction time so as to give time to hear the appeal  ?  All that is happening next week is that a judge sitting at the COA is deciding whether an appeal can go ahead. If he/she decides that it can surely they will say the injunction has to be extended or what is the point of the appeal. 
  • castrust said:
    Very helpful summary that answers some key questions.
    Grounds for cautious optimism that the delay should be just 7 days. Bad enough for Lee Bowyer and the team but hopefully not material to TS’s determination to buy CAFC.
    Can the COA increase the injunction time so as to give time to hear the appeal  ?  All that is happening next week is that a judge sitting at the COA is deciding whether an appeal can go ahead. If he/she decides that it can surely they will say the injunction has to be extended or what is the point of the appeal. 
    I think that if he granted leave to appeal they would immediately ask for the 7 day injunction to be extended. Whether that would be included as a contingent in the papers they submit I don’t know.
  • Sponsored links:

• At any point in these hearings have we gout out explicitly why ESI2 haven’t completed the deal they claim to have? There’s obviously some contingency they have failed to satisfy 

We assume it’s the EFL tests, but do we know that?
  • Can the appeal be deemed frivolous? 🙂
    If that was the case the judge wouldn’t have given them 7 more days .
    This was a jokey reference to CAFC history of appeals within the football world. You may recall an appeal to have red card/booking rescinded ended up with a higher penalty as it was deemed frivolous. 

Hence the smiley face.  
  • Me after hearing Mr judges decisions on Tuesday and then Wednesday

Me -

RIP GT
  • Once had lunch with Farnell May well work in our favour 😂 
    Exactly. We know who would have paid.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!