Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    They probably thought it was a waste of time given the EFL unwillingness to engage. Again not their fault and I am not a member.
    Agreed it’s not their fault - just frustrating that the club is on the brink and our supporters trust have just lapped up the EFL’s bullshit with no push back.
    How do you know there was no pushback?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    aliwibble said:
    They probably thought it was a waste of time given the EFL unwillingness to engage. Again not their fault and I am not a member.
    Agreed it’s not their fault - just frustrating that the club is on the brink and our supporters trust have just lapped up the EFL’s bullshit with no push back.
    We don't, maybe we should be informed about the meeting and what was discussed. 

Edit: Apologies Ali, didn't see the other thread. My eyes hurt.
    Still don't know what was discussed though, the article says nothing new, efl doing nothing. 
  • Options
    I don't understand how someone who doesn’t own the club, can prevent it being sold. I mean, many people have agreed on buying a house and then find out they have been guzumped.

An online check says: Gazumping is legal in England and Wales. This is because an agreement to buy or sell a property is not legally binding until the contracts are written and exchanged. 

In this case, clearly no contracts have been provided so why is this different? Can somebody explain? Does it only apply to properties or any asset?
    The dispute is over ownership. ESI2 say they own the club, with PE keeping it going financially (he says) but the EFL have failed him as OAD (appealed - no time frame).

Meanwhile ESI1 now want to cash in with the new buyer (TS) so they are saying they still own the club (presume they’d prefer to sell to TS for £££000m rather than the £1 they got off PE).

TS can’t buy the club due to the dispute over who the owner is (ESI1 or ESI2). That will hopefully be decided in court in November.  

Injunction in place to prevent sale until then. 

Embargo in place because while ESI2 have not passed OADT, ESI1 have not proven source and sufficiency of funds. EFL are not satisfied with either owner, hence the embargo.
    Great summary.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Just seems so weird to me that this can be allowed to happen.

The two judges sitting there today would’ve known we were fucked on that decision
    Chaisty knows he’s fucking us
    The EFL know Elliot is a crook

And despite all this it’s still in motion. It’s genuinely like they want us to go bust. 
    The case is Panorama vs Lex

Panorama provided no evidence about TS and no evidence that an injunction would be disastrous. The same Panorama that have put nothing into the club and agreed a sale (or sorts) to Lex earlier this year
    Kreamer is a Charlton fan though, so surely she could've said why don't we submit evidence about TS and why don't we submit evidence that an injunction to November fucks us in terms of the transfer window?
  • Options
    Am I to believe that today has not been a good day at the sidings????  In all seriousness though 100% behind you serious questions for EFL, not sure whether TS is the real deal or another chancer?  I guess time will tell, no reaction from him on twitter to today's events?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Just seems so weird to me that this can be allowed to happen.

The two judges sitting there today would’ve known we were fucked on that decision
    Chaisty knows he’s fucking us
    The EFL know Elliot is a crook

And despite all this it’s still in motion. It’s genuinely like they want us to go bust. 
    The case is Panorama vs Lex

Panorama provided no evidence about TS and no evidence that an injunction would be disastrous. The same Panorama that have put nothing into the club and agreed a sale (or sorts) to Lex earlier this year
    Kreamer is a Charlton fan though, so surely she could've said why don't we submit evidence about TS and why don't we submit evidence that an injunction to November fucks us in terms of the transfer window?
    She did submit evidence about an injunction to November screwing us over in terms of the transfer window, but obviously the judges weren't impressed. And she can't force her client to submit anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am a working class boy and have always felt these solicitors, barristers and judges are part of the old boys network. Football is really a working class  passion and they didn't care what happens to football clubs. If they read the papers they know football clubs are disappearing with huge impacts on the local community.  How could PE's character and past business dealings not have been brought up in the case. The old boys network has fucked the working class again for a few individuals to pocket some money. It doesn't seem fair to me and I have lost my faith in the british justice system and it seems the class war is still being raged over there. Just look at Boris and his cronies and the way they scoff and fuck over the working class for their gain. Judge Pearce was a shining light ,with his acknowledgement of the club as a valuable community asset for a while, which has been extinguished by Lewisham and Males with some contempt. 
  • Options
    Bugger. Just have to concentrate on the football now then. This could rumble on well in to the new year. Hopefully Bowyer, and the boys that step up to the senior side, can put a smile back on our faces. COYA
  • Options
    Get that NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE BANNER OUT!
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Bugger. Just have to concentrate on the football now then. This could rumble on well in to the new year. Hopefully Bowyer, and the boys that step up to the senior side, can put a smile back on our faces. COYA
    Let’s hope some of those transfers can wait until the January window 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    YTS1978 said:
    And sales can be blocked with a bit of luck?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    YTS1978 said:
     There will.always be available players just as there always be,I'm sorry to have to say, willing and good managers.

We could well have a fair way further to fall yet
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I don’t know, but it certainly doesn’t seem like there was. 

The page reads as they asked about 4 questions, the EFL didn’t want to comment, and they accepted that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What can they do though? The EFL are a rule unto themselves. They are a joke organisation and prove it all the time.
    They aren't, they are accountable to their members who seem intent on letting others suffer.  It's a case of "I am all right so screw you".  If the 72 clubs told the EFL to sort their house out they would have to.  The fact is enough of the owners are only marginally better than Elliott 
  • Options
    Think the Liar banner would be more appropriate. Just needs an arrow pointing to North West of England this time. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    aliwibble said:

The page reads as they asked about 4 questions, the EFL didn’t want to comment, and they accepted that. 
    What exactly were you expecting? "The EFL refused to comment so @Weegie Addick leapt over the desk and headbutted the Supporter Services Manager, and roared at the Chief Executive "You'll be getting double unless we get some answers out of you, pal!" ?" They can argue that the answers they've been given aren't good enough until they're blue in the face, but if the EFL don't want to say anything, they can't force them to. And it's a waste of both the writer's and the reader's time to detail the multiple futile attempts at getting answers when the end result is the same.

(Apologies for the Glaswegian stereotype Weegie 😄)
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:

What exactly were you expecting? "The EFL refused to comment so @Weegie Addick leapt over the desk and headbutted the Supporter Services Manager, and roared at the Chief Executive "You'll be getting double unless we get some answers out of you, pal!" ?" They can argue that the answers they've been given aren't good enough until they're blue in the face, but if the EFL don't want to say anything, they can't force them to. And it's a waste of both the writer's and the reader's time to detail the multiple futile attempts at getting answers when the end result is the same.

I’m obviously not asking for violence. I just expected a bit more from CAST. A bit like the fans forum meetings, this was nothing more than box ticking. 

You may think it’s a waste of time to publish the actual transcript, but I certainly don’t. I’d be very interested to see exactly what was said. A meeting with EFL happens once in a blue moon. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:

I’m obviously not asking for violence. I just expected a bit more from CAST. A bit like the fans forum meetings, this was nothing more than box ticking. 

You may think it’s a waste of time to publish the actual transcript, but I certainly don’t. I’d be very interested to see exactly what was said. A meeting with EFL happens once in a blue moon. 
    No idea how these things work but based on the EFLs inability to comment on anything I suspect that not producing detailed minutes or a transcript are a condition of even getting a meeting with them
  • Options
    MattF said:
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:

No idea how these things work but based on the EFLs inability to comment on anything I suspect that not producing detailed minutes or a transcript are a condition of even getting a meeting with them
    Quite possibly, but it would be nice for CAST to specify that. 

The club is fucked, we need to get as much as we can into the public domain. 
  • Options
    I can't see the EFL not ruling on PE's appeal before November 23rd. I'm sure Chaisty will be on the case soon. He passes the OADT and proves source of and sustainability of funds and he could be our owner before then. Frightening thought. 
    The report from CAST following meeting with EFL indicates that PE's appeal cannot take place until the third member of the appeals panel is agreed between the parties.  The parties have been unable to agree and there is not time limit under EFL rules for the appeals panel to be set up.

I had assumed the appeal had gone straight to the Tribunal Panel - but no - so even after the appeals panel has been set up and done its job, either party can then challenge the outcome via the Tribunal Panel.  Difference is that the Tribunal operates under the Arbitration Act and in the absence of agreement on the third member within 14 days a professional independent arbitrator steps in.

PE has got us by the short and curlies, a Shylock happy to see us die for his pound of flesh.  
  • Options
    MattF said:
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:

Quite possibly, but it would be nice for CAST to specify that. 

The club is fucked, we need to get as much as we can into the public domain. 
    I agree, it wouldn't take much for them to tell us how hard they pushed to get some proper answers. Especially as it sounds like more direct protest action was put off to allow this meeting to go ahead.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Football is rotten to the core.
    My sentiments exactly. 
  • Options
    Any Charlton fans working for a certain Her Majesty's... ? There's a name that's worth some digging following todays events..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!