Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• PM have literally made no effort.
    I wonder if that's because they didn't want to pay for any more lawyer time than they already have done.
    Have they actually paid for any lawyer time? They are being represented by a Charlton fan, I don’t think that’s a coincidence. 
  • I just have a feeling that Freshfields knew that if TS said/implied that his takeover was dependent on todays outcome then it would be used by Chaisty as a reason to give an injunciton.

I don't know how anyone can be so confident that today doesn't have a bearing.
    Wasn’t TS giving out hugs or something when we won the original case?  Didn’t seem like it had no bearing. 
  • Chaisty provided mountains of evidence.
    Panorama provided some good evidence, some incorrect evidence and quoted Sky Sports news.
  • MM thrown us under the bus again!!!
  • I think "our side" have been very poor imo. No criticism of LK (although surely its in her power to ask for more evidence) but wouldn't you go into bat with ;

A sworn statement by TS about the sale. NDA is rather irrelevant at this time I would think.
    A statement from the EFL about where there are in relation to the OADT for both TS and PE, as well as source of funds etc.

Just seems rather amateurish. 

We were all told TS is dealing directly with Roland by those ITK. If that is the case, PM wouldn't be privy to negotiations.
  • Announce Jack Wilshire

Jack Wiltshire*
  • Sponsored links:

• Not to be a downer but I'm pretty sure they'll favour an injunction for LD. This is going to November lads
    For what reason though? What has Chaisty said today that makes Pearce original decision incorrect? 
    I’m not saying they should win, I’m saying I think they will. There’s no way they should win, but I think PM have been awful the whole way through - they have very little evidence to back up any of their claims (same goes for LD but a bit less so) and they’re so poor at rebuttals. 

The judges seem far more sympathetic towards LD than PM - and LD do have a fantastic point that PM is just an Abu Dhabi shell company that will run for the hills as soon as they can. The only way to protect LD is an injunction until it’s decided in court, and I think that’s the way the judges will see it. 

Personally I’d like the solution to be the proceeds of a sale to be frozen for the victor in November, but neither parties want that. 
  • Is there a decision that could affect TS buying us... Any idea? 
  • I think "our side" have been very poor imo. No criticism of LK (although surely its in her power to ask for more evidence) but wouldn't you go into bat with ;

A sworn statement by TS about the sale. NDA is rather irrelevant at this time I would think.
    A statement from the EFL about where there are in relation to the OADT for both TS and PE, as well as source of funds etc.

Just seems rather amateurish. 

We were all told TS is dealing directly with Roland by those ITK. If that is the case, PM wouldn't be privy to negotiations.
    My issue is those that are ITK source is TS - who I don't actually think is ITK himself.
  • We're slating Mihail rightly for piss poor evidence. But items such as a financials and deal stage - wouldn't that be for Lauren to say X Y and Z will help if you can provide it?
  • Chaisty provided mountains of evidence.
    Panorama provided some good evidence, some incorrect evidence and quoted Sky Sports news.
    This.
  • Announce Jack Wilshire

Jack Wiltshire*

we are more likely to get some bloke called 'Jack' from Wiltshire!
  • Fearing the worst but hoping for good news after 2pm 🙏🏻🤞🏼🍀🍀🍀🍀🤞🏼🙏🏻🤞🏼🙏🏻🤞🏼🙏🏻
  • Not to be a downer but I'm pretty sure they'll favour an injunction for LD. This is going to November lads
    What makes you think that? Oh and it's ladies too
    Wow, are you discriminating against non-binary? We can play this silly game all day if that’s your tipple.
  • Sponsored links:

• The judge felt far more sympathetic towards LD last time. And then shocked us all at the end. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Blaming MM is like blaming the 15 year old right back when we get hammered in November when the injuries and suspensions kick in. 

It's the fault of the people that put them in that position. 
    Nimer.
  • Feels like this is not going our way. Or am I mis reading on the fly at work? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Feels like this is not going our way. Or am I mis reading on the fly at work? 
    People were saying similar things last time. Lets just wait and see.
  • dickplumb said:
    Darren New on Twitter 

To me all of this is a charade both parties know that there has been a deal done with RD and TS it’s been all over Twitter for ten days , this is purely to see who picks up the costs of court case 1 and subsequently court case 2
    Ah yes, the famous purveyor of truth
  • edited September 2020
    It’s going to swing either way, I’ve seen people say the judges are more sympathetic towards LD than the last judge, that must be saying something as Judge Pearce was very sympathetic, that didn’t stop him making the decision he did and that will be taken into consideration. Neither side produced new evidence and neither performed well but what will sway the judges to overturn their colleagues decision? 
  • dickplumb said:
    Darren New on Twitter 

To me all of this is a charade both parties know that there has been a deal done with RD and TS it’s been all over Twitter for ten days , this is purely to see who picks up the costs of court case 1 and subsequently court case 2
    But a deal has not be done has it. It seems dependent on the EFL who I assume will not approve TS if this case goes LD way??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!