Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale -600k per week

2»

Comments

• Options
    Was a very good player. His net worth put at £114M. Must have sold a lot of shirts at Real.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Don’t blame the players who are paid enormous amounts of money. Who here would turn down the sort of money even a ‘normal’ player makes in the top flight?  Don’t even blame the agents, they aren’t the ones putting up the money. The money comes from Sky, BT, etc. but ultimately it comes from the subscribers’ pockets.

And think on this. If the money’s there, should it go to the owners of the clubs or the people who actually provide the product - the players, managers, and coaches?

More money should filter down to the grass roots of unpaid dedicated coaches, managers of kids football,( yes that was me) who would put goal nets up, get kids registered, put up with parents who told you their kid was the next Harry Kane, taking training after a long day at work. Plus the thousands of clubs from the 5th tier down who have to rely on volunteers and a benefactor to survive.

The Elitist Premier League is a different world. 
  • Options
    One weeks wage and Macclesfield could have been saved with money to spare
    Shows the shocking divide between premier and league 2 teams struggling to survive 
    Southend also on the brink due to tax for around 400k,ridiculous situation,Ozil 350k a week and not even in the squad,how can 31 year olds get this money.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Shows the shocking divide between premier and league 2 teams struggling to survive 
    Southend also on the brink due to tax for around 400k,ridiculous situation,Ozil 350k a week and not even in the squad,how can 31 year olds get this money.
    It’s the premier league and sky money. Obviously if teams are willing to play this kind of money, no player in their right mind is going to say no. Until they cap wages, it going to keep on happening. There are players that bang average on £50k a week. Joe Hart for example is a classic - he’s gone from Premier league winner and England’s number 1 to being 2nd or 3rd choice at Tottenham. Id like to think I were him I’d rather earn £15k a week and play in the championship every week. 
  • Options
    Was a very good player. His net worth put at £114M. Must have sold a lot of shirts at Real.
    Doubt there’s been too many Real fans buying “Bale” shirts recently! 
  • Options
    It’s the premier league and sky money. Obviously if teams are willing to play this kind of money, no player in their right mind is going to say no. Until they cap wages, it going to keep on happening. There are players that bang average on £50k a week. Joe Hart for example is a classic - he’s gone from Premier league winner and England’s number 1 to being 2nd or 3rd choice at Tottenham. Id like to think I were him I’d rather earn £15k a week and play in the championship every week. 
    I've seen you take a penalty. You would be lucky to get 15p a week #nickybailey
  • Options
    Don’t forget that Spurs put their 550 staff on furlough.
    I have no issue with Spurs spending that much on a player (fee or wages) as its is, after all, a market that has the capacity to do so. But you are spot on with this - any club that has used the furlough scheme should refund their relief if they are still spending in the transfer market (at least at a level above that they have utilised through Furlough)
    For the record, they did but they soon changed their mind when the Spurs support went mental at them.

Looks like we've had a very big cash injection from Uncle Joe Lewis.  More signings on the way after Bale and Regulion.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Plus a big transfer fee for Dele who is being offered around the big players in Europe and by not even getting a place on the bench Spurs want this to happen very soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I've seen you take a penalty. You would be lucky to get 15p a week #nickybailey
    Come on - one pissed penalty and you won’t let it go!!!What about the ones that went in?!?!?. 6 taken 5 scored and 1 missed for that team. I had a nightmare the game I missed, OG and should have been sent off as well if I remember correctly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It makes him the 4th highest earner in the league (factoring in that RM are paying half his wage).
  • Options

It makes him the 4th highest earner in the league (factoring in that RM are paying half his wage).
    so he is the highest earner on £650k a week (if I read this correctly - in which case the article should be titled "What clubs are spending on players per week")...
  • Options
    Havertz on more money that Sterling, Pogba, Martial and AGUERO is frankly ridiculous
  • Options
    The thing that pissed me off with Bale at Madrid lately was the whole, 'doesn't want to take any move that involves a pay cut'. That's just greedy. £600k a week or £200k a week - what does it matter? You're never going to be able to spend it.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    The thing that pissed me off with Bale at Madrid lately was the whole, 'doesn't want to take any move that involves a pay cut'. That's just greedy. £600k a week or £200k a week - what does it matter? You're never going to be able to spend it.

They shouldn't have given him that much money - if he was happy to chill and live in Madrid and just play golf all day, I don't think it's him being exceptionally greedy. Why should he have to take a pay cut?
  • Options
    If only they were all like Hector Bellerin then the more they earn the better for the planet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im surprised he’s being paid minus £600K. He must be keen on the move.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Real Madrid pay him a load, and are covering most of his salary at Spurs.

Bale is the most successful British export, nothing overrated about him at all

This, you don't have to be his biggest fan to respect what he has done at Real Madrid and know it wasn't all hype.

-13 trophies in 7 years including scoring or assisting in 9 finals. 

- two crucial champions league final goals with arguably one being up there as the best ever. 

-Despite injury problems and Zidane freezing him out, he has still hit double figures in 4 of his 7 seasons.

No player is worth 600k but it's not his fault he gets it, who in their profession would say no?

He isn't the same physical player who left Spurs and injuries will be his downfall if it is not a success I reckon.

But he is still a decent footballer who can hit a ball and make things happen. Also still has the record of the most goals scored from outside the box (9) in a single season. With Kepa in goal for Chelsea, he has every chance of beating that. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Pudds said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Think he gets a lot of bad press, but its not his fault zidane hated him and tried to freeze him out. He was a massive success at real, lets be honest. 100+ goals, 4 champions leagues and a few domestic medals too I'm sure. I don't buy the "hes a part time footballer" rubbish. He's played when available and always turns up for wales, unlike his manager did, and hes superb for them. Might take him a bit of time to readjust to english football, but I reckon he will be class for spurs. And £350k a week, although an obscene amount of money, is just where football is right now. Am looking forward to seeing him back in the premier league tbh

Edit. And he still has a few years left in him at the very top I'd say
    Zidane's Welsh international record is absolutely shocking to be fair.
    Haha...I think you know who I was referring too lol

I don't think Giggs ever played in a friendly for Wales, but I may be wrong? Fergie tried to stop him at all costs, to keep him fresh for Man Utd. Passionate Welshman as he is, Giggs did as his paymasters told! That's why many Welsh fans weren't happy when he got the job. You won't get that sort of behaviour from Bale, he loves playing for his county.

• Options
    Don’t blame the players who are paid enormous amounts of money. Who here would turn down the sort of money even a ‘normal’ player makes in the top flight?  Don’t even blame the agents, they aren’t the ones putting up the money. The money comes from Sky, BT, etc. but ultimately it comes from the subscribers’ pockets.

And think on this. If the money’s there, should it go to the owners of the clubs or the people who actually provide the product - the players, managers, and coaches?

More money should filter down to the grass roots of unpaid dedicated coaches, managers of kids football,( yes that was me) who would put goal nets up, get kids registered, put up with parents who told you their kid was the next Harry Kane, taking training after a long day at work. Plus the thousands of clubs from the 5th tier down who have to rely on volunteers and a benefactor to survive.

The Elitist Premier League is a different world. 
    I couldn't agree with you more but the FA is toothless so how is the money going to be taken from the Premier League and moved down the pyramid?
  • Options
    Whilst I think the money at the top is ridiculous I can’t see how it can be forced down the pyramid. There is no other industry that I know of that expects the big organisations to fund the small ones. Unless the FA can recapture control of the money and use it for football in general the money will stay with the big clubs in the big league.

Personally the only money I put into football is by buying tickets and merchandise and the tv licence fee. If the distortions caused by Sky and BT worry people just don’t subscribe to their football channels.
  • Options
    Because he's at the very top of his profession. Putting aside the fact he's currently out of favour, when he signed his contract he was Arsenal's best player. He's played for Madrid and he's a world cup winner.

It isn't his fault the club offered him that contract and it certainly isn't his fault that Southend and Macclesfield have been badly run.

Do people moan about top executives pay at Tesco or Morrisons when a corner shop has to close down?
  • Options
    Because he's at the very top of his profession. Putting aside the fact he's currently out of favour, when he signed his contract he was Arsenal's best player. He's played for Madrid and he's a world cup winner.

It isn't his fault the club offered him that contract and it certainly isn't his fault that Southend and Macclesfield have been badly run.

Do people moan about top executives pay at Tesco or Morrisons when a corner shop has to close down?

You can't compare the two - a corner shop doesn't have cultural significance like a football club does.

Not denying it's his fault, but it's more the fault of a system that is set up far too unequally
  • Options
    You can't compare the two - a corner shop doesn't have cultural significance like a football club does.
    debatable
  • Options
    Carrying on from what iainment said: Moaning about Premier League wages and at the same time subscribing to any payable Sports channel is hypocrisy. It does my head in how people just don't get this, or close their eyes to it.
    Just stop giving them your money and make do with the BBC and Quest.