Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale -600k per week

I like to always be a Glass half full person.
Stupidly thought this horrible virus would give Footi a chance to restructure and rebalance for the good of the game
Sadly we have seen through the incompetence of the EFL and PFA that the window of opportunity has been missed
And tonight I hear an over rated player is being payed 600k (30 million a year) to return to Spurs
The World has gone NUTS

Comments

• Options
    Does he deserve £600k for kicking a ball... Definitely not

Is he over-rated... Maybe a little harsh
  • Options
    Plug from the Beano or was it the Dandy?
  • Options
    Fair point
  • Options
    Real Madrid pay him a load, and are covering most of his salary at Spurs.

Bale is the most successful British export, nothing overrated about him at all
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If someone offered me 600k a week I'd accept it. It is far far too much, and all due to broadcasting rights/sponsorship deals. I struggle to pay bills and put food on the table for the kids,  yet he could buy my place twice over with a weeks wages. Ridiculous, but who wouldn't sign that contract?
  • Options
    Oh and I’m delighted he’s back in the Premier League, as he’s got plenty of football left in him
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Oh and I’m delighted he’s back in the Premier League, as he’s got plenty of football left in him
    Good player -Yes but better value about 600% per week than Alfie Doughty?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Spurs are not paying 600k per week, they're paying about half of that. 

And Gareth Bale certainly brings in more t-shirt sales, advertising, sponsors, ratings etc than Alfie Doughty....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Yeah, when Alfie has won the Champions League 4 times and has a 1 in 2 goal scoring record in La Liga, then maybe not, but now, absolutely 
    This.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Yeah, when Alfie has won the Champions League 4 times and has a 1 in 2 goal scoring record in La Liga, then maybe not, but now, absolutely 
    This.
    But 86 grand a day! For kicking a football? And he doesn't even kick one every day.
  • Options
    I bet he is not losing 40% of 600K in tax.
  • Options
    And and out for at least weeks injured - already
  • Options
    4 weeks
  • Options
    Just seen Parry on BBC news saying the EPL needs to filter monies down the football pyramide hipercrite. 
  • Options
    £600k a week, while hundred year old clubs go to the wall, owing £100k less 
    Completely agree with this.

TV money has had a major influence, but ultimately too many players now earn so much money that clubs are going to the wall. That's "clubs" - the things that were created for the people (ie not the ruling classes who had loads of money).

I'll keep interested for my kids, but once they've flown the nest I'm done with it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    This.
    But 86 grand a day! For kicking a football? And he doesn't even kick one every day.
    No most of the time he's hitting balls with a golf club while most of us are getting hit in ours
  • Options
    1000 nurses!

Oooooooooh matron.
  • Options
    Gareth Bale 2020, the full time golfer and part time footballer is a different person on and off the pitch to the brilliant dedicated player that left at 24.

• Options
    Know him, do you? 
  • Options
    Don’t forget that Spurs put their 550 staff on furlough.
    I have no issue with Spurs spending that much on a player (fee or wages) as its is, after all, a market that has the capacity to do so. But you are spot on with this - any club that has used the furlough scheme should refund their relief if they are still spending in the transfer market (at least at a level above that they have utilised through Furlough)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Valley11 said:
    Know him, do you? 

I was going by quotes I heard from ?

Gareth Bale, who said I will just play golf every day and see out my contract.

Plus do you think he's the same player now than he was at 24?

The truth is, if he was; Chelsea or Man City would have got him.
  • Options
    I like to always be a Glass half full person.
    Stupidly thought this horrible virus would give Footi a chance to restructure and rebalance for the good of the game
    Sadly we have seen through the incompetence of the EFL and PFA that the window of opportunity has been missed
    And tonight I hear an over rated player is being payed 600k (30 million a year) to return to Spurs
    The World has gone NUTS
    I think he’s past his best rather than overrated.
  • Options
    Bale's last 18 months at Spurs he was their best player every week. 
    Scott Parker's last 18 months at CAFC, he was our best player every week.

Neither Scott or Gareth were/will be as good at 31 as the dynamic players they were at 22.