Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Honestly I think the only options are 

A - Pay off whoever needs paying off to get the injunction dropped (blackmail IMO, that has been enabled by MM's failings)

B - The loophole (Which I don't think exists)

Administration is the Kamikaze option. It risks everything and should be a treated as such...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ross1 said:

I've got to say that this mess all started back in January. ESI did a deal for the football club - and Roland let them have it - fully understanding they had no agreement from the EFL. And the EFL were absolutely right to put those blocks in place.
    If the bloody EFL had gone public & we'd known about it at he time it wouldnt  have got this far. We would have hounded ESI out well before now.

I put the blame squarely at their door.

maybe...……...but how hard have we, as a club and our lawyers, tried to get EFL to see the risks and support us. We just don't know, do we. However, let's face it, if you or I could save our kid from going to prison, we would turn over every single stone possible to get the best outcome. Our mob seem clueless all round, frankly.
  • Options
    The next 45 minutes will be crucial.
  • Options
    Not ITK at all, but this could be what's happening:

TS has a deal to buy the club with ESI and Roland. He's also agreed an amount to pay off PE (he originally offered PE his money back and got turned down, presumably negotiations didn't just stop there).

Up until the court hearing was decided it was unknown which one of the following he needed to do:
    1) Pay ESI1 £1 + court costs, RD £Xm for the valley+training ground
    2) Same as 1, plus £x to PE to make him go away

There's no way TS would have wanted to pay PE more than the £500k he put in before the court confirming it was the only way to get the deal done.

Would also explain why the EFL has been a hold up. TS could say to them I have these 2 deals set up and I'll know which is happening on Thursday, can you approve the deal now, and the EFL wanted to approve a deal that was definitely happening, not a range of possible deals.
  • Options
    If TS buys from Roland then PE has to cough up the wages and rent?.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

A - Pay off whoever needs paying off to get the injunction dropped (blackmail IMO, that has been enabled by MM's failings)

Question is how much will Sandgaard pay and how little would ESI1 accept.
    Let's say 6m is the ballpark figure, 5m of which would've gone to Nimer. If it's now a £3m and £3m split, Elliott may believe there are more than £3m worth of assets to take out of the club should the trial be successful in November.  It's a risk but if two high court judges think he has a case, he's going to be feeling very confident. If it ends up being a £5m to £1m, I doubt Nimer will be splitting that £1m amongst him, Florica, Mihail and any other wanker involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vfrf said:

Dazzler21 said:

Let's say 6m is the ballpark figure, 5m of which would've gone to Nimer. If it's now a £3m and £3m split, Elliott may believe there are more than £3m worth of assets to take out of the club should the trial be successful in November.  It's a risk but if two high court judges think he has a case, he's going to be feeling very confident. If it ends up being a £5m to £1m, I doubt Nimer will be splitting that £1m amongst him, Florica, Mihail and any other wanker involved.
    ESI1 have a SPA with ESI2 for £1. I would suggest they'll find it very hard to get more than that out of anybody
  • Options
    Not ITK at all, but this could be what's happening:

TS has a deal to buy the club with ESI and Roland. He's also agreed an amount to pay off PE (he originally offered PE his money back and got turned down, presumably negotiations didn't just stop there).

Up until the court hearing was decided it was unknown which one of the following he needed to do:
    1) Pay ESI1 £1 + court costs, RD £Xm for the valley+training ground
    2) Same as 1, plus £x to PE to make him go away

There's no way TS would have wanted to pay PE more than the £500k he put in before the court confirming it was the only way to get the deal done.

Would also explain why the EFL has been a hold up. TS could say to them I have these 2 deals set up and I'll know which is happening on Thursday, can you approve the deal now, and the EFL wanted to approve a deal that was definitely happening, not a range of possible deals.

I'd love you to be right but I think you are clutching mate.
  • Options
    Pressumably PE now has something to fight for. If TS was going to give millions to Roland then won’t PE just demand a ridiculously big fee to drop the case? 
  • Options
    Just a thought, but if the assets are included, what's to stop Thomas buying the assets and calling in the debt himself? 
    Reverts back to him by default.

• Options
    I'm still confused 😕 
    Does this mean the embargo stays in place untill Nov hearing??

Yes, unless either Sandgaard's takeover is approved by the EFL or Elliott is approved under OADT after his appeal is successful. Even then with the second option Elliott would also need to prove source of funds as well, which is what tripped Nimer up previously
  • Options
    There's a lot of clutching on straws in this thread. I'm sorry all but it's November now.
  • Options
    Jack Wilshere injured himself after being spotted running as far from this mess of a Club as he could
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to try a put this into perspective. Everyone knew there was a good possibility this was gonna happen, probably most of all TS (as advised by Freshfields). As long as he ain't officially pulled out, there is still got a be hope
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Vfrf said:

Dazzler21 said:

I'd argue that so long as Panorama and LD get paid, it shouldn't matter to TS how they split it, if at all to the 'directors'
  • Options
    It’s all just beyond me, that a football club can be used as leverage to extract as much money as possible ... 

honestly these people deserve the worst human experiences the imagination can conjour ... 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Ben Watson just sped off from the training ground ;-)
    Bad news is he ran Gilbey, Bonne and Williams over on the way out. All out for the season now. Doesn’t matter, with got 5 others coming in. 
  • Options
    What's to stop Thomas buying Staprix then calling in the debt?
  • Options
    There's a lot of clutching on straws in this thread. I'm sorry all but it's November now.

ESI2 will almost certainly win in November. There's no way PE would have fought for his day in court with a weak case. Chaisty et al will have advised him very firmly on that. Not sure we will make it to November though.
  • Options
    If TS is still positive today then I think we'll be fine. Because he must have something up his sleeve. 
    He said it made no difference, so let's see. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!