Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Meeting with the EFL

13»

Comments

• Options
    Fans got no where to turn. Just an anxious wait now for any random developments 
  • Options
    So the EFL remain in communication with the club. Do we know who? If it’s that useless wanker Mihail, we are seriously fucked. He’s proved himself to be incompetent.
  • Options
    EFL, totally useless. 

Like a 2008/09 Mark Hudson, concede a goal, in the shit, need a leader....... Just shrug of the shoulders, head down, "not my fault lads" and ignore responsibility. 
  • Options
    fair play to the trust for trying, but it's all blah blah blah white noise and that statement is bollocks.

actions speak louder than words and the EFL need to actually show they are doing something rather than the constant 'no comment' bullshit
  • Options
    This
    "The appeals are heard by an independent panel (of three qualified lawyers) and both sides have to reach agreement on who is appropriate to chair that panel. There is no timescale within the regulations for this process to be concluded."
    is like something out of Alice In Wonderland.  It couldn't be more surreal if it tried.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    But if a player or manager wants to appeal an unjust EFL punishment, they have no choice! I am not being critical of CAST over this, it takes two to tango.

I have been asked why I am not a member of CAST. I haven't got anything against them, but I am waiting for them to be worth joining. I think protest groups have achieved far more so far. When I think they are worth joining for the betterment of my club, I will join them.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    What's the betting that Paul Elliott has objected to every possible candidate for sitting on this panel
    It doesn't say he can, it says both sides have to agree on a chair.
  • Options
    New to this thread, yet another reason to view the EFL as not fit for purpose.  There should be a set timescale for the appeal to protect clubs and avoid delays for the appellant. Surely they need to write into the process a timescale of 28 days at the longest.
  • Options
    Not surprised.

The trust is set up by the fans for the fans.
    And the EFL have just treated it with the contempt they think it deserves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a fucking load of horse-shit. I hope someone from CAST decked David Baldwin. I know I would have done. I am seething.....probably more angry than thus afternoon. 

So, there is an appeals process that doesnt have a time element & the person appealing can have a say on all 3 of the people sitting on it.

Wow.

Just wow.

This needs to be given to the press. No wonder the EFL couldnt say how his appeal was going.

Fucked over twice. Just like my divorces.
    Indeed, I am certain you would have committed GBH.  Keyboard warrior.
  • Options
    I think it's thanks to the Trust we know this. An extraordinary failure of governance to have a process that enables one party to string it out for ever.

Guidance on what to try and do about this would be very welcome.