Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match thread

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Bless you Beds!! 
  • Options
    Game kicks off at 9pm, Beds. There's a new special rule about announcing teams 3h early under Tier 2
  • Options
    Blackpool got some good players
    Madine & Hamilton will cause us problems. Whereas Washington & Bogle will get no service.

Think I'll stick with my prediction of 2-0 to the xmas fruit.
  • Options
    This team could line up in quite a few different ways 532, a more attacking 352, 433, diamond.  None of them?

Doughty does cause Bowyer a selection problem, in a good way.

Maybe Purrington will be part of a back 3?  Who knows. 
  • Options
    Bows might have to look out. Sangaard said that he likes to see attacking football & would rather lose 4-3 than 1-0. 
  • Options
    Blackpool got some good players
    Madine & Hamilton will cause us problems. Whereas Washington & Bogle will get no service.

Think I'll stick with my prediction of 2-0 to the xmas fruit.
    That's the spirit.
  • Options
    Bows might have to look out. Sangaard said that he likes to see attacking football & would rather lose 4-3 than 1-0. 
    You might be onto something there Golfie. I agree TS might not appreciate a string on 1-0 grinds
  • Options
    Williams doesn't start because he doesn't score enough. So instead of him in the team we have...
    Never give a bloody chance to score, never played and if he
    comes on a sub, usually too late and already down on the
    scoresheet, Bowyer needs to show more confidence in him,
    certainly turns it on for Wales for crying out loud ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All right , all right ! I got it wrong again dad ...

• Options
    Watson and Pratley in the same midfield...
    Different shape today though. Probably a defensive 4-3-3 with Watson and Prately sitting. Shinnie, Doughty, Washington and Bogle will be left to get on with trying to attack. We might be quote direct tonight.

• Options
     it's as good as guess as any 
  • Options
    Shinnie will assist the assister tonight, ball in behind the full back. Cut back into the area for a lovely goal.
  • Options
    Watson and Pratley in the same midfield...
    Different shape today though. Probably a defensive 4-3-3 with Watson and Prately sitting. Shinnie, Doughty, Washington and Bogle will be left to get on with trying to attack. We might be quote direct tonight.

Lets hope so! Got a bad feeling about this one, the Blackpool team looks decent ( by decent i mean i’ve actually heard of a few of their players).
  • Options
    I am starting to feel that we are slightly lacking in an exact game plan, hence why we always need to match the opposition's starting 11?!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This team could line up in quite a few different ways 532, a more attacking 352, 433, diamond.  None of them?

All of them. And changed during various phases of the match. Bowyer does love a good Plan B.

• Options
    Looks like a 433 to me

Amos

Gunter  Innis  Famewo   Purrington 

Watson

Shinnie                 Pratley

Washington      Bogle        Doughty

A welcome mix of experience and a sprinkle of youth, rather than the other way around. So much to come off the bench, I kind of want to see all 6 outfield subs play, so says a lot about how far we have come in a short space of time. Can Bogle be fit? Must have been very disciplined over recent months... Wish him well and hope he gets a debut goal. COYR

• Options
    Not the best starting 11 I've ever seen, seems a bit defensive to me. At least we have attacking subs we can make. I'm going for a 2-1 defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just occurred to me that we might be seeing the Purkenbauer Sweeper Experiment again
  • Options
    If  When Watson gets booked tonight, that will be 5 in 5 matches.

A new club record for consecutive bookings after your debut?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Definitely looks like a team set up not to lose rather than win . Three midfielders with a combined age of 101 is a bit worrying also . 
  • Options
    agenda driven slagging off of players
    Two words. Naby Sarr. Ta ta!
  • Options
    Gawd, the negatively and agenda driven slagging off of players and, unbelievably, Bowyer even before kick off is depressing.

Think I give this thread a miss.

Up the Addicks, bring home the three points.

2 - 0 to the Londoners. Bogle and Washington
    Don't worry Henry, when it finishes 1-3 to us, all of those negative comments will be changed to "I thought that team would do well"  :)
  • Options

Also means that he will miss the Northampton game on Saturday 
  • Options

No it does not, one booking was in the cup and does not count
  • Options
    Pompey 2-0 up at Gillingham already after 20 minutes
  • Options
    ross1 said:

No it does not, one booking was in the cup and does not count
    Cheers Ross
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!