Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THANK BOWYER & JACKSON | New flag

In the thread suggesting we head to Sparrow’s Lane before the Palace friendly to give the lads a cheer, I mentioned the idea of getting a flag made for The Valley to thank Bowyer and Jackson for their ongoing loyalty. It got quite a few likes and having spoken to Tracey Leaburn and others down at Sparrow’s Lane that morning, you could tell that morale was low, stress was high, and they need a bit of a lift. 

We’ve been lucky to have two incredible servants and proper ‘Charlton men’ in Bow and Jacko, and I think we owe them our public thanks for sticking by us through all this. I designed the flag with that in mind and have arranged with the club for it to be on display for the Donny game and hopefully beyond. 

It’s not a monster like the Valley centenary flag, but it’s a sizeable 15ft x 7.5ft (4.5m x 2.3m). For a good quality stitch job with Barmy Flags, the cost is £210 including design, rope ties, fires certs and VAT. It's being made at the moment. I’m prepared to cover most of the cost but in case anyone likes the idea and wants to chip in to help fund it, I’ve set up a Crowdfunder running up to £150:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/new-flag-for-the-valley

If you throw in a tenner and then Bowyer and Jacko leave before the Donny game, you can take me to a compensation tribunal but I’ll have Lauren Kreamer as my lawyer so don’t expect a penny back. 

Cheers. Up the Addicks. 

Comments

• Options
    well done Neil, I have done it
  • Options
    Nice one. Will chip in today 
  • Options
    Absolutely superb.
  • Options
    Can only manage a tenner but its yours...  great idea!
  • Options
    Donated  tenner, excellent idea!
  • Options
    Lovely flag, great idea 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Great idea and lovely design! Many thanks.
  • Options
    Brilliant. would have been have to chip in but too late
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great idea.  Well done.

(Except for 'me and you' which, as every English teacher knows, should be 'you and me'.  What's that you say?  Artistic licence?  Oh, OK then.  I'll let you off this one.)
  • Options
    What all a great idea. Well done to all
    concerned. 
    Love Jacko to bits. 
  • Options
    We have the best fan’s 
  • Options
    Great idea.  Well done.

(Except for 'me and you' which, as every English teacher knows, should be 'you and me'.  What's that you say?  Artistic licence?  Oh, OK then.  I'll let you off this one.)
     Isn't it "you and I"?
  • Options
    True but then again it could/should be BOWYER and JACKSON
  • Options
    Absolutely fabulous !

Love the sentiment.

A declaration of love and support from the faithful.

If any further cash is needed, PLEASE  pm me , thanks.
  • Options
    @Neil_Heaney I've edited the screenshot to obscure the personal information, and shrunk them down so they're a bit more manageable. I've not hidden your real name, but can do that too if you want to remain an international man of mystery...
  • Options
    Well done Neil. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done on this, I would loved to have donated but sadly every penny is precious in other ventures. 👏👏
  • Options
    Top work
  • Options
    Sorry, only just seen this thread, what a brilliant idea, well done.
  • Options
    For some reason I’ve only just seen this thread too, well done @Neil_Heaney
  • Options
    Only looked at this thread because Large posted. 

Brilliant banner. Well done. I do wish people would stop saying that Bowyer should leave and make his own life easier and suchlike. Maybe he wants to stay longer because he believes things will get better. He continues to be an inspiration and if he left now, I'd be really down about it.

I won't say flag because it doesn't fit the definition 😉

• Options
    Great banner.  Just an observation and i suspect its an optical illusion. Did Bows have aspirations to be a keeper? Because he's got bloody long arms!
  • Options
    Looks superb 😍
  • Options
    Great flag.

Just seeing how happy Bowyer looked it that Ben Ransom interview made me think how tough things have been for him and how easy it would've been for him to walk away.

Thank you Lee!
  • Options
    Just seen this too. Fantastic and expresses our sentiments entirely