Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling 0- 2 Charlton

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
I'll leave the full reports to others but we had a bloke playing centre mid tonight who looked very good. No.8 think his name was Sinclair.

Comments

• Options
    Dean sinclair, on trial.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Dean sinclair, on trial.

cheers Badger, i thought he looked good. He used to play for Barnet apparently.
  • Options

cheers mate, you're home quick!
  • Options
    Got a lift thanks to Buckshee
  • Options
    yeah the guy in the middle looked good, that christensen (sp) looked ok, needs to work on his crosses but looked a handful. you can see why paddy mc has a poor dicipinary record.. way too many unneccecary fouls today..
  • Options
    Anyway, Thought McCarthy looked solid and no nonsense, Moo2kill was good, Morris didn't really notice, Sinclair was miles better.

Varney looked sharp, Dickson looks like he'll be a wonderful impact player
  • Options
    Anyone going to post a proper report for the long distance plastics on the board? Please? C'mon AFKA. you promised...
  • Options
    Wooley was the keeper who saved the pen. Elliot came on mid way thru first half at Welling for Randolph. Neither had much to do

I know somepeople are not going to like this but Morris played well. Have Dean Sinclair on trial from Barnet who looked decent. Christentian and Varney looked sharp and combined for 1st goal. JT was well up for it. Varney went off injured. Todorov looked off the pace and McCarthy? Really not sure on that performance. Yassin looked VG IMHO. Gibbs looked OK and got forward a lot. Dickson not really involved then nipped in and scored and nearly got another. Diawara was OK.

Pedersen (Danish trialist) Rhys Coleman, Arter and Wright all came on late on. All looked decent.

There you go Weegie. Nice cake in the boardroom. Very friendly people who invited me back for Welling v Bromley.
  • Options
    Thanks, Henry! Guess you win - sorry, AFKA and Addickted. Did Gibbs really play or did you make that bit up?? Is Varney's injury bad? Delighted to hear you enjoyed the cake - oh, the perks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Varney had a bit of cramp
  • Options
    Cramp - blimey, game wasn't at Wembley was it?
  • Options
    Thanks, Rothko. (Are you suggesting Henry exaggerates?)
  • Options
    Sorry, got a pub diversion !

A usual Welling performance. You're pleased you went, but not really sure why you did. Bit disappointing, but i'm realistic enough to know you can't tell anything from these games.

Positives

Moo2 looked very impressive. Decent touch, close control, likes to get forward. Can't tell until we play someone decent what he can defend like but very promising.

Christensen, looked busy, wanted the ball, final ball struggled to get past the defender but i think when he settles he'll be a decent addition.

Negatives

McCarthy wasn't what i was expecting. Looked a bit clumsy and slow on the turn, partnership with Diawara didn't really gel IMO.

Todorov looked seriously off the pace, and showed very little to take away as a positive.

The rest was much of a muchness and it will only be in a few games time and against different opposition you can make a judgement. Chris Powell looked the best player on the pitch which puts it in perspective.
  • Options
    Thanks AFKA - afraid you were beaten by Henry. So no Thatcher in either game either?
  • Options
    I must have been at a different game then !!!!!!

I must ask Rothco if he had his specs on the right way round? How could you not notice jody morris and think sinclair looked better - it astounds me. Morris was everywhere, recieving the ball and then laying it off to someone else, spraying the ball left and right. as for sinclair....no thanks.

Thomas looked sharp and o that peforamce we would be daft to left him leave. Diawara at hisa normal best and I thought McCarthy was what he was billed as.....a no nonsense defender. Yes. he gave a few silly fouls away, but was good in the tackle and in the air (almost scoring from a corner !)and should be our captain IMO.
  • Options
    I saw little to impress in that Sinclair either to be honest. It was a bit of a hustle and bustle game though, with little real quality on show.

We'll get a much better indication in a few games time.
  • Options
    Oh come on, I've already sold my soul in loving Thatcher, then accepting Weaver but Morris....
  • Options
    know how you feel Chicago...
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    And me - which is why I am prepared to say I have my doubts about Pardew, shock horror...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta second the comments on Yassin and Christensen, both looked very promising, think it was Yassin who also got absolutely mobbed by kids at the end but had a smile on his face while it happened, good to see.Thought McCarthy and Diawara were both fairly solid, and Thomas seemed keen. Dickson looked enthusiastic, and i liked what i saw of his style.
  • Options
    That Moutakill looked quality, Chris Dickson looked as good as Varney did all game shame we want to loan Dickson off.

McCarthy looked bad. Moriiss is mug.

Chrissy Powell showed signs of real experience, telling Elliot what to do etc.

As said cant really read to much into this game.

Pub before and after was good.
  • Options
    The biggest highlight for me was Arter's cameo at the end and in those twenty five minutes he was head and shoulders above either Sinclair or Morris. Even after the late challenge that felled him from their midget rightback.
  • Options
    Cottrell didn't do badly for Welling in the first half. Had a couple of whacks at Thomas eary doors.

Mind you I have to say he played well, I work with his dad!!
  • Options
    Todorov looked shite (get the feeling the words "Hate to say I told you so" may be used throughout the season).
    Varney played well in spurts, but looked poor in others.
    Moutakil looked good going forward, gawd knows what he's like defensively.
    McCarthy looked good.
    Morris looked good.
  • Options
    Shite is very harsh way of describing Todorov, he showed some neat touches, he may have looked off the pace slightly but its only a warm up game. He did well to turn and set Christensen up in the first half.

Varney looked pretty sharp and was fighting for a lot of balls he didn't look like getting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]
    McCarthy looked good.

[cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]
    McCarthy looked bad.

what's the story with this fella pretty similar to reports coming out of leicester some say good some say bad ......based on the fact leicester are gonna have a big push for promotion this year and they let him go i'll go for bad:-(
  • Options
    Varney had a lot of huff and puff, and took his goal well. Not Shearer in the strength stakes, Owen in the pace department or Ronaldinho with a ball at his feet, but a potential 15 goal striker in the Championship. Not a 2.5m striker though (not that he can help what Pardew paid for him).

Todorov was pure pony though.
  • Options
    Don't get carried away, it was only a warm up at Welling for fecks sake!

McCarthey's only fault was he seemed to like putting his hands on the opposition which is where I'd guess he picked up lots of bookings last season.
  • Options
    McCarthy won a few headers, made a few tackles and managed to command the defence. It was welling, they didn't have alot going forward. He struck me as being one of those horrible centre halfs, more John Terry than Rio.

£650k was a steal.