Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match thread

Comments

• Options
    Lineup doesn’t fill me with much confidence but hoping to be proven wrong 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Charlton: Amos, Gunter, Purrington, Famewo, Inniss, Shinnie, Pratley (c), Watson, Doughty, Bogle, Washington

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Williams, Forster-Caskey, Aneke, Maatsen, Levitt, Smyth
  • Options
    JFC and Levitt for Bogle and Doughty double-change
  • Options
    Watson and Pratley in the same midfield...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Blackpool: Maxwell, Turton, Ekpiteta, Husband, Mitchell, Williams, Robson, Ward, Hamilton, Madine, Woodburn

Subs: Sims, Gabriel, Sarkic, Yates, Kemp, Ballard, Lubala
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I mean, look at it this way. There's almost no way we can make a negative substitution
    Maynard Brewer for Washington?
    Have you seen Maynard Brewer play up front then ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Charlton legend Chris Maxwell!
    When did he turn up @ Blackpool, I dont remember that... I thought he was in Scotland
  • Options
    No way Woodburn doesnt score tonight so I'm changing to 2-1 to us
  • Options
    A cutting centre midfield of Watson and Pratley
  • Options
    When will Williams start a game again?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I mean, look at it this way. There's almost no way we can make a negative substitution
    Going with two Goalkeepers in a revolutionary tactic
  • Options
    Blackpool got some good players
  • Options
    Not surprised we’re going for solidity while players are trying to get their fitness up. Leaving Gunter and Inniss exposed and relying on Bogle and Shinnie to carry too much of a load is asking for trouble so I think we can expect stodge for a little while until they’ve bedded in more. Hopefully then we’ll see more adventurous lineups
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Charlton legend Chris Maxwell!
    Guaranteed he will have a blinder...
  • Options
    Not surprised we’re going for solidity while players are trying to get their fitness up. Leaving Gunter and Inniss exposed and relying on Bogle and Shinnie to carry too much of a load is asking for trouble so I think we can expect stodge for a little while until they’ve bedded in more. Hopefully then we’ll see more adventurous lineups
    'relying on Bogle and Shinnie to carry too much of a load' is exactly what we're doing here though, if that load is 'any sort of attacking play'
  • Options
    Gary Madine and Inniss kick off both see red
  • Options
    Confident we don't lose , might sneak a win
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I don’t mind the Watson/Pratley combo away from home if Pratley gets up & down the pitch while Watson does the clean up and Shinnie is left to work his magic in the middle - hopefully his passes will open a few doors that we couldn’t on Saturday and he can cement that spot in the team.

I think we may actually do well tonight. 2-0 or 2-1 to the Addicks. 
  • Options
    Williams scored after coming off the bench for Wales with 20 minutes left on the clock, happy to wait till the end of the game to judge his involvement on the game. Rather see him make an impact of the bench than be hooked on 60 minutes because he's run out of steam
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Going with two Goalkeepers in a revolutionary tactic
    Ahhh cunning strategy  catch the opposition off guard  ;)
  • Options
    Williams doesn't start because he doesn't score enough. So instead of him in the team we have...
  • Options
    When will Williams start a game again?
    When he next plays for Wales.
    It's like the Bale "Wales, Golf, Madrid" slogan, except it's Bowyer holding up the "Wales, Tunbridge Wells, Charlton" banner
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It could be a diamond but I’m seeing it as more of a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with Shinnie - in behind Bogle - trying to thread passes down the wings for Doughty and Washington. Let’s see!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!