Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

the saddest thing of all is having heard the evidence I don’t see how they could have found another verdict. 
    Agree. It feels to me that PM's legal team were reliant on the Appeal Judges only overturning Pearce's decision on an error of law, whereas they considered all the evidence again and came up with a different answer. "We" failed to provide evidence of an imminent sale and we failed to evidence the damage a continued injunction would do. On top of that, the judges clearly signalled the possibility of sale proceeds being frozen pending the outcome of the November trial, and we let that get away. Very poor.

I think LK's opening statements demonstrated this.

I don't think the Appeal Court judges would be in a position to impose the escrow account scenario. That wasn't their job. Their job was to decide whether or not to grant an injunction based on the evidence.

I'm quite surprised, unless I missed something, that when the embargo was discussed it purely mentioned that it was put into place under PM, LK didn't bring up the issue that the embargo was still in place due to a failure to provide proof of funding by LM.

As many have said, it did seem a poor performance today by LM.

A last minute winner, overturned by VAR, even after extra time and hammered in the penalty shootout.

Bollocks!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    For those that chat in private to MM, I’d like an  explanation as to why his statement/evidence used today was so poor, and left LK with hardly anything physical to use in her defence. 

I understand if there’s an NDA applied to TS takeover, but there must have been something physical that MM could have prepared to win the case. 
    There is no point speaking to Mihail, the guy is as incompetent as the rest of the ESI conmen, both v1 and v2.
    The judge used MM evidence as one of the reasons the injunction was granted today, so I’d say there’s a big reason for speaking to him. Just because he’s incompetent, doesn’t mean he can’t be asked why his provided  evidence was amateur. 
    Sorry, I'll elaborate, he can be asked, but I'm not sure what he has to say can be taken as anything other than more bullshit and bluster.
  • Options
    NLAs latest tweet about an hour ago. Mentions the EFL board meeting is today.

• Options
    WSS said:
    People talking about an evidence of a sale to TS, there isn’t any is there?

By all accounts, TS is dealing with Roland, not PM.
    Good point, I hope.
  • Options
    I'd take admin and losing everything to get these pricks out of the club. Can't see the EFL approving TS until after the court case, we'll likely go bust before then. 
    At least we have three points in the bin already
  • Options
    For those that chat in private to MM, I’d like an  explanation as to why his statement/evidence used today was so poor, and left LK with hardly anything physical to use in her defence. 

I understand if there’s an NDA applied to TS takeover, but there must have been something physical that MM could have prepared to win the case. 
    There is no point speaking to Mihail, the guy is as incompetent as the rest of the ESI conmen, both v1 and v2.
    The judge used MM evidence as one of the reasons the injunction was granted today, so I’d say there’s a big reason for speaking to him. Just because he’s incompetent, doesn’t mean he can’t be asked why his provided  evidence was amateur. 
    Because hes a cnut
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Just seems so weird to me that this can be allowed to happen.

The two judges sitting there today would’ve known we were fucked on that decision
    Chaisty knows he’s fucking us
    The EFL know Elliot is a crook

And despite all this it’s still in motion. It’s genuinely like they want us to go bust. 

No, you are wrong about the judges. They DON'T know we would be 'F@cke'd BECAUSE WE NEVER PRESENTED ANY BLOODY EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THAT!!!! How is that possible?????? Only if TS DOES have this all sewn up anyway. Otherwise, it's complete incompetence.

Anybody can see that MM's non-specific, generalisations about what MIGHT happen were completely without any evidence or foundation. This is why I was so gobsmacked when Judge Pearce ruled in our favour initially. He absolutely was wrong to do so and, therefore, the decision today makes complete and utter sense.

• Options
    So is Panorama in for all the costs,if so good luck with that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

I've got to say that this mess all started back in January. ESI did a deal for the football club - and Roland let them have it - fully understanding they had no agreement from the EFL. And the EFL were absolutely right to put those blocks in place.
    If the bloody EFL had gone public & we'd known about it at he time it wouldnt  have got this far. We would have hounded ESI out well before now.

I put the blame squarely at their door.
  • Options
    As it stands, the EFL have absolutely shafted us.

Crooks are going to be crooks; it is to be expected.  What is not to be expected is those who could oppose what they are doing sitting idly by and watching them destroy the club that we all love.

Fuming.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

The two judges sitting there today would’ve known we were fucked on that decision

And despite all this it’s still in motion. It’s genuinely like they want us to go bust. 
    The case is Panorama vs Lex

Panorama provided no evidence about TS and no evidence that an injunction would be disastrous. The same Panorama that have put nothing into the club and agreed a sale (or sorts) to Lex earlier this year
  • Options
    Maybe Panorama got a little extra cash due to TS deal with RD so don't care to much about the court costs?????

Maybe.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Our future is on a knife edge now. If the embargo can not be lifted, we are in a dangerous position. 

TS I believe to still be intent on taking us on, I do not believe there to be another deal in place either.

Can Elliott rescind his injunction request?

……………...I agree. It's just a shame that our defence didn't see it the same way you and I do and …….BUILT A BLOODY CASE AROUND IT!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

The Judges said that there wasn't any credible evidence put forward that the club would suffer further if an injunction was granted.
    Also that Judge Pearce had based his initial ruling on questionable evidence that was based on hypotheticals from MM.
  • Options
    One of the key questions, to my mind, is whether the EFL would approve any takeover while this case is ongoing. If the answer is no, it would give us slightly more clarity on things.
  • Options
    Maybe Panorama got a little extra cash due to TS deal with RD so don't care to much about the court costs?????

Maybe.
    Can't be the biggest surprise how useless Panorama were.
  • Options
    wwaddick said:
    I'd take admin and losing everything to get these pricks out of the club. Can't see the EFL approving TS until after the court case, we'll likely go bust before then. 
    At least we have three points in the bin already
    Knowing our luck the EFL will take those away from us in addition to any points deduction!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I s'pose we have to remember that PM are not the good guys here.  This is all about two warring gangs and the filthy lucre they hope to make.  The only truly innocent here is the football club and the community it serves.  
    The club are expendable sadly - this is solely about money. 
  • Options
    The difference was having "Chaisty" in your corner, Lauren did well of course, but nothing counts more than having experience in these type of cases.
  • Options
    TS has just cancelled all tickets he has got for Atlantic crossings for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    Still slightly baffled how we can pay for the players Bowyer had lined up anyway, seeing that many were agreed before TS turned up. I'm really confused by the state of our finances at the moment, who has out in what and how long we can last for
  • Options
    I do wonder whether the lack of engagement from PM is down to the fact that they believe the deal/loophole TS has found is sound and renders the whole process moot.

No point going off at the deep end, wait until the key player in this has his say.

As for the people saying LK is culpable, what a fucking joke. Even the judge acknowledged that she had been hung out to dry and that she did a good job in the circumstances. What is she supposed to do if she has radio silence from TN and MM? She can hardly phone the court and say she isn't coming.....
    I am not competent to judge her performance either way. Presumably though, in preparing for today she must have counselled PM and their solicitors on the pros and cons of not being prepared to provide more details of a potential imminent sale, notwithstanding any NDAs.
  • Options
    The theme of this whole saga is that nothing ever changes. Yesterday there was an injunction. Tomorrow there's still an injunction. Always a lot of talk but never any action.
    It's time something changed and the way I see it, only the EFL can bring that about. They must rule without further delay on Elliott's appeal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!