Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Options
    Judge has just put a black cap on top of his wig what does this mean?.
    Must be a millwall fan.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Chaisty says the EFL letter of August 7th deals with Elliott and insists the sale and purchase agreement not conditional. Mihail provided statement to EFL that sale was complete on June 8th.
     Mihail wrote to EFL confirming the club was sold to Elliot.
  • Options
    The only thing that Elliot has is the money thing... however, if I put money into a bank account that isn’t owned by me, then what right do I have to that money? 
    Transfer £5k into my account and I’ll answer your question
  • Options
    MM's scored more own goals that Stewart Balmer.

Michael Morrison?
  • Options
    Looking for a trial in a couple of weeks best case scenario
  • Options
    Judge asking how long QC would take to be ready for trial. So probably leaning towards granting the injunction. 
  • Options
    The only thing that Elliot has is the money thing... however, if I put money into a bank account that isn’t owned by me, then what right do I have to that money? 
    Depends if the account holder has given you third party signing authority 😉.
  • Options
    Mihail has been demolished for inconsistency in these opening arguments. Though Chaisty is alternately rubbishing him then using other statements he's made. MM is all over the place with his unsubstantive and vague submissions.
  • Options
    Chaisty says expedited trial could lead to very quick resolution, subject to court availability. November mentioned!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Judge questioning the need for a trial.
  • Options
    Chaisty referencing documentation that shows Mihail - acting on behalf of Nimer - on June 8 had supplied confirmation on club headed notepaper that Panorama had sold their shares to Elliott.
    Did he say Mihail said that?  Not sure.
  • Options
    Fair enough let it go to trial as Nimer v Elliott but hopefully the judge will see that as a separate issue and allow the sale of the club which is ultimately all we care about
    Similar to the Bolton case last year
  • Options
    It would have been helpful if EFL had decided the appeals by now though. That is if the appeals failed.
  • Options
    Chaisty says expedited trial could lead to very quick resolution, subject to court availability. November mentioned!
    Bloody hell
  • Options
    Judge talking about speedy pleadings for a full hearing.
  • Options
    My guess is judge will not grant injunction, but will direct that there is nothing to stop Elliot pursuing TN / Panorama Magic / ESI through the courts to recover any money put in and any costs / damages.
    This! Exactly what I want and think will happen.
    Is this a reasonable outcome that could happen?

Best news for CAFC if so
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Judge asking how long QC would take to be ready for trial. So probably leaning towards granting the injunction. 
    Getting that out of the way while he is up.
  • Options
    They have an agreement from May, and we've got to September without them buying, yet they would have us believe the sale wasn't conditional on EFL approval. So what the hell is the hold up? The agreement should clearly have had a time limit, but Elliot(t) is going to have to work very hard to convince the judge he has suffered harm when he couldn't pull his finger out and get the purchased completed within 4 months. Elliot(t)'s lawyer is litterally arguing that there is no reason for the hold up other than Elliot(t) no being bothered to get it done, and now upset that somebody else is willing to get it done.
    Farnell has said many times that the purchase was on condition on PE passing the EFL tests. 
    Yes he has, but PE's lawyer has just contradicted that. If PE bought the club on June 8th then he has broken the law by not updating companies' house. There is no conceivable reason that CH wasn't updated other than that they didn't buy the shared on June 8th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chaisty: Elliott has an appeal pending with the EFL
  • Options
    'weeks not months'
  • Options
    oh-oh, the judge seems to be exploring the practicalities of when/how a trial would happen - that doesn't bode very well!
  • Options
    Surely this is just Elliot trying to get a pay off/bigger pay off - he can’t seriously still want the club even if he ‘owned’ it in the first place
  • Options

Judge asks what Chaisty hopes to achieve with a trial... Chaisty: With goodwill on both sides, a quick resolution (not quite sure that answers the question). Adds that there's a court space in November. Chaisty: "We're talking weeks not months"
  • Options
    I thought there weren't such thing as a water tight contract anymore

What about if Farnelliott has told Chaisty to go for getting temp injuction, so he can go for a higher payoff in the next couple of days? Slimey c*** 
  • Options
    1We don't know the terms of the agreement it sounds to me that Elliott has a good chance unless the contract (a) it had a time limit which has expired (too black and white, doubt it is that) or (b) conditions precedent to the sale which have not or cannot be satisfied by ESI2 (e.g. EFL approval) or (c) the agreement has been voided by the actions of one or other party. (b) and (c) will be likely areas for dispute

I find it hard to believe Elliot of ESI2 put money into the club without taking any equity or as a loan. Why woudl anyone do that? 
  • Options
    How much was Nimer charging Elliott for the club??? Was it a £?

A trial is not good news and Elliott knows this... If he wins that god knows what he'll try to charge TS to buy the club!

This is awful and very worrying. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!