Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On this day in 1997, the Addicks beat @officialbantams 4-1 in a Curbishley-era classic at The Vall

2»

Comments

• Options
    Drool.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I just checked the attandance as it looked pretty full. 11,583. Looked more but of course there were no upper stands. That was a great period in our history, probably some of the most enjoyable games and some real characters and very good players in the team.
    wasn't the West Stand still a pretty temporary structure (hence the TV gantry was that side)

I don't think so. I dont think what is now the Lower West has changed much at all since our move back. I was certainly sitting there at the time in my ten year season ticket seat,

But my memory could be playing tricks!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wasn't the West Stand rebuilt in the close season straight after we won promotion to the Prem in 1998?

I seem to remember the first couple of Prem home games it wasn't fully open?

• Options
    The new stand was shut for the first game v Southampton (5-0) but opened after that IIRC. For the Bradford game shown above, the new permanent lower tier was already built, albeit under the temporary roof.