Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling 0- 2 Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    been back in training for a week, never played in a match together before and people expect us to be performing as well as we can.

brilliant
  • Options
    When we scored the opener, there was a little chorus of 'we're gonna win the league' :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]been back in training for a week, never played in a match together before and people expect us to be performing as well as we can.

brilliant

Is that not what happens then? ;-)
  • Options
    AFKA - Did you boo Morris all through the match?
  • Options
    I thought Morris was average, where Sinclair looked a better player, and Arter a mile better then both.

Get Harry on loan for a couple of months, and then into the team
  • Options
    Was more impressed by Josh Wright than Arter though both look promising. Good passing and put his foot in.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Don't get carried away, it was only a warm up at Welling for fecks sake!

Agree 100%. How anyone can describe a player as "pony" after one trial game is beyond me!!!
  • Options
    Ormiston

Based on 1 trial game and numerous sub standard performances for Portsmouth and Wigan.
  • Options
    Good grief.

Let's all pack up and go home, before we all head off to hell in a handcart.......
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    ok then cunning stunt,

i'm going to make an equally ridiculous generalisation:

177 appearances in his career and 71 goals.

Thats under a goal every 2.5 games.

He's world class
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Ormiston

Based on 1 trial game and numerous sub standard performances for Portsmouth and Wigan.[/quote]

Does that include the season where he was top scorer in the CCC with 28 league goals when Pompey won the league? Does it also include 30 international caps for Bulgaria, who are no mugs? Oh, please!!!! I have a couple of mates who are Pompey and they all love Todorov and reckon we have got a right bargain. If he's that bad why was Redknapp willing to give him a new contract in the Premiership? If he's not done the business by Xmas then fair enough but slagging him off after one trial game is ridiculous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]AFKA - Did you boo Morris all through the match?

No.

Booed when his name was read out before the game, and couldn't resist shouting 'p*ss of Morris' when he run past me, but i kept quiet when the game started. If he signs, that how its likely to be for me, just keep quiet on everything he does secretly hoping he never features again.

He's not good enough for us though.
  • Options
    Im giving everyone a clear slate.. Toddy was loved by Portsmouth.. hence the title to his youtube vid... 'toddy pompey hero...' proceeded by him scoring a hatful of goals...

so lets see what he can do in a proper match...
  • Options
    We'll see. I'm telling you now Todorov will flop, be bombed out next season on a free to someone like Hull, never to be heard of again.

Whipped Cream with the humble pie if, by some miracle, I'm wrong.
  • Options
    So what if he does, he didn't cost us anything. He doesn't seem to be the mercenary type (could have stayed at Pompey for another seasons pension) can't be on a huge wage. So what on earth gives you the impression a centre forward with allbeit a shaky injury record who has scored a goal every 2.5 games throughout his career will be a stone-cold failure? A poor loan spell in a side that were bloody lucky to stay up and were playing crap? Thierry Henry would have looked poor in that Wigan side
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]So what if he does, he didn't costus anything

exactly...

Good luck to the bloke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]So what if he does, he didn't cost us anything.

i'm sure he would've signed for us with a fat signing on fee so he isn't exactly free
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    We would have had to pay a signing on fee regardless. I think he's a good addition, at least he's proven. I'd rather we took a chance on a free (bar the signing on fee) transfer like Todorov as opposed to even contemplating paying any where near £5mill for Chopra!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]We'll see. I'm telling you now Todorov will flop, be bombed out next season on a free to someone like Hull, never to be heard of again.

Whipped Cream with the humble pie if, by some miracle, I'm wrong.

My mental Pompey work colleague says Toddy was worshipped at Pompey, and nobody wanted to see him go.
    He got a cruciate ligament injury that nearly finished him but 'Appy 'Arry was convinced Toddy still had it in him and offered him a new contract.

As others have already said, his record speaks for itself - so no doubting his ability.

Shouldn't we give him a chance......??????
  • Options
    Of course Oggy. But all that has been said is he looked well off the pace last night. Very sluggish and out of position a lot. He well of had a bug, or has had a knock and only just started training, we don't know. But he will need to considerably improve to get anywhere near a first team spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lucky the season starts in a month, and not a day.

He'll be fit and ready, but I never expect a players touch to prefect that early in Pre season
  • Options
    Thank God we beat Welling last night, otherwise half of you lot would have sent your season tickets back...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Of course Oggy. But all that has been said is he looked well off the pace last night. Very sluggish and out of position a lot. He well of had a bug, or has had a knock and only just started training, we don't know. But he will need to considerably improve to get anywhere near a first team spot.

That's fair enough, AFKA - after all, you were there at the match.

That's a good point you made that maybe, as he only signed towards the end of the week and perhaps with looking for somewhere to live, he's not really trained as yet, or even knows names of team mates?

When he's match fit and settled in, I'm sure we'll see what he can do.
  • Options
    I already have! :oP
  • Options
    like last year...