Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    I liked him last year and thought he did well but he's started poorly so far. If the money is reinvested and a replacement comes in it's good business. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    So TS has come in and all’s good we then sell our ‘star striker’ -if  this sale had gone through when ESI (Elliott£ were in charge we we be in meltdown. Whether he wanted to go or not. 

jury is certainly out for me until we sign the replacements. We  need at least 2 more Decent strikers now. 

Yes I may sound negative but I am still in the we have been screwed over too many times Lately Camp 

Mainly because they would've pocketed the fee for themselves
    Let’s hope it’s reinvested on new players this time. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Sandgaard made a comment to me a couple of weeks ago that he would've scored a few of the chances Bonne missed. Don't think he was a big fan. 
    Oh no, an owner with an opinion on players! Thought we’d ditched that with RD!!
  • Options
    If £2m is true its about time we had someone else over in a transfer deal 
  • Options
    Was going to say I wouldn't call it great or fantastic news just smart business, but after his "head was turned" comment and the fact lots have said he looked uninterested then glad to get rid tbh.

Good deal all round, not a bad return on our fee and if it means we get 2 forwards in then great, hopefully one that will be able to hit the target more regularly than 1 in 8 chances....
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Shame about this as I liked Bonne.

We’ve shipped out a lot of goals with Taylor, Bonne and Naby all leaving. In Bowyer and Gallen we trust.
  • Options
    Bowyer sounds happy he's gone and with the money he's got
  • Options
    Agree its good business 

PROVIDED we can find someone better... I trust Bowyer and Gallen to make any decision they feel necessary they're well in credit but the jury is out a bit for me, although with Bonne wanting to leave its probably best we accepted the offer
  • Options
    If the players head is turned, they are never going to perform well, they will only lose value and imo they got to go. Regardless if he scores 20 for qpr this season, he was not going to do the same for us if his head wasn't right. 

2 mill and any add ons is good business.

All the best to him, non league to the championship, scored some goals, tried hard, stepped up when others didn't, hope he does well except against us next year.... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to him, Bonne and Charlton will both be happy with the move. Looked very ineffective in the two games I have watched him in this season...
  • Options
    I blame him for our relegation in the end, some of those chances he missed in the end were criminal. 
    2m you’re havin a larf ! 
  • Options
    That's a good confident negotiation.

Roland, Meire and Southall would have got a white sticky stain on their mouth along with pringles and an Amazon voucher 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    "too good an offer to refuse" is poorly coded wording for "he isn't worth that so we took the money".

Bonne:-

“I got thrown in the deep end,” said Bonne. “Once you get thrown in you take your chance. If I didn’t take it and done what I did I probably wouldn’t be sat here today signed for a club like QPR.

“It is credit to myself for handling it. I criticise myself – I probably should’ve scored a few more goals – but I’m happy and proud where I’ve got to.”

"Club like QPR" - sounds like he's about to go to big school.
    "It is a credit to myself for handling it"...

I think he's been taking self awareness lessons from Taylor.

Despite that, good luck...in reality a good move for both.
  • Options
    At least we can now retire the "you wot" chant
  • Options
    Was going to say I wouldn't call it great or fantastic news just smart business, but after his "head was turned" comment and the fact lots have said he looked uninterested then glad to get rid tbh.

Good deal all round, not a bad return on our fee and if it means we get 2 forwards in then great, hopefully one that will be able to hit the target more regularly than 1 in 8 chances....
    This.  'Head turned' is a huge red flag, it's a disrupter and has been for years (Parker through to Taylor, and plenty of others along the way).  It's a dilemma for any manager, do you stick or twist. 

The key is to replace quickly & effectively.  We replaced Killer with...Tony Burman.  We replaced Bowyer with Brendan O' Connell, then after a wasted year got Kins in and never looked back.  With TS and Gallen you've got to think that  they know this, and will get replacements (Maddison signing a proof point). Of course it's a risk, but so was relying on Bonne given the head-turn and absence of a league goal so far
  • Options
    We got 2 million?? Wow, brilliant deal for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great bit of business, just hope we have someone lined up!! 
  • Options

This.  'Head turned' is a huge red flag, it's a disrupter and has been for years (Parker through to Taylor, and plenty of others along the way).  It's a dilemma for any manager, do you stick or twist. 

The key is to replace quickly & effectively.  We replaced Killer with...Tony Burman.  We replaced Bowyer with Brendan O' Connell, then after a wasted year got Kins in and never looked back.  With TS and Gallen you've got to think that  they know this, and will get replacements (Maddison signing a proof point). Of course it's a risk, but so was relying on Bonne given the head-turn and absence of a league goal so far

At least we're getting 2 weeks to replace rather than the Charlton deadline day sale classic!

He's done chuff all so far this season (ok its only just started but still, at least look busy) so any replacement should be an instant improvement. 

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Now we know why the game appeared to pass him by in the last couple of matches. Not that our impotent midfield gave him much if any service.

Looking at him in isolation buy £200K sell £2M doesn't sound too bad but how many other Championship strikers having scored 11goals (no penalties) in a struggling side will leave their club for as little as £2m?

As Lee would say it is what it is and we move on. Just hope we don't capitulate with Doughty too. I've reconciled myself already reluctantly to the fact that Dillon is going.

Thanks Macauley you did well for us all circumstances considered. Good luck in your new venture.
  • Options
    Understand the bit of business done but who do we have up front for tomorrow that can take the game to Sunderland? Not saying Bonne was a top striker but I am concerned about tomorrow, we cant afford to lose another 3 points in my opinion. Perhaps the Danish guy is already signed?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Decent bit of business IF we sign some goal scorers.

Worked hard and was a trier but needed 7 opportunities to score- shows he had good positional sense and created the right chances for himself and going to a club in a better position as back up/ rotation striker may afford him the luxury of time to work on his finishing and improve his chance/ to goal ratio.

He's not had that with us as pretty much got thrown in on arrival due to necessity.  Our need is more urgent in terms of getting players in now who will net chances rather than long term prospects.

Good luck Macauley. A decent striker in there.
    Good post. Definitely a decent striker in there, we see him miss a lot of chances but as you say he has great positional sense to find the space & be in position to miss those chances. Disappointed that we bring in maddison who would be sticking lots of balls into the box for someone who scored 11 goals last season to get on the end of but there you are. Yes good business buying for 200k IF the deal is as reported around 2m or does that include lots of add ons. The thing that really pisses me off is selling a striker before at least bringing in one as replacement. So we now have one senior striker at the club & while for sure there are probably plenty of strikers out there how many good strikers are available who want to play for 2k a week ? I would have preferred to bring in a striker & kept Bonne as a back up but money talks I guess.

Edit. Having just read his statement about his head was turned ( or was it his scummy agents head?) as soon as heard of qpr interest then good riddance though would still have liked to get a replacement through the door first.
  • Options
    Can’t afford to carry players - 2 mill is a fantastic bit of business for us 
  • Options
    Struggling to understand those who feel we’ve pulled their pants down. £2m doesn’t get you much for a Championship striker these days, Eze going for £20m and Watkins £28m shows the level of upsell available.

Bonne scored double figures in his 1st Champ season, no pens, a 1 in 3 record in a relegated team that didn’t create many chances. He runs all day for the cause as well. He’s also young enough to hold resale value if successful.

Id be scratching my head if I was a QPR fan reading the response. 
    Reading their replies to the signing on twitter they not surprisingly see it as a good deal. 2m (which is nothing these days plus they got 20m for Eze) for a striker who got 11 goals in a relegated side. 

He's probably nailed on to score tomorrow.
  • Options
    He may come good and it's important we don't lose our shit if he does.

Will never forgive him for that miss against Wigan tbh. He ruined yet another Naby hero moment. I don't care that he scored a last-minute equaliser from a harder chance
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Struggling to understand those who feel we’ve pulled their pants down. £2m doesn’t get you much for a Championship striker these days, Eze going for £20m and Watkins £28m shows the level of upsell available.

Bonne scored double figures in his 1st Champ season, no pens, a 1 in 3 record in a relegated team that didn’t create many chances. He runs all day for the cause as well. He’s also young enough to hold resale value if successful.

Id be scratching my head if I was a QPR fan reading the response. 

Particularly when you look at someone like BWP who we'd all crave for in League One, and how absolutely dreadful he was at Championship level coming absolutely nowhere near that. £2m really isn't a lot of money for 10 Championship goals, with the £140m or whatever is on the line, if you can get into the lottery of the playoffs.

Kermorgant scored 12 for us in the Championship in a season, and is other than Lyle, probably our clear cut best striker we've had since Darren Bent. He's obviously got a better all round game, but that is a 1 goal better return than Bonne had in his first season at a level far higher than he has ever played before

If he wanted to go, and Bowyer/Gallen have some targets they have identified as better, or equivalent players then fine, but the general happiness of losing our best goalscoring threat right before the window closers is a bit of a head scratcher for me.