Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get your pass to live stream Blackpool v Charlton on Tuesday (no CAFC Cash purchases)

Comments

• Options
    Does non bias exist on home fan commentated coverage ? 
  • Options
    dingdong said:
    Cab anyone tell me if you can you watch the match on a smart TV?
    Yes you can on a browser if you type valley pass into google, and sign in from there.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    seth plum said:
    With most of us watching online the commentary, for me, is even worse.
    Yes I know I could turn the sound off, but I want the ambient sound.
    (The camera went missing on a couple of occasions too).
    I think there is a risk that the commentators bias influences player marks given on Charlton Life, although I will say that the marks we have given to JFC for the Wigan game go against the digging out he was regularly getting from the commentators.
    The referee mark didn't, as the bias against the ref paid off in the referee mark.
    On Saturday I thought the function of the commentators should have been first and foremost an attempt to describe things for those with sound only, and secondly who the opposition players were would be not easy to pinpoint for the viewer, but with all the changes who our players were was tricky too. The commentators needed to focus on saying which player was doing what and using their names.
    I am not against colour and opinion but wish that happened during breaks in play (we had a lot on Saturday for example Alfies claret) and the listener was clearly told there was a break in play.
    It must be frustrating to hear stuff about formations, or whether this or that player should be pushing on or covering back, when in the background the listener is aware of play going on.
    Why don't the commentators go to the TV gantry? Not a big deal, but they got the Amos save wrong from that Wigan corner and watchers actually contacted the commentators to tell them what they should have told us.
    It would be nice to have a setting, or reduce the price and have a different pricing structure.

Something like:
    £7.50 - Match with/Without Commentary selectable - Valley Pass Subscribers.
    £7.50 - Match only, no commentary - non VP Subscriber
    £10 - Match and Commentary non VP Subscriber

Not a problem for me anymore though. 
  • Options
    I know that they are Charlton fans and that at least one posts on here BUT I have to say that I find the commentating pretty poor at times. I can't for the life of me fathom out why they can't have access to the pictures and replays as we do and that may assist them a bit. The constant shout out's also do my head in. Why are they necessary? Can't the people asking for the shout out's just what's app or text whoever they are shouting out to?

I think that the pictures are a good few seconds behind real time , so by the time the replays appear to us the commentators in real time are off in the distance ..so unless they do some jiggery pokery at the ground so the commentators have 'live' pictures i don't believe it's possible
  • Options
    I know that they are Charlton fans and that at least one posts on here BUT I have to say that I find the commentating pretty poor at times. I can't for the life of me fathom out why they can't have access to the pictures and replays as we do and that may assist them a bit. The constant shout out's also do my head in. Why are they necessary? Can't the people asking for the shout out's just what's app or text whoever they are shouting out to?

I think that the pictures are a good few seconds behind real time , so by the time the replays appear to us the commentators in real time are off in the distance ..so unless they do some jiggery pokery at the ground so the commentators have 'live' pictures i don't believe it's possible
    But they will have access to the replays eventually, and there are 2 of them, so one can commentate while the other checks out the replay

With bad tackles or controversial incidents like penalties, there's usually plenty of "dead time" before play restarts anyway
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    With most of us watching online the commentary, for me, is even worse.
    Yes I know I could turn the sound off, but I want the ambient sound.
    (The camera went missing on a couple of occasions too).
    I think there is a risk that the commentators bias influences player marks given on Charlton Life, although I will say that the marks we have given to JFC for the Wigan game go against the digging out he was regularly getting from the commentators.
    The referee mark didn't, as the bias against the ref paid off in the referee mark.
    On Saturday I thought the function of the commentators should have been first and foremost an attempt to describe things for those with sound only, and secondly who the opposition players were would be not easy to pinpoint for the viewer, but with all the changes who our players were was tricky too. The commentators needed to focus on saying which player was doing what and using their names.
    I am not against colour and opinion but wish that happened during breaks in play (we had a lot on Saturday for example Alfies claret) and the listener was clearly told there was a break in play.
    It must be frustrating to hear stuff about formations, or whether this or that player should be pushing on or covering back, when in the background the listener is aware of play going on.
    Why don't the commentators go to the TV gantry? Not a big deal, but they got the Amos save wrong from that Wigan corner and watchers actually contacted the commentators to tell them what they should have told us.

But apart from that you thinks it's OK? ;)
    (Whispers) I don't think the comms team like the slightest hint of criticism, so I call it feedback.😊
    I actually think they don’t mind constructive criticism.
    Thats healthy to improve the set up.
    I’m not sure how you can criticise bias, when it’s fans giving comms (& up until very recently) in their own time without any payment. 
    In my view they should always have got travel, hotels and full fees for providing the service.
  • Options
    dingdong said:
    Cab anyone tell me if you can you watch the match on a smart TV?
    If your TV is that smart it probably won't let you watch a Charlton game to save you from disappointment ...
  • Options
    If you don't like the commentary, switch the sound off. I enjoy the banter and accept the bias but agree they should be able to see the replays. As far as I'm concerned it's almost like having 2 mates alongside you at the game. 
    Far too optimistic to be like my mates... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much money would the club have made from these games?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    For the Lincoln game, dont they get 500 passes from that number, we get the rest?

For Doncaster | Sunderland | Wigan, we'd have got roughly £10 for each of those fans, PLUS 500 passes from each of their away teams as we were the home side

Thats reliant of course on League Two (What Colchester's statement said) being the same as League One
  • Options
    As that's the number of households not fans ( a family of 4 who all go together would only buy one pass) the actual numbers watching would be nearer 10000?
  • Options
    As that's the number of households not fans ( a family of 4 who all go together would only buy one pass) the actual numbers watching would be nearer 10000?
    Take my household for example, I go to games on my own but tonight both my Wife and Son could watch if they wanted

Neither show that much interest though
  • Options
    I'm new to Valley Pass and I love the commentary. As someone else said, it's like having mates watching it with you.
  • Options
    People love a moan
    Stop moaning . 

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the Lincoln game, dont they get 500 passes from that number, we get the rest?

For Doncaster | Sunderland | Wigan, we'd have got roughly £10 for each of those fans, PLUS 500 passes from each of their away teams as we were the home side

Thats reliant of course on League Two (What Colchester's statement said) being the same as League One
    Wait so we get the full £10 for each game? I doubt that.

I'm going to assume we probably get 50% so I think about £20,000 per game, which almost covers almost half of our weekly squad cap costs IF we're the home side... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wait so we get the full £10 for each game? I doubt that.

I'm going to assume we probably get 50% so I think about £20,000 per game, which almost covers almost half of our weekly squad cap costs IF we're the home side... 
    https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement/
  • Options
    I love our boys commentary through my chosen viewing source I've only heard them twice ( I think) so get the oppo's equally biased voices. Sunderland didn't even send theirs down and were simply watching what we were seeing on tv t'up north, that was shocking. If I wanted someone to talk although way through the football I would of asked my wife to commentate, if Bowyer's shouting at the 4th official I want Terry screaming "chin the winker" I don't want someone saying "something happened off screen we didn't see what it was" More power to them.
  • Options
    I quite enjoy the commentary but it's a shame they don't have the same view as we do or have replays available. Just one of those things. 
  • Options
    I'm guessing Saturday 
  • Options
    What's the best way to transfer my laptop screen to my TV?

Can it be done wirelessly?
  • Options
    You will need to use HDMI cable depending on the Output from the laptop but most laptops have a HDMI port.
  • Options
    What's the best way to transfer my laptop screen to my TV?

Can it be done wirelessly?
    It depends on what tv you have, a HDMI lead can also be used to connect laptop to tv if your tv/laptop has the correct sockets.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Stream has started, picture of pitch with some players warming up.