Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fox Sh*t

Comments

• Options
    Cheap pepper from Sainsburys seems to do the trick for us. It is, I admit a bit cruel, but it has solved the problem and the grass has never looked better. We put that down all over the front lawn for a few weeks and we haven't had any fox, cat or dog turd since. 
    Next though has experienced an increase.

As an aside, I've never understood why people feed wild animals. As far as I'm concerned it probably does more harm than good for a variety of good reasons. 
    Black or white pepper? we have a problem as well with them digging up plants.
    I dont think it really matters and the foxes certainly wont thank for the quality of the product.
     We use the course ground stuff, it tends to stay where you put it and if our pepper mill runs out, we can sub off the foxes supply.

• Options
    Once saw a cat trolling a fox, trotting along the road behind it batting it's tail.

Love wildlife, but exhausted my patience with the fox poo on the drive.
    Had mixed results with citronella spray and it works out costly. Will now try pepper thanks to the advice on here.
  • Options
    pepper is step one. get a  1Kg bag of hot chilli powder from an indian/chinese supermarket. spread liberally on pavements and areas where they enter the garden. They get the message very quickly. works on the fecking squirrels as well. one bag will last for months. just dont go for a pee until youve washed your hands.
  • Options
    We've had the same problem mate, the poxy things shit everywhere. One of them even managed to crimp one off on top of our garden wall.

I've been spreading piss where they like going most, which seems to have stopped them. I do it in a bottle first and don't just walk about pissing in the garden.
    It’s the school playing field at the back of our houses that’s the problem. There’s an old disused building and I’ve seen them going in and out of that. I Pee in an old milk every day and go and spread it about in the alley at the back. For the front I use my latest cologne 

• Options
    Didn't think Morgan was that bad. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    We've had the same problem mate, the poxy things shit everywhere. One of them even managed to crimp one off on top of our garden wall.

I've been spreading piss where they like going most, which seems to have stopped them. I do it in a bottle first and don't just walk about pissing in the garden.
    It’s the school playing field at the back of our houses that’s the problem. There’s an old disused building and I’ve seen them going in and out of that. I Pee in an old milk every day and go and spread it about in the alley at the back. For the front I use my latest cologne 

Yeah, I’ve seen them out there mate. The strange thing is, we never got them all the time we had ducks.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think I’m right in saying that if you piss (human) around the area on fences etc that it drives the foxes away. 
  • Options
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I think I’m right in saying that if you piss (human) around the area on fences etc that it drives the foxes away. 
    For the sake of community relations, would you care to define the area referred to in "around the area on fences"?

Does it extend beyond the relevant cul de sac?
  • Options

And the neighbours!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I knew I shouldnt have read this thread yesterday and think to myself we havent had foxes in ages.

The Petts Wood Foxes Association held their AGM in our garden last night about 3:40am.

Only when I thought to look back at the cameras, did I see our 18 year old cat Gangsta stick up for her turf about 3am

https://youtu.be/XdW3wUEeimg

She must have got bored playing with them as by 3:40am, two of the adults were chilling on the lawn...

(excuse the shocking mess on my patio!)

My cat used to do that.  Now he just hangs with them, picking up fleas and mange mits.  Little black and white twat.

I second the cheap ground black pepper and also use urine on the boundaries.  Not always succesful but does discourage spikes in foul fox faeces.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cheap pepper from Sainsburys seems to do the trick for us. It is, I admit a bit cruel, but it has solved the problem and the grass has never looked better. We put that down all over the front lawn for a few weeks and we haven't had any fox, cat or dog turd since. 

As an aside, I've never understood why people feed wild animals. As far as I'm concerned it probably does more harm than good for a variety of good reasons. 
    I think a lot of people see foxes as their wild pets. The fox will prefer an easy meal too a hard one. My mother in law used to put their Sunday roast left overs down and the fox was there to collect it as soon as she turned her back.

I know they can be a nuisance but they are a magnificent creature.
  • Options
    Foxes are scabby shitty flea ridden pests in an inner city location only tolerated because of glamourisatiin by the likes of Ronald Dahl in Fantastic Mr Fox.

Fortunately although there is a den two doors down from us and the next door neighbour has all sorts of issues, they won’t come in our garden because of the dogs, 

Don’t think either dog would know what the fuck to do with a fox if it did ramp in but I think the smell of the dogs, their territory marking is strong enough to put the foxes right off.
  • Options
    When foxy leaves you a gooey mess on your doorstep I find the best way to deal with it is to poor boiling water on the mess. Of course then you get the full stink! Then pour your cleaning fluid, like CIF, over it with more water and then it dissipates ready to sweep away.
    Of course there is no easy answer for fox shit on the lawn! Just have to scoop it up as best you can I suppose.
    My cat is scared of the foxes but the local Bengali moggy chases them away. It's an extraordinary sight!
  • Options
    Bengal cats are evil although very cute things to look at. Someone near me has one of them and it has had a pop at me and our cats. Beat the shit out of one of them but lost by technical decision to the other one and was chased off never to return 

Until it bit me when I was cutting back a comfier it was chilling/hiding in
  • Options
    When foxy leaves you a gooey mess on your doorstep I find the best way to deal with it is to poor boiling water on the mess. Of course then you get the full stink! Then pour your cleaning fluid, like CIF, over it with more water and then it dissipates ready to sweep away.
    Of course there is no easy answer for fox shit on the lawn! Just have to scoop it up as best you can I suppose.
    My cat is scared of the foxes but the local Bengali moggy chases them away. It's an extraordinary sight!
    Easy for you to say.
    You are a wolf 
  • Options

Is this freshly ground or an inferior pre ground pepper. White or black peppercorns or the grinder with all colours ?
  • Options

Is this freshly ground or an inferior pre ground pepper. White or black peppercorns or the grinder with all colours ?
    Certainly not freshly ground, I’d look a weirdo in the garden with pepper mill. 
    I prefer black but the foxes haven’t expressed a preference.  
  • Options

Certainly not freshly ground, I’d look a weirdo in the garden with pepper mill. 
    I prefer black but the foxes haven’t expressed a preference.  
    Sainsbury’s or Waitrose?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is just the thing...

• Options
    Just the FIVE lots of sh*t & maggots picked up this morning to go with the three yesterday.

More pepper than a Mexican restaurant will be going down this week 
  • Options
    We're getting fox shit, plus they keep digging holes in the grass and plant pots.
  • Options
    We're getting fox shit, plus they keep digging holes in the grass and plant pots.
    What sort of plants are they potting?
  • Options
    Just the FIVE lots of sh*t & maggots picked up this morning to go with the three yesterday.

I lied. Seven :-( 
  • Options

I lied. Seven :-( 
    Go to an Indian or south east Asian wholesalers. Thats where I buy sriracha sauce from and they sell mass quantities of white salt and pepper for not a lot of money 

Foxes, cats, dogs all hate pepper. 

If you have an air rifle or projectile launching device such as a catapult you could use this on foxy as they won't use a route on which they were harmed or confronted. I'm not into shooting animals but it's a legal option if your hatred has reached the levels necessary not to care 

Go for piss and pepper, lots of both 
  • Options
    What sort of plants are they potting?
    Pretty much everything mate, I'm just the pooper scooper, I leave the plants for the wife, or was that a whoosh 🤔
  • Options
    Next time I’m in London I could pop round with which ever dogs in the car and let them have 10 minutes in your garden. They won’t do much good to your manicured lawns at Bartram Towers though. 
  • Options
    Carter states that foxes , cats, dogs all hate pepper.

Anyone know if it's the same for badgers ?

Daughter's family having real problems with these b*ggers  recently. 

Lawns being ruined and HUGE piles of black, smelly poo left as a calling card  as apparently they  use a communal "loo".....

When I first came across the pile, I honestly thought an escaped lion or tiger had visited the area !

They have on going problems with moles too but these are dealt with by a local guy whose name is extremely apt.....

Adrian !
  • Options
    Air gun is most definitely not an option.  You're unlikely to kill a fox, but end up injuring it and leading to it getting a serious infection.  If you keep chickens, ducks etc I can understand if you have to use a shotgun on them but airgun is not an option.