Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Lockdown Capacity

As from 3rd October 2020, The Valley capacity will be limited to 8,200.

Priority given to ST holders.

Comments

• Options
    the east stand seems the safest place to be, open concourses a much better bet 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Also 2 different entrances & exits. 

They will have to open the JImmy Seed end toilets though. The ones inbetween blocks A&B have been shut for a couple of years. Might even find Cory Gibbs in one of the cubicles.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Not if Chucks Aneke is in the team and has a shot on goal. 
    Chucks might read this forum, you could have hurt his feelings.

upon reflection, there is more chance of him spraining his wrist trying to log on and missing 9 games through injury 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    MattF said:
    What if we sell more season tickets than that
    Lottery I guess and refund the games you don't get picked for (not that it will happen) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if there's any chance of the drummers splitting up and 1 going in the JS ? 
  • Options
    Have the government given the go ahead for mass gatherings to take place yet? 
  • Options
    We must surely be close to having some information regarding Doncaster and the test event. Would be nice to know whether able to attend or not.
  • Options
    We must surely be close to having some information regarding Doncaster and the test event. Would be nice to know whether able to attend or not.
    Chelsea vs Brighton friendly had attendees too. 
  • Options
    Cambridge have two home matches next week with crowds including league game with Carlisle. 
  • Options
    Cambridge have two home matches next week with crowds including league game with Carlisle. 
    On the basis that leagues 1 and 2 are on a level playing field, I’m assuming the gate receipts will be split equally between all 48 league 1 and 2 teams
  • Options
    7000 season tickets are max amount to be sold 
    1200 will be available on a Match by match basis ( read that it will be only sold to st )

a pal who’s an arsenal st, they are doing it on a lottery type draw to decide who gets a ticket and it being st holders only. 
  • Options
    1200 will be available on a Match by match basis ( read that it will be only sold to st )

a pal who’s an arsenal st, they are doing it on a lottery type draw to decide who gets a ticket and it being st holders only. 
    1200 on a match by match basis only sold to ST holders ? Hoe does that work ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Extra tickets to be added to your social bubble. If the 1200 extra tickets are bought by 1200 separate households then social distancing within the current guidelines and given the size and layout of the stadium will be very difficult. 

That might be factored into the seating plan already and therefore the more groups of tickets that are bought the more tickets we can ultimately sell, but it's a complicated process and season ticket holders have already been informed that they won't be in their original seats due to the restrictions
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    sam3110 said:
    shine166 said:

Extra tickets to be added to your social bubble. If the 1200 extra tickets are bought by 1200 separate households then social distancing within the current guidelines and given the size and layout of the stadium will be very difficult. 

That might be factored into the seating plan already and therefore the more groups of tickets that are bought the more tickets we can ultimately sell, but it's a complicated process and season ticket holders have already been informed that they won't be in their original seats due to the restrictions
    Makes more sense to have a stand where everyone is in bubbles of 1 or 2 as standard (Jimmy seed/North lower).. rather than penalising fans that can't commit to a ST or dont know someone with a ST. You cant expand every bubble by 1 'just incase' as its dead money

Have a few games where we don't fill the 30% capacity and that stupid rule will be changed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely Valley Gold members should get priority, then the season ticket holders. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    You can't give priority over people that have actually purchased tickets.....
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Why? Season ticket holders have already put their money down, so get priority. VG members that haven't got tickets should have no priority whatsoever, contributing to a fund for the youth team isn't relevant in these circumstances
  • Options
    Cant see the argument against season ticket holders getting preference,I have bought mine and have taken a chance on whether I have done my money or not,also my money would hopefully have helped get the club through this difficult period.Many like me have had season tickets for an unbroken period (over 30 years in my case)so would be pretty pissed off if  not up on the priority list for the restricted games.
  • Options
    When we had a call with the club a little over a week ago about this things were still in the planning stages.  But see here;

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5117cdacfa9/update-on-ticket-purchasing-to-get-supporters-back-at-the-valley

I'm not sure they can give a limit until they have allocated the 'bubbles' on season tickets already sold. It could in theory be less than 8,200 IF bubbles are in low numbers.

Discussions were still taking place with VG and the club, personally I can see the difficulty of giving any preference to VG IF season tickets have been sold, you can't really give priority over someone who has already bought a ticket.

ST's temporarily go off sale on Thursday so the club can see where they are.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cant see the argument against season ticket holders getting preference,I have bought mine and have taken a chance on whether I have done my money or not,also my money would hopefully have helped get the club through this difficult period.Many like me have had season tickets for an unbroken period (over 30 years in my case)so would be pretty pissed off if  not up on the priority list for the restricted games.
    There is no argument against that, the point im making is that its unfair that the extra 1200 are for friends of ST holders who may not even be fans. Be one of the 7000 people to buy a ST and you're in 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    kentred2 said:
    You can't give priority over people that have actually purchased tickets.....
    😉
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The new East Stand 

That looks like a very small “main stand”, no room for the directors box 😜
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    shine166 said:
    There is no argument against that, the point im making is that its unfair that the extra 1200 are for friends of ST holders who may not even be fans. Be one of the 7000 people to buy a ST and you're in 
    Ah yes the usual argument that we also get with away ticket allocations, that loads of ST holders are bringing along Millwall and West Ham fans as their guests...
  • Options
    A massive shame that the excitement and enthusiasm from the TS takeover (hopefully) would have led to surging gates and it won't happen now

Ditto other clubs with a really exciting season ahead such as Leeds back in the PL after an eternity or Wycombe in the Championship for the first time, where large numbers won't get to see it