Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham v Charlton - Match thread

Comments

• Options
    We haven’t embarrassed ourselves. Final ball has been poor but we are a league 1 club. Plenty of positives from that performance. 
  • Options
    I don’t think the last 20 has been that bad for Charlton - considering they are playing against PL players
    Its either Charlton getting into the game or we're doing a Crewe where West Ham are just letting us having the ball
  • Options
    HALF-TIME | West Ham United 2 Charlton 0 A tough first 35 minutes for the Addicks, but a much better end to the half. #cafc

• Options
    that makes it looks like we were in it
  • Options
    Bring Chuks on for Bonne.
    Would bring him on for Oztumer, stick two up top and cause problems
    This.
  • Options
    Anyone else not linking the commentator at all. Bloody dreadful...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This.
    Who??
    My mum
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ohhh Haller...
    The commentator keeps dropping the H in his name because he’s French. The player that is.
  • Options
    Was sure the god of Islam was scoring against us...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    after all non events of the last few days was looking forward to this!and this is what I've been served up
    Usual charlton tosh
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ohhh Haller...
    The commentator keeps dropping the H in his name because he’s French. The player that is.
    Waiting for the commentator to tell us he grew up just outside of Paree.
  • Options
    Anyone else not linking the commentator at all. Bloody dreadful...
    He's difficult to listen to for sure.
  • Options
    Personally think both sides have been pretty cack, we're just that bit more cack at the back and they're that bit less cack at the back.
  • Options
    I don’t think the last 20 has been that bad for Charlton - considering they are playing against PL players
    Its either Charlton getting into the game or we're doing a Crewe where West Ham are just letting us having the ball
    I think we are (were) getting into the game - not the latter 
  • Options
    Not bad,1st goal looked miles off side,Levitt not put a pass wrong,this lad could be a real winner for us this season.Doughty causing havoc every time he gets the ball,dont think we are out of this.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This.
    Dont see the point of staying one up top now - Get Bonne a Strike partner to work with

When Bonne does win a header the Midfield are leaving too much of a gap between them and him so its a pointless effort
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This.
    Dont see the point of staying one up top now - Get Bonne a Strike partner to work with

When Bonne does win a header the Midfield are leaving too much of a gap between them and him so its a pointless effort
    And he has Williams and Oztumer trying to win the second header...
  • Options
    Levitt gave it away badly a couple of times early on but certainly grew into it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No disgrace in our performance that half.

Its when you see Premier League players like this you realise that they are not only good footbllers but also they are superb athletes. The West Ham players look bigger, stronger and some of them have got real pace.That guy called johnson down the left is a handful.

I'd seriously take Doughty off unless the club want to sell him! Can see Moyes having a chat with LB and asking how much we want. Perhaps they could throw both Wiltshire and Cullen in as part of the package.

Keep the regulars fit for Saturday and lets just accept this is one game we are not going to win.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    According to BBC 40% possession
    Yes but how much in their half ?
    Maybe you would be better served following another sport - everything you type is so negative
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    According to BBC 40% possession
    Yes but how much in their half ?
    I can't quite see from here, perhaps someone else could say  :)
  • Options
    Amateur at the back, toothless upfront. Midfield won the battle in the last 15 though. 

Pretty much as expected.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Bit of a gulf in class.

It's showing us some things we knew anyway. We need two CBs and a right back. Deji has been poor, he's a utility player, not a full time centre half. Lapslie works hard, but against Felipe Anderson. Gulp!

Levitt started off looking completely out of his depth but has begun to settle. 

West ham look stronger, faster and more skillful pretty much all over the park.

Doughty is Charlton's best player, and we were the better team for the last five minutes of the half with him leading the surge. 

And the livestream commentators have been listening to Peter Finch. They keep calling him Doherty too!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I'm seriously beginning to dislike this commentator. 
    He's absolutely hopeless isn't he? Makes Terry Smith seem like Barry Davies ;)
    They both share an inability to restrict Doughty's name to 2 syllables
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half and we're going to see Chuks Aneke enter the fray... #cafc
  • Options
    SUB | Macauley Bonne makes way for Chuks Aneke at the break. Watch live: http://carabaocup.live #whufc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    46' West Ham kick-off the second period. Watch live: http://carabaocup.live #whufc 2 #cafc 0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!