Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Hoorah!
  • Options
    .They were more than likely looking to sell the family silver.

Absolutely extraordinary!
  • Options
    The nightmare is over. So pleased this is all over now.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    That's excellent news. A happy end to the story but it could have been so different if you guys hadn't taken the action you did. Very well done.
    Was there an actual danger that the stuff could have been, shall we say, redistributed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Davo55 said:
    That's excellent news. A happy end to the story but it could have been so different if you guys hadn't taken the action you did. Very well done.
    Was there an actual danger that the stuff could have been, shall we say, redistributed?
    Looking at what Elliot(t) done at that girls school we thought the best action was to remove our most valuable items. Remember, most items are not ours, we are just the trustee's 
    Oh I agree totally but just wondered if there was a real threat of it going missing.
  • Options
    Great news  it was a good decision to move them, and excellent to know they are back.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    The museum guys are best placed to answer this Large, but my understanding is there was genuine concern that the crooks and chancers might have sought to cash in. Hence the temporary relocation to a safe place.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Davo55 said:
    Looking at what Elliot(t) done at that girls school we thought the best action was to remove our most valuable items. Remember, most items are not ours, we are just the trustee's 
    Oh I agree totally but just wondered if there was a real threat of it going missing.
    We all thought it was better to be safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Correct decision to move it and, now, to replace it all.  Also correct decision to publicise it.  Very pleased with this. 

Is there any room for a black, heavily-used Duessenberg Starplayer? I think the museum would make a nice home for Charlton's most famous guitar. 
  • Options
    As others have said Elliot had previous.

It was a small risk perhaps but still a risk.

It was not a decision we took lightly.

Personally, I was more fearful that if we had gone into administration we would have had to prove all the items belonged to the charity, or are on loan from generous fans, not to the club.

Yes, the latter was an genuine issue, it could have been a massive hassle trying to explain to the administrator who owned what

Personally, I don't think PE would have tried to flog items in the museum, as they're far too high profile, and I think PE was only interested in making a profit on reselling the club anyway
  • Options
    Excellent these items are back where they belong.

When things change and fans are allowed back in the stadium and the museum is open again, I would highly recommend a visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Davo55 said:
    Would you want to take the chance ?

Don't forget scumbag elliottttttt sold everything from the school, even items donated by parents.

Just how low can you go elliotttt ???

Edit: Sorry I was too late posting as somebody has already mentioned it .......................... still it does no harm to leave it up here.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t put anything past Elliott, especially since yesterday when I read the post about him flogging second hand kitchen units at 100 quid a pop in 2014.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Is there a chance that we could get the Southall coat for the museum?
    Not unless you can find the store he returned it to as soon as he got home
  • Options
    Well done chaps. What a circus the club has been so recently 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Is there a chance that we could get the Southall coat for the museum?
    Just get Southall stuffed and put on display as a reminder of past horrors. 
  • Options
    I bet the guy who owns all the Mendonca play off stuff is relieved.