Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THANK BOWYER & JACKSON | New flag

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chipped some in without reading the whole thread but will go to a good cause one way or another.  Great idea, where would we be if these guys (and don't forget Gallen and Avory) had left?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Great stuff, but what had happened to Bows’ arm in that photo? He looks like Mr Tickle

So good to see Bowyer beaming this morning. He’s had tremendous support from many loyal
    staff plus Jacko and the occasionally overlooked Gallen, but my oh my he has carried the weight of the whole club on his shoulders at times this last few years. I genuinely dread to think where we might have been without him. 

I won’t lie, I had misgivings when he was brought back to club, and again when he was made manager, due to his problematic past and his character as a player - I just wasn’t sure he was cut out for the job. How very very wrong I was. I don’t think it’d be an exaggeration to say that his calmness, patience, and determination have saved this club.

There have been many actions small and large by many committed members of staff and fans that have contributed to us getting through this, but Bowyer has been the figurehead, the one who set the tone, and the one who delivered one of best moments of most fans’ lives during one of the club’s darkest times. He’s already a bone-fide club legend, imagine how he’ll be viewed if he can get us to the top of the game with Sandgaard’s backing. 

Enjoy today Bows’ you’ve really earnt it - perhaps more so than anyone. I hope it’s just the start of some very happy times for all of us. 
  • Options
    Somehow missed this first time round, superb well done to everyone involved