Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
                           Amos
    Oshilaja Barker Pratley Purrington

Levitt    
    Forster-Caskey           Gilbey

Doughty                          Washington
                         Bonne

I'd be happy with that.

Unfortunately I think Donny will put the cherry on the icing on the cake with a late winner.

1-2.
    It's the Charlton way.
  • Options
    Such a crushing week. Really sick of it all. Just want to watch my team be able to compete with other teams on an even keel. No chance. 2-0 Doncaster.
  • Options
    ElliotCAFC's team is the one I would go with  , maybe Barker at RB and Oshilaja in the middle . Second half against Wet Spam was impressive , bit unlucky not to score at least one   . Bowyer much more upbeat today  , proper fans in the ground will see a 2-0 home win  . 
  • Options
    ElliotCAFC's team is the one I would go with  , maybe Barker at RB and Oshilaja in the middle . Second half against Wet Spam was impressive , bit unlucky not to score at least one   . Bowyer much more upbeat today  , proper fans in the ground will see a 2-0 home win  . 
    Rather you didnt say Elliotttts team mate 🙄
  • Options
    Where is the Manc cnut tomorrow BTW?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Where is the Manc cnut tomorrow BTW?
    Down a well hopefully. He hasn't got the bollocks to come anywhere near The Valley
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    great feeling at the time but ultimately we are just back where we started & probably much worse off. 
  • Options
    Come on think of the positives!are any of our 7 new signings starting??
  • Options
    I’m feeling drained from the off the field activities. I hope the players don’t feel the same. 1-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Wasn't it against Donny that we had the match called off because of waterlogged pitch or something after they'd been hammering us?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wasn't it against Donny that we had the match called off because of waterlogged pitch or something after they'd been hammering us?
    It was indeed against Donny. Weren't we 0-2 down at half-time in torrential rain, and the ref abandoned the match? But we won the re-arranged game...
  • Options
    It was indeed against Donny. Weren't we 0-2 down at half time in torrential rain, and the ref abandoned the match? But we won the re-arranged game - and were promoted that season.
    3-1 down... won the re-arranged fixture 2-0

Didnt help they were shooting towards the worst end that first half as the ball was stopping dead in the penalty area

Still felt had the original game continued then we'd have profited the same way and would have gotten something
  • Options
    That was part of my stag do. Worked out quite well as we all agreed to have another one on the rematch.
  • Options
    Should definitely be singing"I can't stand the rain"
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    great feeling at the time but ultimately we are just back where we started & probably much worse off. 
    Sure, Golfie ...... but isn't that exactly what football's all about? It's just a game of 'Snakes & Ladders'.

And the memories to treasure - a great night at The Valley, followed by a last minute winner at Wembley!
    That doesn't happen every season.

• Options
    Should definitely be singing"I can't stand the rain"
    I've looked it up - it was 24 August 2013.  I thought August was meant to be dry and sunny!
  • Options
    Think we gonna find this bit harder than the Crewe game,but still will just have enough in our locker whilst the players are still fresh,gonna go 3-2 Bonne,Williams then with  injury time looming,TS who finds the loophole to be part of the match day squad comes on the pitch & smashes one in the top corner with last kick of game...failing that Doughty scores well before that...👍👍
  • Options
    I think we need Aneke starting as soon as possible. I think he is a very difficult player to play against.
  • Options
    I think we need Aneke starting as soon as possible. I think he is a very difficult player to play against.
    He is indeed difficult to play against. 
    But he doesn't appear to have 90 minutes in him.
    That's why I think Bowyer will use him as an impact sub. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Aneke a bit like that Fulton Reed in the first Mighty Ducks film

e.g. Joins the hockey team and first time warming up hits all the pucks with such power that he scares the s**t out of the opposition

When he eventually comes on at the end, all the players just look at each other thinking f**k this!!
  • Options
    I like Chuks , but he hasn't got the fitness levels to do a full ninety  . He was brilliant for 20 minutes at West Ham , but faded towards the end .
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Tried to keep away the last few days, not posting much, but it’s match day and it’s important that whoever attends today shows real support to Bowyer and the players.

Be as loud as you possibly can, encourage them and let them know there are thousands more who can’t be there today, who would love to be, and are supporting them at home.

Be our voices as well as your own.

Doncaster are a decent side and one of the better teams we will face this season. So a nice early test for our thread-bare squad. Can’t see much change from last week, possibly Williams in for Lapslie. We are a far, far better team when Williams plays, don’t handicap ourselves by playing Lapslie instead of him. No disrespect to George, we are at home and need the quality Jonny has.

Amos
    Barker Oshilaja Pratley Purrington
    Gilbey Forster-Caskey Williams
    Doughty Bonne Washington

Maynard-Brewer, Lapslie, Morgan, Levitt, Oztumer, Aneke, Davison

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Doncaster Rovers
    Bonne
    Washington
  • Options
    I'm not sure Chuks will ever get to a point where he can play a full 90 mins. It's nothing to do with training some people just dont have the physical make up. You often see boxers who are built like brick sh1t houses who fade really quickly in the later rounds whilst the little wirey blokes can run all day, look at marathon runners. I'm no expert but I think it has something to do with muscles burning oxygen in the body quicker. Still a massive threat for 30 mins though imo
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm not sure Chuks will ever get to a point where he can play a full 90 mins. It's nothing to do with training some people just dont have the physical make up. You often see boxers who are built like brick sh1t houses who fade really quickly in the later rounds whilst the little wirey blokes can run all day, look at marathon runners. I'm no expert but I think it has something to do with muscles burning oxygen in the body quicker. Still a massive threat for 30 mins though imo
    He managed it plenty of times for MK Dons... I think he just needs to get himself up to the fitness of what Bowyer expects first

Unfortunately with any kind of running there is always a benchmark where you start, you cant just say to yourself that you'll train to do a sub 20min 5k yet have to get there gradually
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sage said:
     Can’t see much change from last week, possibly Williams in for Lapslie. We are a far, far better team when Williams plays, don’t handicap ourselves by playing Lapslie instead of him. No disrespect to George, we are at home and need the quality Jonny has.

But will Bowyer risk starting Williams so soon?

He started Tuesday, lasted 75 mins or so. 
    Bowyer will be careful not to risk breaking Jonny with such a threadbare squad.

Looking between Bowyer's ears, I reckon William's is earmarked for a cameo from the bench, 30 mins if things go tits up early on.

• Options
    I can see goals in this. We carry an attacking threat but look weak at the back. It'll be interesting to see how Tyreece John-Jules plays for them. 2-2, maybe 3-2 to us

I think it's worth bearing in mind that while we're massively hampered by the embargo, this season we're not competing against teams with massive budgets from parachute payments or super rich owners
  • Options
    Anyone putting up the Match Thread?

I'll do it if needed.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Anyone putting up the Match Thread?

I'll do it if needed.

I'd have put one up @ 2pm had no one else done it
  • Options
    Match thread for me please Oggy  :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!