Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Genuinely expected it to go in our favor with the evidence provided and expanded on, unfortunately someone forgot to provide any.

Oddly enough, not shocked by the outcome, like the original hearing Chaisty leaned on Mihail being a bit sh!t as a lawyer at which point it seemed like it was only going to end badly, a glimmer of hope from LK but sadly let down in the end.

I dont have any legal knowledge but my missus is a lawyer, completely different field to this (and country!) and have been in her ear while the whole thing goes on, I always thought the standing in front of a judge and jury putting on a show was ott Hollywood but no, apparently not. Chaisty was ruthless, focused on Mihail and drove home his points repeatedly and cast doubt over Mihail's ability and that was very much taken into consideration.

In football terms, LD were bastards doing what had to be done to get the 3 points. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I do wonder whether the lack of engagement from PM is down to the fact that they believe the deal/loophole TS has found is sound and renders the whole process moot.

No point going off at the deep end, wait until the key player in this has his say.

As for the people saying LK is culpable, what a fucking joke. Even the judge acknowledged that she had been hung out to dry and that she did a good job in the circumstances. What is she supposed to do if she has radio silence from TN and MM? She can hardly phone the court and say she isn't coming.....
    I am not competent to judge her performance either way. Presumably though, in preparing for today she must have counselled PM and their solicitors on the pros and cons of not being prepared to provide more details of a potential imminent sale, notwithstanding any NDAs.
    What sale? If Rolly has repossessed CAFC Ltd EIS are not selling anything.
    Assuming that has indeed actually happened.
  • Options

@Covered End I'm sure you're a lovely fella and all but can you please post just the text from Tweets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still confused 😕 
    Does this mean the embargo stays in place untill Nov hearing??
    The embargo stays in place until an owner passes the ODT tests & provides sufficiency & source of funds to run the club for 2 years. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Yeah imagine people believing everything that someone tells them. Like "its a done deal". What idiots
  • Options
    TS has just cancelled all tickets he has got for Atlantic crossings for the foreseeable future.
    Why write this? What does it add? A load of pessimistic, shit-stirring nonsense.

TS has said today's hearing had no impact on his takeover. Either call him out as a liar and provide supporting evidence or say nothing.
    Geez calm down. 

This thread is full of shit, the court case was shit, our immediate future looks shit. 

And I'm feeling shit at the moment. 

• Options
    It amuses me that Fans4Fans/Dodger/NLA are all about coming together as a fanbase, but they soon turn on people outside their group when things go wrong. Funny that.
    With the greatest respect, it could equally be asked on your agenda, as you have only emerged on here since this has started and seem to have an for stirring these internal divisions (just an observation). 

Theres a hell of a lot of side showing going on. Ultimately this now boils down to 4 parties, ESI 1 and 2, Roland and Sandgaard. Any ‘insider knowledge’ is directly or indirectly stemmed from some angle of this.

Painful as it is we’ve just got to let this ride out and not give so much scrutiny on what third party fan said what. 
  • Options
    NLA having a full meltdown on twitter. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Scoham said:

Doesn’t even make sense.

Its all come crashing down and now people are looking for a get out.
    I think he may be saying that taking sides with Nimer was the wrong course of action. That seems to be correct tbf, although he neglects to say that Southall was as big a crook. 

We have been guilty of doing the same in this hearing. We take the side of the crook who we think will sell to a decent owner, but they are both crooks. 

If you do want to argue one of these low lifes is the worst, Nimer makes a strong case as none of this would have happened without him. All this crap about how bad Southall was and how he was obstructing his EFL application! If this bastard is operating any legitimate businesses on behalf of the Abu Dhabi Royal family, he needs taking down.

What we shouldn't do is try to play one crook off as not being so bad, Southall, Elliot(t), Farnell and Nimer. They are all cnuts. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Redrobo said:
    I do wonder whether the lack of engagement from PM is down to the fact that they believe the deal/loophole TS has found is sound and renders the whole process moot.

No point going off at the deep end, wait until the key player in this has his say.

As for the people saying LK is culpable, what a fucking joke. Even the judge acknowledged that she had been hung out to dry and that she did a good job in the circumstances. What is she supposed to do if she has radio silence from TN and MM? She can hardly phone the court and say she isn't coming.....
    I am not competent to judge her performance either way. Presumably though, in preparing for today she must have counselled PM and their solicitors on the pros and cons of not being prepared to provide more details of a potential imminent sale, notwithstanding any NDAs.
    What sale? IF Rolly has repossessed CAFC Ltd EIS are not selling anything.
    Unfortunately until we hear differently, that is a very big "if". 
  • Options
    Genuinely expected it to go in our favor with the evidence provided and expanded on, unfortunately someone forgot to provide any.

Oddly enough, not shocked by the outcome, like the original hearing Chaisty leaned on Mihail being a bit sh!t as a lawyer at which point it seemed like it was only going to end badly, a glimmer of hope from LK but sadly let down in the end.

I dont have any legal knowledge but my missus is a lawyer, completely different field to this (and country!) and have been in her ear while the whole thing goes on, I always thought the standing in front of a judge and jury putting on a show was ott Hollywood but no, apparently not. Chaisty was ruthless, focused on Mihail and drove home his points repeatedly and cast doubt over Mihail's ability and that was very much taken into consideration.

In football terms, LD were bastards doing what had to be done to get the 3 points. 
    Panorama can't say that an injunction until November would be a disaster without giving evidence, and that was the key issue. Gallen not being able to sign some defenders isn't relevant in terms of the court case, it seemed pretty weak to rely on the comments of a "football man" in a case like this.

In reality I suspect the club will survive until the court case, especially if we sold Dillon for £1m say. 
  • Options
    There's a lot of clutching on straws in this thread. I'm sorry all but it's November now.
    No it's not. 

Elliott may choose to rescind the injunction if someone greases his palms. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The best legal team won. Anyone still think it makes no difference?
    It does if your evidence is wrong & half of it wasn't produced. 
    Tends to happen to those without a pot to p!55 in
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Redrobo said:

Unfortunately until we differently, that is a very big "if". 
    I fear it is a non existent option. But until the man TS says otherwise... or completes the deal we cannot know. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Funny how the 'unity' and fans should work together talk from NLA has disappeared as soon as the judgement came in, and instead seems to be throw everyone possible under the bus.
    Yup, it’s a disappointing day as it is for everyone, without descending into that kind of game. We all know that Roland and ESI1/2 are the culprits of everything that’s led to today. 

No need to be on Twitter playing I told you so games and pointing fingers at people not in one of the above mentioned groups. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    There's a lot of clutching on straws in this thread. I'm sorry all but it's November now.

ESI2 will almost certainly win in November. There's no way PE would have fought for his day in court with a weak case. Chaisty et al will have advised him very firmly on that. Not sure we will make it to November though.
    He would if it got him out of the legal costs from the first hearing.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I think people need to let go of the idea of TS swooping in and saving the day.

It’s clear that a lot of what is leaked to the “ITKers” comes from Mihail and Southall and we’ve seen first hand how reliable they both are.

There is no “done deal” behind the scenes, it was all a smoke screen and LD have called TS’ bluff.

TS either pays them off or we hope and pray we make it to November and our luck changes.

The harsh reality. 
  • Options
    What did we do to deserve this? 
    Absolutely painful. In every sense. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Unfortunately until we differently, that is a very big "if". 
    It is why my IF is in capitals. Surprised you didn’t 😉
  • Options
    Problem is now that the crook PE has TS over a barrel. PE has no inclination to run the club and especially with the lack of goodwill from the fans however he is a crook and will blackmail TS to a point where I am afraid he will walk away. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I’m really confused - based on the undisputed evidence in court today have we been backing the wrong horse? Surely if Elliott has (somehow) been funding the club financially for the past however long and PM/Nimer/whoever haven’t put a penny in, shouldn’t we want LD to win and then they do a deal with Sandgaard?

**those are genuine questions btw**
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!