Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Step up Bowyer

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    PopIcon said:
    This thread is typical knee jerk reaction without a single shred of common sense being used!!
    Bullshit
    Of course it is... Bowyer is trying to put a squad together within the confines of a salary cap so its going to be tougher to put a squad together, hence why he's taking more time to ensure he's got it right, because if he gets it wrong then the season does become pointless - Not to mention the whole club needs time to recover and rebuild from the circus that Roland and ESI have left us in.

We were poor today granted but we still managed to get a point... There were also dreadful performances in 2018/19; the 1-0 defeat @ Rochdale, the Coventry and Barnsley games over Christmas, the Fleetwood defeat - Even the 1-0 loss to Huddersfield at the Valley last season was worse than today let alone the 4-0 performance away at Huddersfield so dont come you or @PopIcon try and claim this is the worst Charlton team they've ever seen because its bullshit

Oh yeh what do I know... I've defended Bonne all summer, not good enough for the Championship... F**K THE DOUBTERS... F**k the lot of you!!

Thanks for showing how grown up you are... Absolutely no proper argument to come back with do you?

Cmon - Show you've actually got the maturity to say why I'm wrong in what I say?
  • Options
    Excellent point today in a game I saw as a free hit.
    Now time to get rid of some chuff and bring some quality in and allow them TIME to bed in.
  • Options
    ESI are gone, quick, start a thread moaning about something else! We’ve just got a new owner, we were under an embargo until very recently. We’ve lost 13 players since last season. It will take time for us to get to the point where we have the players we want, they’re used to playing together and we’re playing better football. I can’t believe having just sold our striker, still not having a senior right back and the new player we’ve brought in not being fit there’s a thread crying about a patchwork line up not playing scintillating football
    It ain't moaning for fucks sake, what, you can't mention that we are tactically inept and devoid of any shape or clue what to do on the ball and ask for there to be some reaction from the players second half. 

I've seen shit Charlton sides but they know what to do or at least have an ability to control a ball or pass it to a red shirt. 

That's was shit 
    Yes it is. You started a thread complaining about how the team were playing. You could have posted your moan on the match thread or thought about the context for the performance but you felt that it needed it’s own separate thread. That’s moaning, at least own it. (Side note, I don’t think Bowyer and the players will have seen your plea for a reaction sadly). As I said, this is a team missing players in key positions being used to tide us over until we can bring in the players we need. Calm down, have a nap or a bit of cry or a wank or something. 
    Silly cunt
    So instead of responding with genuine comments as to why you're right and why we're wrong you resort to just insulting people

Real mature!!!
    I'm done with this, I'm sorry@Garrymanilow for the comment
    The OP was trying to make a point that Bows need to step up on that 45mins formation, attitude, and general decision making. 
    Laters all
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Goodness knows where we’d be without Bowyer. He’s had to work under ridiculous circumstances this season so far so he deserves lots and lots and lots of patience. 

That being said, often the truest test of a manager is can they turn a ship around. So far he’s has not proven he can having seen us relegated with a bit is a whimper last season and now start this one poorly. He needs players and I hope he gets them soon, but some of the trademark never give up style has gone conspicuously missing and we really lack urgency and drive. Bowyer is clearly searching for the right formula but he has made some strange selections and calls recently.

There is a new pressure on him now, and I’m sure he will be relishing the challenge, but I would say we are maybe just starting to see the first chinks in his armour at the moment. I have faith he’ll turn it around and he has my backing 100%, but being objective I’m not surprised a few questions are starting to be mumbled at the back of the room. People do need to look at the bigger picture and stay patient though. A managerial change would make no sense at all. Perhaps a new member of the coaching team might add a little bit of fresh thinking though. Not suggesting Jacko leaves or anything, but Alex Ferguson used to like freshening up his coaching team once in a while and I think that helped him stay fresh and relevant over a long career. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    This thread is typical knee jerk reaction without a single shred of common sense being used!!
    Bullshit
    Of course it is... Bowyer is trying to put a squad together within the confines of a salary cap so its going to be tougher to put a squad together, hence why he's taking more time to ensure he's got it right, because if he gets it wrong then the season does become pointless - Not to mention the whole club needs time to recover and rebuild from the circus that Roland and ESI have left us in.

We were poor today granted but we still managed to get a point... There were also dreadful performances in 2018/19; the 1-0 defeat @ Rochdale, the Coventry and Barnsley games over Christmas, the Fleetwood defeat - Even the 1-0 loss to Huddersfield at the Valley last season was worse than today let alone the 4-0 performance away at Huddersfield so dont come you or @PopIcon try and claim this is the worst Charlton team they've ever seen because its bullshit

Oh yeh what do I know... I've defended Bonne all summer, not good enough for the Championship... F**K THE DOUBTERS... F**k the lot of you!!

Thanks for showing how grown up you are... Absolutely no proper argument to come back with do you?

Cmon - Show you've actually got the maturity to say why I'm wrong in what I say?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Off_it said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    That's shit 45mins mate, earn your stripes.

That line up to start was head scratching and its no surprise not one shot on target. 

Your at home, a lot of shit shit teams in this league score goals and we look fucking woeful all over the pitch. 

Crap
    Remember you're not allowed to say anything negative about "one of our own".
    I've watched worse Charlton sides on paper in the past 40 years but again  I'll stress that 1st half was devoid of any fucking clue whatsoever.

And yes, I've had a beer
    In my 34 years of supporting Charlton this is one of our worst teams. Anyone who says otherwise really doesn't have a clue.

This isn't subjective, this is factual.
    But remember, Bows is one of our own so its practically illegal to say anything negative on here about him. 

I've not had a beer.
    Christ, how old are you?
    Nearly 2021! 😮

(Edit: Crap maths!! Nearly 2020).
  • Options
    Bizarre half time rant. We were poor first half, but no need to start a thread with this title. 

That's football.

And bowyer knows it.

Has to take responsibility but he does deserve time.

He cares about the club but he has to pick himself up again and continue to give this full whack effort.

Get over some things.

He's not Pardew hoping to get sacked. He's just a bit internally messed in a professional sense.

• Options
    Mate you're at the opposite end I saw your post today about Bowyer and Gallen having the ability to get Billy Sharp because "they're Bowyer and Gallen". It works both ways, there's so many fans on here so far up Bowyer's arse because we had a great season resulting in an amazing day at Wembley. He shouldn't be beyond criticism. 

It is an overreaction and I'm not calling for Bowyer to be sacked by any means, but he does need to step up. The tactics in the first half were absolutely non existent. Yes we need more bodies but that doesn't mean we should accept losing every game until we have a half decent squad. He see's this players in training yet has no idea what his best formation is, that's a big concern for me. Hopefully with a few decent additions we can push on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The judging process starts in about six weeks time. By then if we’re still playing like today then eyebrows will start to raise. I somehow don’t think we’ll really be rocking and rolling until after Christmas with what will then be a late charge to the playoffs. Anything less than 7th place will look like failure. 
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, why do Charlton fans see Bowyer as one of their own? I know he joined you as a schoolboy but he only spent two seasons at yours as a pro before leaving for a bigger club. He’s a West Ham supporter from Canning Town and has played more games for leeds, West Ham, Newcastle and Birmingham than what he played for Charlton. 
  • Options
    We desperately need some quality signings.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, why do Charlton fans see Bowyer as one of their own? I know he joined you as a schoolboy but he only spent two seasons at yours as a pro before leaving for a bigger club. He’s a West Ham supporter from Canning Town and has played more games for leeds, West Ham, Newcastle and Birmingham than what he played for Charlton. 
    Largely because he started with us. But he also talks and acts like us as well! Or pretty much any real football fan to be honest.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Same came be said about most quality youngsters who break into a 2nd/3rd division side.

The difference being that when he left us he was one of the most high profile teenage signings in English football. He was the first ever teenager to be sold for over £1m. Of all the top young players this country has produced, that record sits with Charlton and Lee Bowyer. That can't be dismissed. 

And just as importantly, HE considers himself a Charlton boy. Not many modern academies can boast that they've developed a teenage player who has gone on to be the manager of the entire club. 

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Something I mentioned on the post match thread. For a former centre midfielder Bowyer has got so many non goalscorer midfielders.

How come we have almost 9 midfielders and none of them look like they have the ability to score a goal. I am excluding Gilbey as he only played twice but we had Williams, Oz, JFC, Morgan, Lapslie, Pratley now Levitt and Watson. None of them look like they are going to break into the box and score goals. Crying out for someone to actually make forward runs into the box and have a chance. 

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Are we only supposed to identify with players who are born in greenwich, come through our youth system, and then spend the majority of their careers at Charlton?
  • Options
    It doesn’t take a lot for things to change, Maddison looked lively when he came on, chuks caused problems and Washington would have been in if Flanagan hadn’t committed a red card offence. 

More signings to come, take a breath, it’s going to be ok. 

• Options
    Start of 18/19 we got twatted in terms of play and possession against Sunderland and lost 2-1.  Yesterday was about stopping the run of defeats and we did.

As others have said let’s see where we are when the squad is complete and they’ve had say a month to gel.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Are we only supposed to identify with players who are born in greenwich, come through our youth system, and then spend the majority of their careers at Charlton?
    Not really. Just to an outsider, until he came back as manager, it doesn’t really seem he had that much of a connection to Charlton. I never really associated him to Charlton. Always thought Leeds and West Ham when I thought of bowyer.