Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Pubs Drinking Legally (or otherwise)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    The bar at the Queens Hotel at Crystal Palace where my father was a lunchtime regular.
  • Options
    The Valley Pub
    Roupell Arms
    The Watermans Arms

• Options
    The Pheasant, North Heath.
    The George, Great Queen St, Holborn 
    Noah’s Ark in Deptford.
    All between the ages of 16-18 in the mid 80s
  • Options
    The Crown, The Tigers Head and The Bulls Head in Chislehurst, mid 70s. 
    Also, The Partridge in St Paul's Cray every Thursday evening with my Dad.
    33p a pint of Hofmeister in The Bulls Head I remember. Went in there with £2 and had 2p left.
  • Options
    Catford Ram
    Railway tavern/Copperfield 
    Saxon tavern 
    Royal Albert 
  • Options
    The Nags Head (welling)
    Jolly Draymen 

• Options
    Crown & Greyhound (Dulwich Village)
    The Half Moon (Herne Hill)
    The Rosendale (West Dulwich)
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Light and bitter. Those were the days. My Dad introduced me to this at age 16. It meant more than a pint which was always good. 

Sometimes ask for a light and bitter just to cause havoc. Same with a whisky Mac.
  • Options
    25May98 said:
    Light and bitter. Those were the days. My Dad introduced me to this at age 16. It meant more than a pint which was always good. 

Sometimes ask for a light and bitter just to cause havoc. Same with a whisky Mac.

It must have been a generational thing - back in my yoof, when I'd had enough of L&B and went on the shorts it was a whisky mac!
  • Options
    I think the first pub that served me was the Union Tavern in Woolwich.
    For some inexplicable reason I drank Mackeson (probably something to do with the TV advert), until I puked myself stupid after 4 bottles.
    After that I stuck to their Worthington E (this was long before the days of CAMRA).
    Prior to that my uncle used to stick me outside the Horse and Groom with a lemonade and crisps whilst he had his pre-match pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First regular pub was The Valley, Then the Barge Pole in Thamesmead, was in there the night 4 travellers had a "straighter" was a proper punch up and not these pushing and shoving matches one tends to see nowadays. Sometimes the Lord Raglan in Plumstead
    Graduated to the Standard Blackheath and met Mrs UTB by use of the on table phones.
    Played football for the Gordon Arms Chislehurst . All this  round the early to mid 70s
  • Options
    I think the first pub that served me was the Union Tavern in Woolwich.
    For some inexplicable reason I drank Mackeson (probably something to do with the TV advert), until I puked myself stupid after 4 bottles.
    After that I stuck to their Worthington E (this was long before the days of CAMRA).
    Prior to that my uncle used to stick me outside the Horse and Groom with a lemonade and crisps whilst he had his pre-match pint.

I used to love Mackeson when I was about 14 or 15. I suspect that was because it was sweet. I'm starting to salivate about it now!
  • Options
    Princess of Wales, Blackheath. Sitting out on the Heath in the summer of '82 with friends when a pint of Charrington's was 64p.

Memory might be out as first pub may have been the White Swan in Greenwich watching Dumpey's Rusty Nuts. But that would have been a young teenage cider so I'm striking it from the list and sticking with the pint on the Heath.