Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Captain Sir Tom Life Stories

Fascinating and so inspiring

Comments

• And thats the problem with money, its so tempting.
  • Absolutely despicable. 
    I wish them nothing but the worst. 
  • She certainly seems to be a nasty piece of work.
  • Shameless grifters
  • The money-grabbing leeches should be ashamed of themselves but, of course, they won't be.
  • and of course her children were there as part of the interview    sob,sob.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2023
    I found the whole captain Tom Moore bandwagon saga surreal from the beginning but I thought if they are raising money for the NHS then despite the manipulation and the OTT hype money going to the NHS must be a good thing.

I was openly critical at the time of his daughter and son-in-law accepting the free flights to and back from the Carribbean from British airways for 5. Only from my soapbox as CL is the only social media I do.

Like millions, my elderly parents who just saw their Grandchildren from a distant from the front door. I thought the narrative was that a very senior citizen was the poster boy for staying at home elderly folk.
    Obviously not, as soon as the temptations of 4 weeks in the sun reared its head.

Hannah Ingram-Moore has cashed in from the very start. 3 books the 99 year old wrote in lock down; very impressive as he had never written a book in the previous 99 years !
    Being investigated by the charity commission as she and her husband had set up a company independent of the Captain Moore foundation where vast sums seemed to be heading.

Tom Moore had people going up to him in the Carribbean in a very pleasant climate for a month before coming back to a British winter. What a surprise TM caught pneumonia followed by COVID.  Once he had pneumonia he couldn't have the COVID Jab but many 90 to 100+ year old had their jabs in December about the time the family of 5 were in Barbados.

I admit there are worse ways to spend your last month than in Barbados when you are 100 but if it was on the Captain's bucket list then why did Hannah and hubby wait for the freebie as they appeared to have plenty of money before the bandwagon came along ?
    She only added the Moore to her name after the bandwagon started rolling.

The real truth will come out, it always does but I honestly belive this is the tip of the iceberg and she will end up in prison, of there is enough room in them.
  • I agree about this being the tip of the iceberg they seem to be shameless grifters such a shame considering the honourable bloodline from the man himself. Same type of people as Mouthall etc
  • This does not paint them in a good light
    No way should they ‘cash in’
    But no way they should receive death threats either
  • I watched the family interview on Piers Morgan show tonight. 

1.5 hours long and despite Morgan almost begging them to show remorse, they were quite adamant that they should keep the £500K + other monies & keep the jacuzzi in the museum.

Absolutely disgusting people and I'm not surprised they are getting death threats and vile abuse. 
    I'm so glad you brought this up because I watched this tonight as well - what got me was it started out like it was going to be one of those puff pieces (Piers even mentioned being friendly with them in the beginning) but even he couldn't stand these peoples nonsense - I particularly didn't like how they paraded out their children as if doing that would garner sympathy 

Very notable that she barely ever refered to him as "dad" always "sir tom" 

piece of shit grifter i bet she was calling companies house to set up the business before his corpse was cold

I won't lose any sleep over those empty threats, but I hope she does.
  • edited October 2023

• Yeah, I thought it was a joke months back when I read they were related 
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched the family interview on Piers Morgan show tonight. 

1.5 hours long and despite Morgan almost begging them to show remorse, they were quite adamant that they should keep the £500K + other monies & keep the jacuzzi in the museum.

Absolutely disgusting people and I'm not surprised they are getting death threats and vile abuse. 
    Didn't watch the interview and have only really seen a couple of headlines but why does a museum need a jacuzzi?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Yeah, I thought it was a joke months back when I read they were related 
    Apparently it was:

• edited October 2023
    AndyG said:
    I agree about this being the tip of the iceberg they seem to be shameless grifters such a shame considering the honourable bloodline from the man himself. Same type of people as Mouthall etc
    100% - Surprised they put their head above water and done the interview. Personally, can’t see anyone changing their opinion on them whatever they said. 

The fact they shoved the 14 year old son on camera is embarrassing. Don’t ruin the sons life because you are a shameless grifter. 
    Footballers ger death threats for missing goals
  • MrOneLung said:
    Apparently it was:

Is that not just someone else entirely ? No one is talking about Colin Ingram ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Apparently it was:

Is that not just someone else entirely ? No one is talking about Colin Ingram ?
    I'm lost.

Colin Ingram is/was Captain Tom's son-in-law.

Charles Ingram is the 'Coughing Major'.

I was just joking about the surname - they aren't actually related although someone on Twitter claimed they were apparently.
  • edited October 2023
    I watched the family interview on Piers Morgan show tonight. 

Didn't watch the interview and have only really seen a couple of headlines but why does a museum need a jacuzzi?
    Apparently so elderly folk of their community can use it, as walking against water resistance will be good for them. 

Tom allegedly wanted to reistant walk in the original outside pool, but it was too cold for him so they decided to extend and get an indoor jacuzzi instead (even though he had died). 

It was paid from their own money, but their company had made a £500K net profit from 3 of Tom's books (2 released after his death) and they said on twitter & in a foreward  to one of the books that they were written to boost the charity. 
  • Jacuzzi in a museum you say  B)
    Yes why not, so all Charlton fans can use it.