Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Pubs Drinking Legally (or otherwise)

Comments

• Options
    The Ram and the Copperfield in Catford.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The Admiral Duncan soho 

• Options
    The Salutation in Dartford town centre. We were 15. Had two pints and my mate ended up outside puking. Bull and Vic in Dartford town centre was always good for under age drinking, and was run by the most miserable old git you could imagine, called Les. As someone has commented above, now a scummy disco. Drank in the Coach and Horses in Dartford town centre from about 16 to 26. Great great times. Then became a night club for teenagers and they bought the adjacent travel agents and knocked in to one. We visited for old times sake when we were in our 30s and looked a little out of place... Its now Dartford Sports Bar, and took my son there to watch Darts in the play off final a couple of months ago. Will definitely go back.
  • Options
    good to read the Coach not dead a great pub maybe a crawl from Oak to Spewers but always finished in Coach 
  • Options
    edited September 2020

The Prince Albert in Bexleyheath.  Was 15 when I first went in there (1994) and 16 when I first got served. 

It was always packed solid on a Friday and Saturday night and other than the bar staff, not one person in there was over 18. 

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Director general, woolwich aged 15. Light and bitter was my choice back in the day.
  • Options
    Pub - Yorkshire Grey, but was also drinking in the Greenwich Borough club opposite before the Grey.
    @Stig, If it’s the same one with a hotel attached then I stayed at the oysterfleet a few years ago.
  • Options

The Prince Albert in Bexleyheath.  Was 15 when I first went in there (1994) and 16 when I first got served. 

It was always packed solid on a Friday and Saturday night and other than the bar staff, not one person in there was be over 18. 

Played for their Sunday league side, along with @1905 & @DA9
  • Options
    The White Knight, The Plough and The Crown were all places you could get served easily if underage.

The Tavern on the Green, The White Hart and The Rocket were more difficult, but youd be successful occasionally.

This post is only relevant for Crawley based Addicks!!!

First pint my dad bought me was in The Market Porter when I was 16. Pint of Harvey's Sussex Best before a pre season game against qpr. Took one sip and said I cant drink that! He got me a pint of scrumpy jack instead, which was much better. Never looked back haha!
  • Options
    Seven stars and Red lion, Foots Cray, and White Cross, North Cray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was always packed solid on a Friday and Saturday night and other than the bar staff, not one person in there was be over 18. 

Oh the memories 
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one on here to say The Crown Inn, Glentham and The Bottle & Glass, Normanby
  • Options
    Red Lion and The Bull Shooters Hill
  • Options
    16-17, trying to get into the now demolished Dover patrol in Kidbrooke by the old A2, circa 84/85
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Oh the memories 
    33 years ago!
  • Options
    The Vineyard in Rochester. Always ran thr gauntlet of actually being allowed in and served as a 16 year old. Did alright for a while before it was raided by the police whilst me and about 50 kids from my school 6th form were in there!
  • Options
    The Salutation in Dartford town centre. We were 15. Had two pints and my mate ended up outside puking. Bull and Vic in Dartford town centre was always good for under age drinking, and was run by the most miserable old git you could imagine, called Les. As someone has commented above, now a scummy disco. Drank in the Coach and Horses in Dartford town centre from about 16 to 26. Great great times. Then became a night club for teenagers and they bought the adjacent travel agents and knocked in to one. We visited for old times sake when we were in our 30s and looked a little out of place... Its now Dartford Sports Bar, and took my son there to watch Darts in the play off final a couple of months ago. Will definitely go back.
    Got asked for ID in the Bull & Vic once and the landlady (I think) pulled up the new barman and told him I was fine as I was a regular. I was only 16! 

Also used to frequent the Coach & Horses and then stumble off to Zens for a dance. 

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Gordon’s arms Chislehurst, and still do.
    Queens Head, Chislehurst 
    The Bell, Bromley 
    the Greyhound, Bromley 
    Rat and Parrot, Bexleyheath 

Circa 2005

• Options
    Imagine the Yorkshire Grey will get a few mentions, I knew kids from Eltham Green who used to pop in there at lunchtime for a pint before afternoon lessons 
  • Options
    Black Bull , Ladywell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hare and Billet on Blackheath. Could get served at 15.

Cutty Sark in Greenwich. Again could get served at 15.

The Eagle in Red Lion Lane. Used to go there during school.lunch breaks. Most of our PE teachers were in there and didn't seem to care!
  • Options
    started Saturday work at the Co-op as a very fresh faced 16.5 year old -  strict instructions "no lunchtime drinking you can't be breathing booze fumes at the punters when you're working on the till"
    Unofficial version "we're all in the Stage Door across the road as soon as your lunch break starts"
    Stan the landlord had a convenient attitude to the law on under age drinking - in his pub for 45 minutes on a Saturday lunchtime, in your Co-op uniform, with a dozen colleagues, guzzling booze, no questions asked - bare in mind I was still getting asked how old I was at 19 and 20, at 16 I barely looked like a teenager.  Show up there after work at 6.30 having changed out of your Co-op clobber - no dice "You're too young"
    2 years later, by which time me & Stan are on first name terms, pile in the Stage Door lunchtime on last day at school before A-levels "You got ID?" us "What? Stan it's me, I've been coming here years, you know we're all 18, what's the problem?" Stan "no I.D. no beer, see ya"
    Saturday lunchtime back in my stylish grey Co-op coat "alright Stig?" and my Guinness is being poured before I've even ordered it.
  • Options
    From late teens and through 20s I used to mainly drink in Charlton/Greenwich - RoD, Antigallican (when Les and Richie owned it), Royal Oak (when Don was the guvnor), Horse & Groom (Richard and Maureen had it then)Yacht, Cutty Sark, Gypsy Moth, Trafalgar - and pretty much every other pub from Woolwich through to Creek Road playing darts!
  • Options
    Either......
    Yorkshire Grey
    Welcome Inn
    Crossways
  • Options
    started off in the wrongun bexleyheath, as was cheap 
    then moved on to the william camden 
    nowadays rarely drink locally to where i live if i do red barn or the yacht, occasionally the earl haig. 
  • Options
    Erdley Arms , Upper Belvedere , reckon I was 16 and then Guy Earl of Warwick Welling. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yacht, Jolly Drayman (Paul Walsh was a regular visitor), Red Barn
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yorkshire Grey... now a @#$%!!&£€ McDs of course.
    I started in the Yorkshire Grey 1971. 
    Taylor Walker pub. Did Double Diamond. I drank Burton Bitter at 11p a pint it was the cheapest. Our paths must have crossed.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Pub - Yorkshire Grey, but was also drinking in the Greenwich Borough club opposite before the Grey.
    @Stig, If it’s the same one with a hotel attached then I stayed at the oysterfleet a few years ago.
    I must know you. When did you drink in the boro club.
  • Options
    my old man grew up in the yorkshire grey was a millwall fan though.