Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Where's ross1 when you need him ?
    I am trying to keep up with all the comments
  • Options
    Seems a lot of irrelevant comments in court when it all boils down to what the contract between ESI and PE says, a contract none of us have seen
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    aliwibble said:
    Chaisty says contract to sell is signed and not in dispute. Drag along provisions re Southall activated in May.
    Can anyone explain this in simple English for me please
    Lawyer saying that contracts were signed in May and as the terms of ESI, if Panaroma Magic (Nimer) agrees to sell his shares, Southall must do the same for the same price of the value of his 35%.
    But if the contracts were signed in May, why have we not been sold by September?
    Exactly 
  • Options
    Chaisty's is just going over the obvious point that a cntract has been broken, which I think everyone would have known already. If there ain't anything else in his armoury, reckon LK might do a job here. No?
  • Options

We're getting into some very detailed legal chat over the "construction" of the agreement
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

What is going on?  Can someone summarise please so I don't have to read the previous 17 pages of this thread

Absolutely nothing, typical Charlton never kick off on time. 
    The kids with the flags are still walking round the court.
  • Options
    Mihail said deal was on certain conditions.

No dates ever set. Poorly constructed agreement.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    If the contracts were signed in May, then Farnell was acting as lawyer for Nimer, while, at the same time, being a Director of the company to which the shares were scheduled to be sold.  I think. 
    Definitely. 
  • Options
    Chaisty doesn't feel judge can make proper call on the case without a deeper dive into it. Sounds as if they aren't looking to get this concluded today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NO way Elliotttt loses this unfortunately
  • Options
    Mihail said deal was on certain conditions.

No dates ever set. Poorly constructed agreement.
    Almost like it was put together by a shoddy solicitor...
  • Options
    So we want this answered and dealt with quickly, yet dont want this answered and dealt with quickly!!
  • Options
    Finally got in 10 minutes ago. Don't understand any of it.
  • Options
    Is there a fat lad warming up to do the crossbar challenge?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    If the contracts were signed in May, then Farnell was acting as lawyer for Nimer, while, at the same time, being a Director of the company to which the shares were scheduled to be sold.  I think. 
    If LK has all this, would it be relevant to this case?
  • Options
    Wants to wait for appeal to EFL to reach its conclusion.
  • Options
    Chaisty: the EFL said on Aug 7th that the agreement was not conditional (as Mihail asserts) and that Elliott's application was rejected due to claims he mislead the EFL. #cafc #SaveCAFC
  • Options
    They've got us tied in knots.
  • Options
    Chaisty doesn't feel judge can make proper call on the case without a deeper dive into it. Sounds as if they aren't looking to get this concluded today.
    In other words  he is arguing that the judge should issue an interim injunction to prevent sale for now and schedule a longer hearing to consider merits properly later this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The EFL will obviously play a significant part. They need to do with the Directors test ASAP. It's quite clear if he is rejected then Elliott will have no choice but to feck off. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t sound like it’s going well
  • Options
    If defendant is now arguing that there was a requirement for the EFL approval to be in place at completion then Nimer had no business allowing Elliott put money into the club subsequently, says Chaisty.
  • Options
    They've got us tied in knots.
     They've got themselves tied in knots.

Nothing to do with us.
    Except our football club will waste away.
  • Options
    Chaisty: This is an application for an interim injunction where we say at the very least there is a serious issue with the construction of the agreement
  • Options
    Only heard one side of it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!