Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Meeting with the EFL

did it happen? What was said? Any feedback for your members please?

Comments

• Options
    It wasn't a meeting it was a training session on how to communicate with fans, looks like it worked :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Waste of time. CAST need to be putting more pressure on.
  • Options
    Oh my god.  I cannot believe I actually just read that!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    What's the betting that Paul Elliott has objected to every possible candidate for sitting on this panel
    Absolutely, this will drag on until November.
    The EFL must do more to make this happen before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a waste of time.
  • Options
    Kinda endorses the people pointing the finger at the EFL as treating fans with contempt. 
  • Options
    craigcafc said:
    What a waste of time.
    Not really, it suggests Elliott not cooperating is why the appeal has stalled
  • Options
    Both organisations equally useless in this situation.
  • Options
    The EFL really do not care in the slightest do they???
  • Options
    craigcafc said:
    What a waste of time.
    Unfortunately it doesn't really suggest anything in the absence of a timescale 
  • Options
    It’s not surprising at all, but you 100% can’t blame them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    craigcafc said:
    What a waste of time.
    I'm not sure it does say that? It just says both sides have to reach agreement and there is no timeframe to work within.
  • Options
    craigcafc said:
    craigcafc said:
    What a waste of time.
    I'm not sure it does say that? It just says both sides have to reach agreement and there is no timeframe to work within.
    Yeah maybe not, just trying to infer possible reasons for the delay
  • Options
    The EFL simply aren't set up to  cope with a bad faith actor. Their rules assume that an owner (or potential owner) wants to pass the tests and operate the club. If you make that assumption then everything else makes sense. You assume the tested wants a quick resolution and will quickly agree a fair panel to hear their appeal.

It's the same with the courts. The judges today, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, had to assume that PE wants to buy us and wants to keep us trading. We all know differently, but the system is being exploited by these cockroaches.

The EFLs failure is to a)anticipate bad faith actors and b)to protect the integrity of their own rules
    Agreed, the rules are farcical when you have someone who'd sole purpose is to not be disqualified, rather than wanting to be qualified

Even then, you'd expect a time limit

AND did Panorama/Kreamer know why Elliott's appeal hasn't happened yet, surely that information would have been relevant today?

• Options
    Addickted said:
    The meeting gave CAST the opportunity to ask a number of questions about events at the club during the last nine months 

What were the questions?

What was the exact response to each question?

Where CAST members asked if they wanted to ask any specific questions of the EFL or where they decided on by the CAST Board?

Why are the EFL unable to comment about the current ownership, embargo and OADTs?

What is the current position in regards to the statement the EFL put out in May about concerns of in fighting at the Club taking place on Social media? 

Don't the EFL think it's a bit ridiculous not to have timescales in their appeals process? Why don't they add them in - it can't be difficult.

Sorry CAST, but this sounds so similar to the Fans Forum meetings that were taking place last year. It's just a box ticking exercise where absolutely sod all gets resolved and the fans are none the wiser as to what the fuck is going on.

Finally, why wait until after todays hearing to release that statement? It must have taken all of 20 minutes to write it up.

You have to pay £5 to get that info

• Options
    I do.
  • Options
    craigcafc said:
    craigcafc said:
    What a waste of time.
    Yeah maybe not, just trying to infer possible reasons for the delay
    I suspect you’re right though!