Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Professional Membership Thread

Just had to join another, The Institute of Business Consultants, at the behest of one of my major clients. Anyone else belong to them and do you think they are worth it? Other than being able to use their libraries and the IOD meeting rooms in Pall Mall I only do it cos I have to. So far I'm in the Institute of Directors, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Institute of Leadership and Management and the IBC. Plus Bromley Addicks, the National Trust and Amnesty International

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    you not a member of the cafc red scheme then or charlton athletic supporters club ?
  • Options
    or valley gold ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]you not a member of the cafc red scheme then or charlton athletic supporters club ?

Only the Red Card scheme . Bromley Addicks left CASC so no longer a member and not a Valley Golder but I should be. Maybe I'll sign up next year.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I don't mean to be rude, and I'm really not doing this to wind you up but......... What a ridiculously boring thread!!!!

That's a bit Alan Partridge Henry you must admit ;-)
  • Options
    Back of the net!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I don't mean to be rude, and I'm really not doing this to wind you up but......... What a ridiculously boring thread!!!!

That's a bit Alan Partridge Henry you must admit ;-)

To you maybe but it's something I have to do to earn a living. Sorry to have made your life less than perfect : - (
  • Options
    i have MRAD after my name.
  • Options
    Royal Academy of ??? Drama/Dance/Drinking???
  • Options
    Chartered Institute of Marketing for me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Royal Academy of ??? Drama/Dance/Drinking???

dancing.

passed my RAD grade 8 ballet in 1997. gives you automatic membership. not fully paid up member tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't forget your all members of the soon to be government-overturning, religious cult, Charlton Life.

I have a good idea who the first sacrificial pig is going to be.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just had to join another, The Institute of Business Consultants, at the behest of one of my major clients. Anyone else belong to them and do you think they are worth it? Other than being able to use their libraries and the IOD meeting rooms in Pall Mall I only do it cos I have to. So far I'm in the Institute of Directors, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Institute of Leadership and Management and the IBC. Plus Bromley Addicks, the National Trust and Amnesty International

Henry, I know exactly what you mean. I think I currently have more letters after my name than there are in it. Mostly quite useless but I have to keep them up even though they do very little more than cost me on average £200 a year in subs.
  • Options
    Somewhat amusingly, I have BSC and BCS after my name... as well as MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA and JNCIA

Nothing like IT for giving you pointless letter fruit salad...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just had to join another, The Institute of Business Consultants, at the behest of one of my major clients. Anyone else belong to them and do you think they are worth it? Other than being able to use their libraries and the IOD meeting rooms in Pall Mall I only do it cos I have to. So far I'm in the Institute of Directors, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Institute of Leadership and Management and the IBC. Plus Bromley Addicks, the National Trust and Amnesty International

Henry, I know exactly what you mean. I think I currently have more letters after my name than there are in it. Mostly quite useless but I have to keep them up even though they do very little more than cost me on average £200 a year in subs.

I can at least claim some tax relief on the money.
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Somewhat amusingly, I have BSC and BCS after my name... as well as MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA and JNCIA

Nothing like IT for giving you pointless letter fruit salad...

Not even going to attempt to guess those.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]don't forget your all members of the soon to be government-overturning, religious cult, Charlton Life.

I have a good idea who the first sacrificial pig is going to be.....

Carter I hope : - )

So I'll be MCLC or can I be a fellow?
  • Options
    Fellow of the Institute of Direct Marketing (doesn't that make me sound horribly old?) amd member of the Marketing Society. I never bothered to do the CIM exams, WSS...

But the one that is worth the money - SMWS. Any guesses?
  • Options
    Small minded willie suckers
  • Options
    Oh dear, have I done something to upset you??
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I can at least claim some tax relief on the money.

Given how I make a living I'm actually all over the tax relief side of things, still a pain in the arris though and lots of them have CPD requirements.
  • Options
    "Oh dear, have I done something to upset you??"

Not at all, just a wild guess (Smiley winky thing) nothing personal!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Small minded willie suckers

I have just lost it and burst out laughing at that!!

Henry, you don't really want to turn me into a martyr do you?? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Small minded willie suckers

I have just lost it and burst out laughing at that!!

Henry, you don't really want to turn me into a martyr do you?? ;-)

You won't be missed very much from what I hear : - )
  • Options
    Won't be missed?????

The H block will be re-named the Carter memorial H block. I would expect nothing less, and as our elected representative I imagine you will wholeheartedly support this movement as it was thee who suggested I be used not as a sacrificial lamb but a pig of all creatures. The dirtiest of all barnyard creatures.... Oh, err I see....
  • Options
    I've got BSc after my name.

Bronze Swimming Certificate.
  • Options
    This is not a dig at anyone on here but most of the people who I have dealt with who belong to some of these various Professional associations in the main lack common sense which is a far more valuable thing to possess. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    Does being a member of CAMRA count?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Does being a member of CAMRA count?

That's where I was heading with SMWS before it got hijacked - it's the Scotch Malt Whisky Society!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This is not a dig at anyone on here but most of the people who I have dealt with who belong to some of these various Professional associations in the main lack common sense which is a far more valuable thing to possess. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

They don't get much more common than me Ketters :)
  • Options
    I have Msci (hons) after my name.

Master of science. :-)
  • Options
    The very famous FMIPP

Founder Member of Institute of Parking Professionals......