Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fox Sh*t

13»

Comments

• I live in a terraced house so maybe it will be different with semi and detached houses. The first thing I did was block entrance to the garden at ground level. The next thing I did was extend the hight of all 3 fences by about 18 or 20 inches using thin wire chicken coop type fencing. Most of it is grown over by bushes and other vegetation now so doesn’t look as unsightly as you may think. Make sure the extension is not too rigid. It is the instability that is the main issue for the fox (I think). I also cut the top horizontal wire off so it is spiked. It just makes it more hassle for the foxes to get over. They will do at first but after a while they will just use other gardens rather than yours. Every few nights I hear 2 or 3 foxes creating a real commotion fighting and traversing several gardens either side and behind mine but only seen evidence of entry into my garden 2 or 3 times over the last 3 years. Neighbourhood cats were a frequent visitors to my garden, which never bothered me, but now if I see a cat in the garden more than once a year it is a real shock.
  • If you don’t have dogs, Foxwatch ultrasonic devices worked a treat for me. Depends on garden size, but broadly put one on each corner and they will hate it as they can’t stand the noise it emits (silent to us) and not come in